SOC2 Minford (5-1) @ Portsmouth West (5-1)

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: SOC2 Minford (5-1) @ Portsmouth West (5-1)

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I think Roger Gray graduated from West. This isn't the first time he has done this when broadcasting their games.

Great win by the Falcons. They really impressed me the way they dominated on both sides of the ball. I hope both them and the Burg get in the playoffs and make some noise in region 19. I'd love to see the Falcons get a rematch with Oak Hill, the Burg play Coal Grove and both of them win and meet in round #2 at Jackson or Portsmouth.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I think Roger Gray graduated from West. This isn't the first time he has done this when broadcasting their games.

Great win by the Falcons. They really impressed me the way they dominated on both sides of the ball. I hope both them and the Burg get in the playoffs and make some noise in region 19. I'd love to see the Falcons get a rematch with Oak Hill, the Burg play Coal Grove and both of them win and meet in round #2 at Jackson or Portsmouth.

Sounds like a good way to finish all the talk!!!!

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

Now to eveyone that likes to compare Shank and Pendleton why don't you guys stop and look at the big picture. Everyone knows Burgs line is alot better than the West line. Now imagine them switching teams and Pendleton running behind that line or even Minfords line. The kid has 1160 yards on 107 carries this year 400 yards more than any other kid in the area.Yes he has more carries than anyone else but he also averages more yards per carry 10.8. Now look at the schedule Burg and West have played 4 of the same teams. Yes Minford held him in check but don't let one game fool you because stats don't lie.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

You know all this talk about who is the best back, what about Minfords ole #7. The way he run the ball last week, and the way he passed tonight, he might be the best back in SOC II, this year.

Go Falcons!!!

Mad_Donkeyy
Waterboy

Post by Mad_Donkeyy »

Nice win tonight by the Falcons!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Bushy Tail Butcher wrote:You know all this talk about who is the best back, what about Minfords ole #7. The way he run the ball last week, and the way he passed tonight, he might be the best back in SOC II, this yearGo Falcons!!!

He has really stepped it up the last 2 weeks as has the entire team. This has been a different team since the Oak Hill game.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Lets win with respect, and act like we've been here before. No sense in shoving crow in our doubters face..its self fed. LETS GO BIG RED!!!

Falconmom
Waterboy

Post by Falconmom »

Falcons played hard tonight, had a GREAT game and showed that we are in it to win. Good game to the Siders we will be cheering for you all in your games against Valley and Burg....Good job Falcons, job well done! :122245

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

There is no need to be compairing backs in this thread. All you guys that want to, keep it in another thread. All I have to say is man I never posted nothing on here about a score but in my mind I had West winning and I will eat the Crow!!

Man did Minford come to play or what. They looked good!!!! West has struggled in the passing defense department this year and did it show tonight. West line got ate up on both sides of the ball. As soon as one of our backs got the ball they was getting hit. Minford did what ever they please when they had the ball. I was really impressed with the Falcons. One thing I am proud of is that this group of Siders don't seem to be the average Siders when it comes to fighting the other team when your losing, I know we had a few late hit calls but at the end of the game we didn't show our self like we do most years.

For West they better come ready for another dog fight next week because if they don't show up Valley will give you everything you want.

Good Luck to Falcons on their quest in winning the SOC II Title! You guys deserve it after beating the Burg and dominating West like you did tonight!

Good Luck West the rest of the year, keep your heads up and finish the season strong!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:There is no need to be compairing backs in this thread. All you guys that want to, keep it in another thread. All I have to say is man I never posted nothing on here about a score but in my mind I had West winning and I will eat the Crow!!

Man did Minford come to play or what. They looked good!!!! West has struggled in the passing defense department this year and did it show tonight. West line got ate up on both sides of the ball. As soon as one of our backs got the ball they was getting hit. Minford did what ever they please when they had the ball. I was really impressed with the Falcons. One thing I am proud of is that this group of Siders don't seem to be the average Siders when it comes to fighting the other team when your losing, I know we had a few late hit calls but at the end of the game we didn't show our self like we do most years.

For West they better come ready for another dog fight next week because if they don't show up Valley will give you everything you want.

Good Luck to Falcons on their quest in winning the SOC II Title! You guys deserve it after beating the Burg and dominating West like you did tonight!

Good Luck West the rest of the year, keep your heads up and finish the season strong!

Classy post. Good luck to your Siders as well.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Thank you "Cameron Crazie" that was a fine post...and I too noticed that this years West team did not turn into the same 'ol West team of past and played clean and hard to the final whistle. I think that this is a credit to the coaching staff, and we wish you guys good luck and good health for the rest of the season.

minfordmamma
Riding the Bench

Post by minfordmamma »

CONGRATS TO THE FALCONS!

I was wondering, why did the West fans start leaving the stands at the beginnig of the 3rd quarter? Where was the support for your team? The boys out on the field needed you to cheer them on till the last second of the game.

Best of luck the rest of the season to West.

You played hard, but Minford was just to much tonight. FALCONS lets keep up the hard work, its paying off.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I was at this game, and Minford looked really good in all aspects of the game.

this is a good minford team,. Burg last wek,and now West....bet theres till some lights on in Minford right now :lol:

good luck to both teams.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

thx falcons.. just scoot them siders out of our way.... duh ding....

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

IRONFALCON wrote:Falcons come up big, again, I think it's time people stop drinking the haterade and give this team some credit they are a very good team. Sounded like west just didn't want any except for that one drive in the third quarter. Falcons control their own destiny for the SOC II Championship now. I had to listen to the game, unfortunately. I say unfortunately only because of a certain radio announcer I'm sure you all can guess who, everything from his pre game comment that the winner of this game would play valley next week (west plays valley next week) counting Minford out a half hour before kickoff. His most exciting time of the night was when west scored in the third, come on man, did someone from Minford do something to you in the past? Just because you get paid to do something doesn't mean your a professional, you are a better person than that. I know it's hard to follow a legend like snuffy, but a little effort goes a long way.

That announcer certainly shows favoritism and always has!

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Great win for the falcons just one step closer to that gold football. I think this might be the best defense minford has had in a long time, last week keeping burg to just 15 points and now keeping one of the best running backs in the area to just under 70 yards. Also, Aaron Oesch has really stepped up the past couple weeks, having a great game running against burg and a great game throwing against west tonight. Now enjoy the win and focus on next week.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

well, my brother called from columbus tonight and caught it on the web.. and said gray was horrible.. get snuffy back..and by the way great game MINFORD...

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

SSU Grad wrote:That's just for the 1st half New Era. Minford's soft defense will be lucky to keep him under 250.
I take it that "soft" defense just ended up getting lucky tonight i guess :12223

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Listened to the game on the radio, great job by the falcons on both sides of the ball!! WOW!! I didnt expect the dominance but WOW!! Coach Daniels is doing a great job and the Minford kids are playing lights out!! WOW!!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

NewEra wrote:
fanatic23 wrote:I think I'm ready for my prediction West 32-14. I think Pendleton is going to put on a show for the minford fans on both sides of the ball.I don't know if it can be done but anyone leading the area in tackles and rushing yards at the end of the season should be conSIDERed for offensive and defensive player of the year.

Pendleton will be lucky if he cracks 100. I look for another big game by Tyler Gaines.

So I think he finished with under 100? :?:
:-D

Return to “Football”