Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: SOC2: West 6-0 @ Minford 5-1

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Vladimir wrote:
siderman wrote:
And don't even bring up the whistle. What about the catch on the sideline. Good catch, but he was on the line. Or the numerous time Minford could've-should've been called for holding. I honestly don't care what the score was. Looking back, I'm glad they got pushed. That will only make them stronger.
Well that's the great thing about video is that it's unbiased, isn't it? When this game comes out on the Zone tv people will see the catch was good with both feet in, and that it was a fumble. The Minford player was going the other way with one blocker ahead of him, the only Sider to stop him was pushed to the ground. Why did the West kid get on his horse and try to tackle him??? Because he knew it was a fumble. The ref blew the play dead. It would have went for a TD. That would have made the score 27-18 Minford late in the 4th, but since the offical didn't see it because he was on the other side of the pile, he blew the play dead, it was an honest mistake not a screw job. That ended up giving West a 3rd down that later turned into the game winning TD.
Actually I doubt that because the cameramen for The Zone are horrible at following the ball. I wonder when the Burg/Minford game is going to be shown the WatchTheZone.com? I don't get The Zone on DishNetwork and can only watch them on line.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

siderman wrote:I really couldn't care. We got the win. Don't dround yourselves with tears.

Any knowledgeable football fan will tell you the best team won, and that's all that matters. Minford played their butts off and the stars almost aligned for them, but it wasn't meant to be.
What the Hell is "dround"???

Do you mean "drown"? :mrgreen:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

DIDO wrote:^^^Not really, me and my dog....we like our trailer in the woods.

That would be, "My dog and I". lol

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

:lol: HA HA Didn't ya get it? It was suppose to be hick. You may be smart, but no common sense. I would also think if your 51 yrs old, but
act like 12.....must be an only child. Do you have a picture of Star Wars in your room. :lol: :lol: :lol:

jagered
JV Team

Post by jagered »

I usually don't say much on here but some of the things being said are just crazy!! First of all to Minford fans be proud of your kids effort but keep it real to, you scored on 2 or 3 slop plays that kept you in the game. If not for the garbage plays its a blowout, now the one score was a great play called RUN, the other 2 were prayers. Now for the West fans also be proud of your kids effort especially after Pendelton went down they stuck together and in my opinion at times looked better offensively without him in the game. Now I am not bashing him he is a good High Scool Player, as far as Rivals this and Rivals that forget about that garbage and just worry about each weeks opponent, win with class. I am telling you now, you all better hope you find a secondary coach who can coach up the db's this week or Valley will throw all over you. I had West 8-2 at the beginning of the season and im sticking with it, loss t Valley and as always the Burg.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

DIDO wrote::lol: HA HA Didn't ya get it? It was suppose to be hick. You may be smart, but no common sense. I would also think if your 51 yrs old, but
act like 12.....must be an only child. Do you have a picture of Star Wars in your room. :lol: :lol: :lol:
No, the only thing I got was that you are an illiterate buffoon now trying to cover up your ignorance.

Star Wars??? Just how old are you??? It's Avatar you fool. :mrgreen:

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

jagered wrote:I usually don't say much on here but some of the things being said are just crazy!! First of all to Minford fans be proud of your kids effort but keep it real to, you scored on 2 or 3 slop plays that kept you in the game. If not for the garbage plays its a blowout, now the one score was a great play called RUN, the other 2 were prayers.

Whatever?? One pass yes when the QB was flushed out of the pocket and had to reverse his field, he did find the open reciever, so I wouldn't say it was "a prayer," but the play sure wasn't designed that way. I will give you that one. Did you see the block the QB picked up right before he let the ball go? Man, someone got drilled, and that was probably the most exciting play I've seen in a long time.

The first TD pass, however, was designed to the TE it's called a Waggle, and if it gets off it's one of the hardest pass plays to defend. He usually runs a drag route, but it was turned into a Post route to sneak him behind the FS. If the TE can sneak in behind the Safety and if it's caught it's a TD. That is a designed play and that's who the pass was supposed to go to. So, to call it luck or a prayer is not accurate. Also, I believe that is the same play Minford hit their TE on 2 yrs ago in this same matchup in the first quarter that set up a TD to tie the game.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Bash: I don't think anyone is bashing Roback as he is the best I've seen in the area since J. Eaton, Parks, and Frazie a decade ago. That's a pretty elite group to have your name associated with. They all had successful college careers at Akron, Morehead and Marshall. It really suprised me Roback left ND, but something or someone told him in order to get playing time he'd be better off going to a MAC school. I doubt it was just to play QB. Most kids dream of playing Pro, so ND has players all over the NFL and I don't know of any from OU so I doubt that was the only reason. Once someone makes it to that level and they realize eveyone is just as much of a stud or more than they realize they need to come back down to earth and look at their options.

