SEOAL Game of the Week Ironton @ Logan

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Tucky-- never met Lutz. When was this supposed to have happened ?? I played in the 60's and was gone coaching from Logan by '68 . Never played or coached against the dude. "62 Logan grad. Came back to coach at Logan. By '69, I was the Head Coach at Zanesville Rosecrans. When did the tiggers join the SEOAL ???

You on dope ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats the biggest BS story I've heard in a long while. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Paladin on Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Have gun, will travel
2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

dukiees1 wrote:
2old wrote:Back to Lutz. I beleive he was a good coach once. I honestly believe he should have stayed retired.He is only tarnishing his fine record and will continue to do so. Ironton is done i have said that for 4 years.

I respect their forner success but for what ever reason they don't have it anymore.

For one you are wrong he is not tarnishing his record!! anyone who knows Bob Lutz knows he's one of the best coaches around and will continue to be!! They are a young group of kids who lost some players last year and trust me they will improve next year and you can count on that!! That is funny that they have been to the playoffs a few times in those 4 years now haven't they :oops: 8)

Whats really funny is they made it last year under another coach, that wasn't good enough for Ironton fans and they wanted Lutz back, they got him back and are going to miss the playoffs, so was this year as big of an improvement as everyone hoped.

JMoney
Riding the Bench

Post by JMoney »

:lol:
seats gone by 645 on the visitors side

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

2old wrote:Hey Tiger,

You and Lutz will be spectators this year. Ironton in their heyday advanced beyond the first game. Because of your scheduling it is easy for you guys to makeplayoffs. KY, WVA, and Canadian teams have helped you. This year even that failed. I hate to see Lutz go through these losses.

D1, you like Ironton spoh over Logans?? Just curious.

h*** NO, i believe our sophmor class, could compete for 2nd place in the S.E.O.A.L North THIS year.
P.Bug,MaseDawg,Booby,McDaniel(you will hear his name a lot next couple years) snider.. the ones above that i mentioned , that do not start, would probably start on any other team in our league.
not to mention rutter,swaim,pogey,doyle.
Our sophmore class has a bright :idea: BRIGHT :idea: future.
next years team will be loaded, along with this years junior class.
probably a better team than this year.
I wouldnt trade any 2 defensive players in the league for pat and mase.
Pat is probably the 2nd best d.end in the league, only bc the #1 is on our team, and mason just has a football mantality, and loves to hit.

Curious George
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious George »

TigerCannon,

I'm going to use YOUR EXACT WORDS, so try not to get confused and pretend that I'm twisting anything around. I highlighted this next part from YOUR POST and I am pasting it here for YOU AND EVERYONE READING to see:

per Tigercannon, "To those knowledgable it does make sense. If you take a great DV or DIV team and put them up agaisnt a good DII or DI team they will get beat."

Now, even if you leave Mooney out of it, and you only look at the other two teams I have listed, you still get the following:

victories over Mas. Perry (currently ranked 7th in Region 2 and a playoff team last year), Youngstown East (stands at 7-2, but I don't consider that to be good enough for this argument because they are only ranked 11th in Region 7, although they have 5 wins over D-I schools...just not impressive enough to make much of a statement here), and Bishop Watterson (do I really need to type up their resume for you?)

Now, with what I've given you (based only on facts), can I at least get you to acknowledge that your INITIAL point was wrong? You didn't say anything at all about exceptions, and you didn't leave any room for error. You made yourself very clear..."A great D-V or D-IV team will get beat by a good D-II or D-I team."

If you don't think that's an exact science, then you should say so. And, if you don't think it's an exact science, then why did you use it as the basis for the comparison between West Jeff. and Logan?

Also, while you're busy talking about who's twisting things...who ever said I was from Logan? I know that I plainly stated to you on the last page that I WAS NOT FROM LOGAN. And, I know you read the thread, because you responded to it. But, you still made a reference to me being from Logan. Why is that?

I'll say it for you one more time...I'M NOT FROM LOGAN.

Not everything on this site has to be about Logan and Ironton. There are many more of us from "OTHER" schools than there are from Logan and Ironton.

Now, did I get anything else wrong? Would you like to try to bless me with any more of your "knowledge"?

I don't know what it's like in Ironton, but where I'm from, it's wrong to show up to a gun fight with a knife. It rarely works out in your favor. ;-)

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

GO LOGAN!!!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Look the schedules thats all Im going to say Curious. If you would actually do research youd see that Steubenvill and CCC have beaten decent DII and DI teams. All you gotta do is go to Joe eitels site and follow the links and you could see that. Its easy just point and click.

Weis-guys
JV Team

Post by Weis-guys »

2trap_4ever wrote:
dukiees1 wrote:
2old wrote:Back to Lutz. I beleive he was a good coach once. I honestly believe he should have stayed retired.He is only tarnishing his fine record and will continue to do so. Ironton is done i have said that for 4 years.

I respect their forner success but for what ever reason they don't have it anymore.

For one you are wrong he is not tarnishing his record!! anyone who knows Bob Lutz knows he's one of the best coaches around and will continue to be!! They are a young group of kids who lost some players last year and trust me they will improve next year and you can count on that!! That is funny that they have been to the playoffs a few times in those 4 years now haven't they :oops: 8)

Whats really funny is they made it last year under another coach, that wasn't good enough for Ironton fans and they wanted Lutz back, they got him back and are going to miss the playoffs, so was this year as big of an improvement as everyone hoped.

