Wheelersburg 38 Nelsonville-York 6

seasick80
All State

Re: Region 19 #4 Nelsonville-York (9-2) @ #1 Wheelersburg (11-0)

Post by seasick80 »

Wait, I will say Carmichael at LB is a monster. Watch out for him

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

bleed_blue wrote:
seasick80 wrote:Everyone bashing burg vs west. Anyone look at west waverly score? West raceland score? West is a good team that had some bad breaks on offensive side of the ball. Waverly only beat west 19-6 at home. Looks like good defense to me. Then u have oak saying burg beat a mediocre div 3 Jackson team. That Jackson team lost to a d3 playoff team in Chillicothe by 3 points. Clocked Logan 46-14 and who knows how bad that could have been. Jacksons losses were to chilli, Burg, D2 Winton Woods and D1 Cabell Midlands from Wv. Winton Woods loaded with D1 commits. Just a mediocre team from SE Ohio huh Oak?
Noticed that oak wants to call Wheelersburg schedule into question but does not mention that outside of a win against a d7 Trimble team Nelsonville doesn't have any other significant win.
But ny did what they needed to and dominated the teams from river valley to Zane trace. Not an impressive resume but they did what they had to do. And in dominate fashion.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

seasick80 wrote:
bleed_blue wrote:
seasick80 wrote:Everyone bashing burg vs west. Anyone look at west waverly score? West raceland score? West is a good team that had some bad breaks on offensive side of the ball. Waverly only beat west 19-6 at home. Looks like good defense to me. Then u have oak saying burg beat a mediocre div 3 Jackson team. That Jackson team lost to a d3 playoff team in Chillicothe by 3 points. Clocked Logan 46-14 and who knows how bad that could have been. Jacksons losses were to chilli, Burg, D2 Winton Woods and D1 Cabell Midlands from Wv. Winton Woods loaded with D1 commits. Just a mediocre team from SE Ohio huh Oak?
Noticed that oak wants to call Wheelersburg schedule into question but does not mention that outside of a win against a d7 Trimble team Nelsonville doesn't have any other significant win.
But ny did what they needed to and dominated the teams from river valley to Zane trace. Not an impressive resume but they did what they had to do. And in dominate fashion.
As did Wheelersburg but yet their schedule is constantly called out.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Ground Buck wrote:If NY sticks to the ground game this game is easily winnable. But if we try to appease people by throwing the ball around and/or spotlighting certain players it will be a long night. So let's stick to the script and feed the monster.

FEAR the 3! :mrgreen:

I hope they stick to the Run all night.... If this happens it will be a very long night for NY.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I absolutely love how so many people doubt this yrs burg team b/c of a wk 7 game vs waverly and wk 10 against west. Look at the 7 losses by west only 3 was by more than 10 points and that was to kentucky powerhouse raceland, p-town and waverly which IMO they should have beat waverly and p-town both. They could have easily been 8-1 coming into the wk 10 game against burg. This yrs west team was a darn good despite that 3-7 record.

Portsmouth West 2016 Football (3-7)
Fairland W 26-20
Portsmouth L 33-26
Dawson-Bryant L 14-9
Wellston W 34-8
Raceland L 29-6
Minford L 19-16
Valley W 41-7
Waverly L 19-6
Batavia L 10-7
Wheelersburg L 24-14

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

seasick80 wrote:Mack Dyer is a stud, no one gives him credit. He can throw short and deep and can run as good as any back. We have 3 receivers in canary doer and Holden and newsome/Carmichael as runners and don't forget Bivens! Not sure how to rate him. Just seems to show up. Then u throw in Lowery at QB. Does he run or pass? Too many weapons on offense. Defensively, speed. All I'm gonna say
The burgs qb does some good things but throwing the deep ball is not one of them. He misses way more deep throws than he completes.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Dyer is an athlete that plays QB. He's in the perfect spot. He's decent at the throw, better running. Dyers best play is the mid line option. Reminds me of Kaskey. Knows exactly when to pull the ball out of the mesh point.

I think next year he could play into a small d1 or d1-aa school. He has the size and speed, he just needs to attend some camps that can get him ready should he choose to do that. If he does, I think you will see a special year out of him when he's a senior.
Last edited by wobycat on Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

seasick80 wrote:Wait, I will say Carmichael at LB is a monster. Watch out for him
And Hatfield next to him. Lol. Then you have Parsley on the dline who is a monster.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

whompascat wrote:think the burg can beat the browns sounds like to me we should give them the state title
Now now. We don't just give trophies away, they are earned. If Burg gets there and wins then they can give us the title. Until then slow your roll home slice. Just because we believe our team will win doesn't mean you have to get butt hurt and cry about it. This is America and opinions are allowed, if you don't like it I here they are giving free flights to Canada this week. You are a troll and a waste of air mouth breather.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Mad-Dogg wrote:I absolutely love how so many people doubt this yrs burg team b/c of a wk 7 game vs waverly and wk 10 against west. Look at the 7 losses by west only 3 was by more than 10 points and that was to kentucky powerhouse raceland, p-town and waverly which IMO they should have beat waverly and p-town both. They could have easily been 8-1 coming into the wk 10 game against burg. This yrs west team was a darn good despite that 3-7 record.