I have a buddy that had a D-1 ride to UK but left after his first year. I asked him why he left. His answer was simple, he said, "I'm not that good at that level and I'd rather get to play at Mt. Union than sit the bench all the time." I understood how he felt, and told him there is no shame in that decision. It's not bashing anyone, it's just people don't realize what it takes at that level to be successful. Do you honestly think any of these kids from around here would even start at Cincinnati St. Xavier, Moeller, Cleveland St. Iggy or Cleveland Glennville?

Uncle C
Riding the Bench

Post by Uncle C »

You want to know something? These are just kids! Young kids! If and when they play in college they will be kids. I know it is hard to remember this fact...but it is Truth. Good luck to all the teams in Southern Ohio. And I know if the boys played anyone from the North end of Ohio, anyone of Us would be behind them. Hope these kids do not destroy their health for a game. Good Luck to them all!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
siderman wrote:I really couldn't care. We got the win. Don't dround yourselves with tears.

Any knowledgeable football fan will tell you the best team won, and that's all that matters. Minford played their butts off and the stars almost aligned for them, but it wasn't meant to be.

Forgive me for my ignorance Mr. English Teacher. I'll go back to my trailer and drink some white cans with BEER on them.

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

Vladimir wrote:Bash: I don't think anyone is bashing Roback as he is the best I've seen in the area since J. Eaton, Parks, and Frazie a decade ago. That's a pretty elite group to have your name associated with. They all had successful college careers at Akron, Morehead and Marshall. It really suprised me Roback left ND, but something or someone told him in order to get playing time he'd be better off going to a MAC school. I doubt it was just to play QB. Most kids dream of playing Pro, so ND has players all over the NFL and I don't know of any from OU so I doubt that was the only reason. Once someone makes it to that level and they realize eveyone is just as much of a stud or more than they realize they need to come back down to earth and look at their options.

I have a buddy that had a D-1 ride to UK but left after his first year. I asked him why he left. His answer was simple, he said, "I'm not that good at that level and I'd rather get to play at Mt. Union than sit the bench all the time." I understood how he felt, and told him there is no shame in that decision. It's not bashing anyone, it's just people don't realize what it takes at that level to be successful. Do you honestly think any of these kids from around here would even start at Cincinnati St. Xavier, Moeller, Cleveland St. Iggy or Cleveland Glennville?
Roback will regret not staying at ND and getting that diploma from there. Even if you never play a down of football, you would be set for life from an economic standpoint. the alumni base is spread from the east coast to the west coast. A former football player from ND is basically falling into six figure salaries. Sorry, thats not happening at OU-Athens. Someone should have put football into perspective for him. If your not good enough to start at ND there is no chance for pro ball. And at that point one must think about their future. What a shame. Did I mention, I HATE Notre Dame, but that has nothing to do with the future economic stability that would have been provided with that education.

classof1985
Waterboy

Post by classof1985 »

preps_fan1980 wrote:
WestFan27 wrote:For anyone that has posted about Trevon not being D1 or the best back in the area. First off, he is a high school KID, he does not deserve to be trashed on a public forum by a bunch of adults. Second, I myself have to beleive the college scouts and Rivals.com know a little more about football than you idots. They don't rank a kid #2 in the nation for the hell of it. Everyone is entilted to their opinion, but no one should bash any KID EVER. I know there is alot of JEALOUS people in the world, but this KID has worked his butt off to get where his is. All you HATERS need to grow up and give a little RESPECT when it is due.
He's not number 2 in the nation. Go to rivals.com click on Trevon's name. He is the #2 ranked Fullback on the rivals.com site. It also shows that he is the 49th ranked Fullback in the State, and that he is not rated in the Nation. The kids great and a difference maker, this is nothing against him. If you are going to use numbers, get them right!
if pendleton the #2 fullback in the nation wouldnt that have to make the slone kid somewhere among those ranks because from what ive seen these two players are very alike in ways

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Burg wanabee`s ! I`ll have to rember that one. I never seen so many internet bullies !! lol
Who knew, the people of minford were so bad. I live here and never realized !

