SOC2: West 6-0 @ Minford 5-1

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Westfan
SEOP

Re: SOC2: West 6-0 @ Minford 5-1

Post by Westfan »

hornet8088 wrote:the west fb is the #2 fb in the nation by rivals ranking. he is the 49th overall player in ohio counting all positions. that is huge he has to be a awsome athlete to get there. congrads are for sure due. good luck youngman
He can't be hornet? He didn't run for 500 yards last night. Even though he excelled with MVP's in some of the biggest camps in the nation and was evaluated by recruiting analysts who get paid to do that. And who by the way rated him in that position. The great football minds of minford and wheelersburg say no. So it can't be.

Not sure, maybe JEALOUSY factors in there somewhere :roll:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

My opinion is Shank is better. I have seen them both. I didnt take away from Pendleton, never said he didnt deserve his rankings. How many camps did Shank go to? I dont know either, but I have seen him on the field.

Minford people are not saying Pendleton isnt good. There is not a post on here saying that from the true Minford fans. Quite the opposite. They are not saying that Minford's backs are better. That rules out jealousy as bad as you hate that fact.

Any Minford fan saw both games will say that Pendleton is good, they will tell you Shank is good. Most, if not all, will take Shank over Pendleton based on what we saw between the two. If you dont like that, sorry to hurt your feelings.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

At what position a FB, in an I offense? Or Linebacker. Shankweiler is a Half back/ Slot reciever, so that's comparing apples to oranges, and not fair to either one of them.

I'd take Pendleton as FB in an I formation lead blocking for Shankweiler.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Vladimir wrote:At what position a FB, in an I offense? Or Linebacker. Shankweiler is a Half back/ Slot reciever, so that's comparing apples to oranges, and not fair to either one of them.

I'd take Pendleton as FB in an I formation lead blocking for Shankweiler.
I don't know, ask Bobby Petrino or Mark Dantonio. They've both had him in for visits.

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

Can a West Sider please explain the following link to me:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... ton-101211

Rivals only ranks a few fullbacks. Trevon is #2 WOW...whoopee. The position is barely even recognized by the website.
According to this site he has no national ranking.
He was only rated 3 out of 5 stars.
SO, a 3 star fullback is ranked #2 in the country.....so, what's this tell us my friends? I hope that none of the elite programs are looking for a 4 or 5 star fullback---there aren't any.
I cannot wait until West goes down. Everyone stay clear of the West side when they do---there will be fights EVERYWHERE! Maybe the Indians will take care of business this Friday?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

That's great for him and I hope he makes it. I was just expecting to see Jim Brown reincarnate, and maybe because he was injured I didn't see what I expected. Most colleges have a prototype as to Ht, weight 40-time and agility. You either fit the profile or you don't. If he's caught the attention of a few then that's half the battle, as they feel they can mold him into something they want him to be.

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Good luck to Trevon, it is always a privilege when a local youth gets some looks from some big time colleges. I hope his injury isnt significant.

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

Bear42 wrote:Can a West Sider please explain the following link to me:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... ton-101211

Rivals only ranks a few fullbacks. Trevon is #2 WOW...whoopee. The position is barely even recognized by the website.
According to this site he has no national ranking.
He was only rated 3 out of 5 stars.
SO, a 3 star fullback is ranked #2 in the country.....so, what's this tell us my friends? I hope that none of the elite programs are looking for a 4 or 5 star fullback---there aren't any.
I cannot wait until West goes down. Everyone stay clear of the West side when they do---there will be fights EVERYWHERE! Maybe the Indians will take care of business this Friday?

You my friend are one of the biggest idiots I have ever seen post. Your post transparently shows not only just how little you know about football, but just how the internet brings idiots together. Because in a normal social situation, if a person does not know anything about a topic, they do not speak of said subject in mixed company. However, because there is no crowd to simutanously laugh and jeer at you, you feel that you have some sort of immunity to speak on subjects you are not qualified to speak upon and in the process continue the dumbing down of our society... We are all dumber for having read your post.

#1 The star rankings are as followed. Only a select few players in the nation regardless of position are rated 5 stars.. same with 4 stars and 3 stars.. Its not as if every top RB or OT or LB is rated 5 stars. There may only be 30 five star players in the nation regardless of position. Rankings are not based on position but athlete. So, the top Qb in the country may be a 5 star but the second ranked QB at the position might be a 4 star if other players at different positions are considered more elite. Now.....