Fairland W 26-20
Portsmouth L 33-26
Dawson-Bryant L 14-9
Wellston W 34-8
Raceland L 29-6
Minford L 19-16
Valley W 41-7
Waverly L 19-6
Batavia L 10-7
Wheelersburg L 24-14
There are no "darn good" 3-7 teams in SE Ohio in this day and age. I think even West fans will tell you that. Wheelersburg controlled that game and was never in any danger. But to try to paint West as a good football team is laughable.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Crab's Brother wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:I absolutely love how so many people doubt this yrs burg team b/c of a wk 7 game vs waverly and wk 10 against west. Look at the 7 losses by west only 3 was by more than 10 points and that was to kentucky powerhouse raceland, p-town and waverly which IMO they should have beat waverly and p-town both. They could have easily been 8-1 coming into the wk 10 game against burg. This yrs west team was a darn good despite that 3-7 record.

Fairland W 26-20
Portsmouth L 33-26
Dawson-Bryant L 14-9
Wellston W 34-8
Raceland L 29-6
Minford L 19-16
Valley W 41-7
Waverly L 19-6
Batavia L 10-7
Wheelersburg L 24-14
There are no "darn good" 3-7 teams in SE Ohio in this day and age. I think even West fans will tell you that. Wheelersburg controlled that game and was never in any danger. But to try to paint West as a good football team is laughable.
What is laughable is you are getting hit with facts and your opinion is blowing up in your face. West played a tough schedule and came up just short in 5 games.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

P(irate) wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:

Fairland W 26-20
Portsmouth L 33-26
Dawson-Bryant L 14-9
Wellston W 34-8
Raceland L 29-6
Minford L 19-16
Valley W 41-7
Waverly L 19-6
Batavia L 10-7
Wheelersburg L 24-14
What is laughable is you are getting hit with facts and your opinion is blowing up in your face. West played a tough schedule and came up just short in 5 games.

Calling West a "darn good team" is facts?

SE Ohio football on the state level is so far down but you guys refuse to see it. Wheelersburg is legit. And that is it. There are no other "darn good" teams around here. That is why we are in week 12 and there are 4 teams in our area still playing.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Burg is getting mad respect from NY. We are Galiath. LOL.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Crab's Brother wrote:

Fairland W 26-20
Portsmouth L 33-26
Dawson-Bryant L 14-9
Wellston W 34-8
Raceland L 29-6
Minford L 19-16
Valley W 41-7
Waverly L 19-6
Batavia L 10-7
Wheelersburg L 24-14
west was not a good football team
burg did not play well in week 10

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Sport Fan wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:If NY sticks to the ground game this game is easily winnable. But if we try to appease people by throwing the ball around and/or spotlighting certain players it will be a long night. So let's stick to the script and feed the monster.

I hope they stick to the Run all night.... If this happens it will be a very long night for NY.
The more you Burg people keep saying that the more we know you really do FEAR the 3! and you hope we start throwing he ball around. I hope our coaches keep their focus on winning the game, and not on keeping any influential parents happy. If they do, NY will keep it on the ground and run away with the win. Speed Kills.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ground Buck wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:

The more you Burg people keep saying that the more we know you really do FEAR the 3! and you hope we start throwing he ball around. I hope our coaches keep their focus on winning the game, and not on keeping any influential parents happy. If they do, NY will keep it on the ground and run away with the win. Speed Kills.

OUR coaching staff hasn't and is not worried about keeping parents happy. They care about putting our boys in a position to be successful.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

^^^ Okay :lol:

Like I said, if our coaches stay focused on the task at hand, which is beating Burg regardless of who gets credit, we keep it on the ground and win.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
SkyRocketMedia
Waterboy

Post by SkyRocketMedia »

We just put up a Hype Video on our Facebook page. Take a look and enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/SkyRocketMedia ... 091868643/

tobehonest
Waterboy

Post by tobehonest »

LOL...there is nobody on God's green earth that has watched film on Wheelersburg and think they need to run on them. I would assume the coaches would want a balanced offense leaning on the passing game to open up the run.... Peace out

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

fbnut wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:

Fairland W 26-20
Portsmouth L 33-26
Dawson-Bryant L 14-9
Wellston W 34-8
Raceland L 29-6
Minford L 19-16
Valley W 41-7
Waverly L 19-6
Batavia L 10-7
Wheelersburg L 24-14
west was not a good football team
burg did not play well in week 10
So if west is not a good team and burg played bad does that mean waverly played bad to b/c west gave them a game to

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best

Return to “Football”