Last year's Ironton team was way better than this year's Ironton team. Remember, Ironton only returned about 3 starters and a handful of lettermen...this team but most measures was expected to have a losing season...heck a lot of people didn't think they'd win more than 1 or 2 games.

What Lutz has done this year is remarkable. Thus far, he's 5-4 and 1 win away from the playoffs with a 1-9, 2-8 team.

Curious George
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious George »

tigercannon71 wrote:Look the schedules thats all Im going to say Curious. If you would actually do research youd see that Steubenvill and CCC have beaten decent DII and DI teams. All you gotta do is go to Joe eitels site and follow the links and you could see that. Its easy just point and click.

What are you talking about? Do you have multiple peronalities posting from multiple perspectives on the same subject? Or, did you just have a lapse of concentration and forget who was trying to make what point?

I've already "done the research" and I've already looked up the schedules on http://www.joeeitel.com

For crying out loud...I'M THE ONE WHO CLEARLY STATED THAT CCC AND STEUBENVILLE HAVE BEATEN DECENT D-II AND D-I TEAMS. I'm the one that brought them into the conversation...remember?

YOU WERE THE ONE WHO SAID THE OPPOSITE.

What kind of point are you trying to make with this post? If it's to support my side of the argument without publicly acknowledging what I posted, then you have accomplished that. If not, then I don't have any idea what your goal is.

JMoney
Riding the Bench

Post by JMoney »

i'm pretty sure all i heard about at the beginning of the season from ironton posters wast 7-3 and playoffs...something close to that..oh and i forgot...winning in week 10
lets see how much of that comes true after week 10
and how portsmouth and zanesville were better than us..i remember hearing that a few times before week 1

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

tigercannon71 wrote:Lets look at it Georgie Mooney top 10 ten in the state overall. Thats very rare for a DIV team to be. Maybe best team in the state I dont know. Look at the other 2 treams the DI and DII teams that Steubenville has played is a combined 17-24. Canton Central Catholic DI and DII teams are a combined 13-5. So these guys arent playing good DI and DII teams they are playing average teams. All you gotta do is look at the schedule. Bam blown up again! I cant wait to see how you change it up now.

See I pointed that out your just coping what I said now. My original state was a "If you take a great DV or DIV team and put them up against a good DII or DI team they will get beat." The teams they have beaten aren good higher division teams they are decent at best. See you have proved my argument, with the exception of Mooney, for me. Thank you.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

thats good stuff

JMoney
Riding the Bench

Post by JMoney »

ironton is my hero...finishing 6-4 @ best..which they won't they will be 5-5...surely is remarkable weis-guy

when does the movie hit theatres?? :roll:
Last edited by JMoney on Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

junkie,

thank you for sabre rattling the one player your team doesn't want any part of on the logan team tonight.

thanks for the pregame speech!!!!!!!!!!

this is great stuff :lol:

Curious George
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious George »

tigercannon71 wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:Lets look at it Georgie Mooney top 10 ten in the state overall. Thats very rare for a DIV team to be. Maybe best team in the state I dont know. Look at the other 2 treams the DI and DII teams that Steubenville has played is a combined 17-24. Canton Central Catholic DI and DII teams are a combined 13-5. So these guys arent playing good DI and DII teams they are playing average teams. All you gotta do is look at the schedule. Bam blown up again! I cant wait to see how you change it up now.

See I pointed that out your just coping what I said now. My original state was a "If you take a great DV or DIV team and put them up against a good DII or DI team they will get beat." The teams they have beaten aren good higher division teams they are decent at best. See you have proved my argument, with the exception of Mooney, for me. Thank you.

You are unbelieveable.

I don't know you personally, so I can't say that the following applies to your everday life, but your posts on here make you a legend in your own mind.

It's a shame because I really hoped we would be able to have an intelligient conversation. I have no personal stance in the Ironton-Logan match-up so I won't exchange "pleasantries" with you there. All I will say is good luck to both teams.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Curious George wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:

You are unbelieveable.

I don't know you personally, so I can't say that the following applies to your everday life, but your posts on here make you a legend in your own mind.

It's a shame because I really hoped we would be able to have an intelligient conversation. I have no personal stance in the Ironton-Logan match-up so I won't exchange "pleasantries" with you there. All I will say is good luck to both teams.

Cause Im right. If that makes you a legend then yes I am a legend.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Weis guys, are you saying this year's Ironton team has no talent? Sounds like it to me. Weren't you the guy that BEFORE the first football game last year put on here "Ten and O or the coach has to go?" How convenient of you. All you all were interested in last year was sabotaging the program and therefore the kids, no wonder these people from other schools go after you guys. Grown men, really. You better get back to those untalented kids at Ironton instead of running your mouth on here.

Laila Ali
Waterboy

Post by Laila Ali »

Hay, lc nice to see the Ironton basher is back. Talk about a Big Mouth! Aren't you on the clock? :lol: :lol:

1-2-3 lc KO'd again!

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

I agree superstar. I heaRD none of this 1-9 2-8 stuff prior to the season. In fact when Ironton beat up on the weaker teams in the league THEY all said that the Tigers were back and WE had better watch our. Well they are back to being lackluster just as I have said all along.

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

This one gets ugly real fast.IMO

Return to “Football”