2017 Playoffs Wheelersburg 34 Johnstown Monroe 7

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Johnstown Monroe v Wheelersburg

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Westfan wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:54 pm
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:51 pm
Westfan wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:43 am JM is tough to stop because of the quarterback. Put an average running quarterback there and they would be much easier. But he runs the option great and is very fast. He's very small, but that kinda works to his advantage because he hides behind the line.

Wheelersburg has played no running teams like them. JM is much better than Jackson. What impressed me is the way the offensive line combo blocks at the point of attack but still gets to the linebackers at the second level

Just curious, have you seen Jackson play?
Yes
Okay, thanks.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:43 pm Week 1 and a rival game, yeah things changed just a bit
True...... JM won week 1 by a score of 3-0 and then lost their next two games.

Going to be a great game Friday!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

14svt wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:49 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:09 am DUDE seriously if you are going to spout off statistics at least make it to where they can't be looked up.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/jo ... /stats.htm

Johnnies do a nice job of reporting their stats. 6-14 passing on the year really?? So last 3 box scores I seen on your website against Licking heights 16-28 passing 165, Utica 13-28 186 and a game you lost against a good Licking Valley team they had 268 rushing and 13-15 with 230 yards passing.

Mr. #5 1336 yards rushing, next guy 544 and 286 after that. So Johnnies are exactly like Jackson they don't want/can't pass and 1 main back getting the yards with another guy tossed in there. Let's face it Johnnies rely so much on that defense which is suspect against the pass. So once the pass gets going it opens up the run for a team. Yeah I can see the game plan already for this game it's whether or not Burg can execute it.
Sorry those stats aren’t correct # 5 has 2000 yards before the playoffs he has 250 at Oak Hill and 300 against West
Jolly is mad because he picked West to beat jtown that was wrong Next Friday he will be as well
Your Qb will be running for his life
Bye Bye disproved everything you've said. Where's the other 1,700 yard backs and 1,200 yard QB? Good luck to whoever you are this is becoming to easy and you simply lack the knowledge to present any type of argument or rebuttal. Burg in a close one 24-13

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

IGNORE THE TROLL!!

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

14svt wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:49 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:09 am DUDE seriously if you are going to spout off statistics at least make it to where they can't be looked up.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/jo ... /stats.htm

Johnnies do a nice job of reporting their stats. 6-14 passing on the year really?? So last 3 box scores I seen on your website against Licking heights 16-28 passing 165, Utica 13-28 186 and a game you lost against a good Licking Valley team they had 268 rushing and 13-15 with 230 yards passing.

Mr. #5 1336 yards rushing, next guy 544 and 286 after that. So Johnnies are exactly like Jackson they don't want/can't pass and 1 main back getting the yards with another guy tossed in there. Let's face it Johnnies rely so much on that defense which is suspect against the pass. So once the pass gets going it opens up the run for a team. Yeah I can see the game plan already for this game it's whether or not Burg can execute it.
Sorry those stats aren’t correct # 5 has 2000 yards before the playoffs he has 250 at Oak Hill and 300 against West
Jolly is mad because he picked West to beat jtown that was wrong Next Friday he will be as well
Your Qb will be running for his life
Why would I be mad? I pulled for our SOC counterpart. That’s what we do. Burg is still playing they aren’t. Big deal. No sweat off my back.

Like I said. When you make an outlandish claim such as this one, list it. Game by game, week by week with stats. That’s how you make a point. Not just stating it. There have been people prove it wrong from stats they could gather.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:51 pm
Westfan wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:43 am JM is tough to stop because of the quarterback. Put an average running quarterback there and they would be much easier. But he runs the option great and is very fast. He's very small, but that kinda works to his advantage because he hides behind the line.

Wheelersburg has played no running teams like them. JM is much better than Jackson. What impressed me is the way the offensive line combo blocks at the point of attack but still gets to the linebackers at the second level

Just curious, have you seen Jackson play?
Yes
LOL.....