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Where are the pictures from this game ?

SSU Grad
Riding the Bench

Post by SSU Grad »

4th n Goal wrote:
southernpride wrote:The coach from West is really cracking me up. "We had total control of this game from the opening kickoff". How can you have total control of a 24-21 game? Not a falcon fan, but if that is his idea of total control, I must not know what total control means.
He sounded like an idiot on the radio. First he says that he has 5 great backs and it doesn't matter who carries it, then he says that his 2 best backs were hurt and that's why it was so close. Then he says that Minford wasn't that good and they just got a couple lucky passes. Not his exact words, but pretty close. Ever heard of respecting the team that you barely beat???
BG 77 in my opinion is the idiot... you get on here and trash a guy who has dedicated his life to improving the lives of the young men of our communities... what have you done in your life besides sit behind a computer all day and post on sports blogs. You have done nothing in your life that is comparable to what coach T has done for his young men... therefore, you sir, are the idiot..

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

siderman wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

Forgive me for my ignorance Mr. English Teacher. I'll go back to my trailer and drink some white cans with BEER on them.

That sounds about right for a typical Saturday night in West Portsmouth. Maybe you can "dround" out your sorrows for being so illiterate. I mean come on, an 8 year old can spell drown.

"Me like football!!"

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

SSU Grad wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:
southernpride wrote:The coach from West is really cracking me up. "We had total control of this game from the opening kickoff". How can you have total control of a 24-21 game? Not a falcon fan, but if that is his idea of total control, I must not know what total control means.
He sounded like an idiot on the radio. First he says that he has 5 great backs and it doesn't matter who carries it, then he says that his 2 best backs were hurt and that's why it was so close. Then he says that Minford wasn't that good and they just got a couple lucky passes. Not his exact words, but pretty close. Ever heard of respecting the team that you barely beat???
BG 77 in my opinion is the idiot... you get on here and trash a guy who has dedicated his life to improving the lives of the young men of our communities... what have you done in your life besides sit behind a computer all day and post on sports blogs. You have done nothing in your life that is comparable to what coach T has done for his young men... therefore, you sir, are the idiot..
Evidently you are the blithering idiot since I never said one thing about Triplett being an idiot. You copied and pasted the guy that said it and though he has the same avatar as I do it's not me. Idiot!!!!

Of course, I guess since you graduated from Floodwall Tech you are now a Rhodes Scholar. Just what the Hell have you ever did for the youth of the area. I coached and umpired Little League for 8 years and a lot of those kids went on to play in the state title game for the Burg last year. Let's hear your worthy accomplishments to help the youth of Scioto county.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
siderman wrote:
That sounds about right for a typical Saturday night in West Portsmouth. Maybe you can "dround" out your sorrows for being so illiterate. I mean come on, an 8 year old can spell drown.

"Me like football!!"
And what's a typical night in Wheelersburg? Sitting in your big home you can't afford beating yourselves in the chest trying to convince yourselves how great your are?

Of coarse you just live in your little home on dog wood ridge across from the old grade school. Poverty in the wonderful town of Wheelersburg.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

And what's a typical night in Wheelersburg? Sitting in your big home you can't afford beating yourselves in the chest trying to convince yourselves how great your are?

Of coarse you just live in your little home on dog wood ridge across from the old grade school. Poverty in the wonderful town of Wheelersburg.

Wrong answer Clyde. I can afford my house just fine and as a matter of fact it will be paid off in 9 years. My house isn't little either, unlike your double wide sitting up on blocks and surrounded by broken down junk cars. Go drink yourself another PBR and see if you can come up some more intelligent things to say.

Just how do you like the roar of the racetrack every Saturday night from your double wide trailer on blocks? :mrgreen:

By the way, it's "course", not "coarse". :roll:

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

the west fb is the #2 fb in the nation by rivals ranking. he is the 49th overall player in ohio counting all positions. that is huge he has to be a awsome athlete to get there. congrads are for sure due. good luck youngman

Return to “Football”