#2 Trevon Pendleton is rated a 3 star player. BTW, AJ Hawk, James Lauranitis, and Malcolm Jenkins were all 3 star players out of H.S. and all three were NFL first round draft picks.. also another player named Santinio Holmes was a 3 star also and he was a Super Bowl MVP.

#3 Trevon is ranked the #2 FB in the country. Do you know where the #1 FB in the country is accepting a schollie from??????? The University of Florida to play for Urban Meyer. Rivals only ranks 5 FB out of the entire country simply because the FB position has become archaic in todays college football with spread offenses. However, that does not reduce the importants of the FB position at schools like Stanford, Alabama, USC, ect. whom still run a pro-style offense and use a FB. In all actuality its event he more impressive that he is ranked in the top 5 out of all the FB's in the entire U.S. considering how many schools there are that play football and are much bigger schools.

#4 Being ranked as a top 50 player in one of the most talent rich states in the entire country is a big deal in itself.. Generally, Ohio is ranked as one of the top 5 states for H.S. football talent and produces per capita the most D-1 football recruits in the country. And Yes that includes schools like Glenville, St. Iggy's, Massilon, St. Eds and so forth.

#5 If this was 1980 when FB's were celebrated, Pendleton would be a high 4 star player and could name his school of choice. Its just reality that today's college football runs 4 and 5 wide and the use of a FB is no longer as important. However, that does not diminish how good a player he is for the positon that he plays.

I hope this keeps you from embarrassing yourself in mixed company and not opening up your mouth and spewing out trash speak. I feel like I just did an NBC "The More You Know" public service announcemnet for the mentally deficient.

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

There are (13) 5 Star Players in the entire Country.

Ohio State has (9) three star players in their current recruiting class. And they are currently ranked #7 by Rivals in recruiting rankings. They currently have 17 players commited.

So, do not just brush away a kid who is ranked as a 3 star prospect.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

#2 Trevon Pendleton is rated a 3 star player. BTW, AJ Hawk, James Lauranitis, and Malcolm Jenkins were all 3 star players out of H.S. and all three were NFL first round draft picks.. also another player named Santinio Holmes was a 3 star also and he was a Super Bowl MVP.

WOW!!! Now you are comparing him to these 4 players and you are calling others an idiot????

Yes, he is a very good running back, but comparing him to those players is just ludicrous.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I would be excited if he went to kent State or Akron! If he goes bigger, good for him and his family!!!!

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

WOW!!! Now you are comparing him to these 4 players and you are calling others an idiot????

Yes, he is a very good running back, but comparing him to those players is just ludicrous.

Who made a comparison??? the only comparison is that these players were also three star players do its stupid to overlook the contribution that can be made by a three star player. And, that part of recruiting is projecting players. Coaches make millions of dollars because... guess what, they are good at evaluation. I also find it amazing that out of everything I said, thats all you got out of it. I'm just sticking up for a kid, your downgrading of him really shows your ill character. Geesh... I feel sorry for you and wonder how sad your life must be to take the wind out of the sails of a 18 year kid.

Good luck with your assumed career of outsourcing American jobs or telling children that Santa isnt real. What a putz....

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I never once downgraded him. I said he was a really good running back, but you guys make him out to be the next best thing to buttered bread and I have seen much better running backs and athletes from our area that never made it big in college ball. I wish nothing but the best for him and hope he does go D1, but it takes a very special kind of athlete and person to make it and survive at a high profile D1 school.

And, Oh my God!!! Santa isn't real??? Then where do all those presents come from that are under the tree???

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Your all class BG77 :roll:

Talking down to a kid because he goes to a school you hate.

Always putting down the Westside. You know, the land of thugs and hicks.

PS. You being one to always microscrope West's attitude on and off the field, won't you find out what the good little boys of Wheelersburg middle school did to tear up Portsmouth's locker room after their game a couple weeks ago. Man, you would never think that would have happened there would you? How many kids were suspended for the West/Burg game last Week? But when a West High School player got ejected from a middle school game a few years back, the burg was sure to make sure he wasn't eligible to play that next friday.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

All this about Trevon is crazy ! West has a good player in this young man, and has a right to boast about it. We as Parents, should not be on here, trying to tear him down because he didn`t play to our level we thought he should. After all, He is just a teenager.

Return to “Football”