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

Westfan wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:09 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:56 pm

Yes
Who did you see them play?
Wellston
Just wondering why a Westfan would be taking in a Wellston/Jackson game @ Jackson?? That’s a little far from the West Side. Are you a coach/scout? :?

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Da_Burg wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:34 pm

Wellston
Just wondering why a Westfan would be taking in a Wellston/Jackson game @ Jackson?? That’s a little far from the West Side. Are you a coach/scout? :?
Because West plays Wellston?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Wellston
Probably since the Jackson and Wellston game is played on Saturday.

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

Westfan wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:40 pm

Wellston
Because West plays Wellston?
Just a litte interesting, but I’ll believe it

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

Ok Ok Ok I’ve seen enough. This 14svt obviously doesn’t know Football! He also doesn’t know his opponents very well. The Burg is a different beast as to what they have seen this year, outside of Newark Licking Valley. The only fact they have stated is that they can’t win on this forum. :lol:
You want to see how to beat JM? Watch the Licking Valley film. They threw at will on them and exploited the JM secondary horribly. They also ran well against them out of the spread which we do very well.

Another thing you will see is that #39 doesn’t throw the ball. JM only throws the ball when down and it’s very obvious #12 comes in to do it. Defensively I think we mirror each other both being quick to the ball and hard nosed, but I think the key to us stoping their run is our LB’s, DE’s, and Secondary playing very discipline as they have all year long and our LB’s quickness to fill the holes before their big/slow OL get to them. I think the quickness of out D-line will give them fits as well just like they did against Jackson and West.

Do I think that JM will put points on the board? Yes

Do I think this will be a close game? Yes, until the Halftime adjustments.

Will Da Burg win? Yes

☠️☠️Go Burg!!☠️☠️

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I wonder what the record for pages on the forum for one game is?

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Da_Burg wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:08 pm Ok Ok Ok I’ve seen enough. This 14svt obviously doesn’t know Football! He also doesn’t know his opponents very well. The Burg is a different beast as to what they have seen this year, outside of Newark Licking Valley. The only fact they have stated is that they can’t win on this forum. :lol:
You want to see how to beat JM? Watch the Licking Valley film. They threw at will on them and exploited the JM secondary horribly. They also ran well against them out of the spread which we do very well.

Another thing you will see is that #39 doesn’t throw the ball. JM only throws the ball when down and it’s very obvious #12 comes in to do it. Defensively I think we mirror each other both being quick to the ball and hard nosed, but I think the key to us stoping their run is our LB’s, DE’s, and Secondary playing very discipline as they have all year long and our LB’s quickness to fill the holes before their big/slow OL get to them. I think the quickness of out D-line will give them fits as well just like they did against Jackson and West.

Will Da Burg win? Yes

☠️☠️Go Burg!!☠️☠️
I’ll be real done pumping chests
If we cant shut down The WRs game is over !!!!!!
I’ll give you that
But if we put pressure on your QB and give him no time to throw the ball and make him run It will be hard because we have a great run defense also

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

14svt wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:35 pm
Da_Burg wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:08 pm Ok Ok Ok I’ve seen enough. This 14svt obviously doesn’t know Football! He also doesn’t know his opponents very well. The Burg is a different beast as to what they have seen this year, outside of Newark Licking Valley. The only fact they have stated is that they can’t win on this forum. :lol:

Will Da Burg win? Yes

☠️☠️Go Burg!!☠️☠️
I’ll give you that
But if we put pressure on your QB and give him no time to throw the ball and make him run It will be hard because we have a great run defense also
That’s easier said than done and just remember you have one of the best coaching staffs south of Columbus breaking down your team, that can’t be a comfortable feeling. ;) The reason JM hasn’t gone past this round is because being one dimensional only gets you so far. If their isn’t a change this week then the past will continue to haunt you! We need to clean up petty mistakes and continue to dominate as we do best!
Btw - the weather won’t be a problem, I already took care of that at this morning's service! :D

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Will Da Burg win? Yes

☠️☠️Go Burg!!☠️☠️
I’ll give you that
Holy Crap Batman!!!!!! Did he just give some insight?

Burg will keep a RB with the QB at all times. Every once in a while he will sneak out. Our QB is elusive. He has been sacked and usually from the back side where he doesn’t see it coming. If he sees it, he will make somebody look stupid. I think these coaches are formulating a solid game plan. I look for Butter to be lined up alone to set up some one on one scenarios. Season Salt will be your short range middle of the field guy with Old School and The Sheriff sharing time at TE. Dyer will be in his usual role. All of these guys have the potential to hit the big play. Not to mention Mathews getting his reps, Reyes hitting the edge, Clevenger pounding it off tackle and Horsley jamming it up the middle. Then you have to worry about a QB keeper. That’s a ton to prepare for and that’s just one side of the ball. Defense and special teams are no slouch either.

Honestly, I don’t think anyone has the time to completely prepare for this Burg team. They have so many variables. I could be wrong. CA had a great game plan. Probably got some help from that Schiano guy. But when Burg switched it up, they couldn’t find an answer.

I would like to hear an account from halftime Friday night. I heard a little something from a Jr High coach. I did notice Old School didn’t have his arm brace on after the first series of the second half. He was like a man possessed.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Will Da Burg win? Yes

☠️☠️Go Burg!!☠️☠️
Where do you find the Licking Valley vs. Johnstown game?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Will Da Burg win? Yes

☠️☠️Go Burg!!☠️☠️
I’ll give you that

Thing is the QB doesn’t need a lot of time to throw. Burg has 3-4 WR’s that can turn a 5 yard pass into a 75 yard TD.

Sounds like you are stArting to see the light on just what JM is going to see. I don’t see the JM RB’s breaking big long TD runs. Burg has too much speed in the secondary so unless JM can ground out long sustained drives it could be a long night for them

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

It's funny how Burg fans seem to be using a lot of stats/analytics to predict this game. This is going to be a heavy weight fight. Licking Heights beat heath 42-6, Licking Valley squeaked out a win vs. Heath maybe looking ahead to their match up with Johnstown. Licking heights beat D2 New Albany who is in the D2 Regional Finals, Big Walnut also beat New Albany. The Johnstown Independence game was 6-0 at half and Jtown simply did not have it together offensively and the D was on the field all game, Independence ran it up in the 4th quarter, props to them. With all that being said Wheelersburg is the real deal and may win the game, but the result of the game will have nothing to do with the games that have already been played! Best of luck to both teams, going to be a great game!

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:25 pm It's funny how Burg fans seem to be using a lot of stats/analytics to predict this game. This is going to be a heavy weight fight. Licking Heights beat heath 42-6, Licking Valley squeaked out a win vs. Heath maybe looking ahead to their match up with Johnstown. Licking heights beat D2 New Albany who is in the D2 Regional Finals, Big Walnut also beat New Albany. The Johnstown Independence game was 6-0 at half and Jtown simply did not have it together offensively and the D was on the field all game, Independence ran it up in the 4th quarter, props to them. With all that being said Wheelersburg is the real deal and may win the game, but the result of the game will have nothing to do with the games that have already been played! Best of luck to both teams, going to be a great game!
Burg fans having been using stats for background/review just as you have in your post here. I agree that this will be a heavyweight fight to the end and both teams are excellent and are having great seasons.

Seems to me that JM sounds like Coschocton from last year. Burg is 24-1 in the last 2 years with Coshocton being that loss.

Burg will be prepared for what promises to be a great game Friday Night! GO BURG!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

As far as I can tell the College Football Playoff Committee used stats and analytics to pick the Final 4.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk

Return to “Football”