2020 Waverly 36 - 35 Wheelersburg

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Re: 2020 Waverly 36 - 35 Wheelersburg

Post by old benchwarmer »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:44 am
Tiger78 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:35 am I know points don't matter, but wowzza😳
Points will matter when they get an easy week 1 or 2 in playoffs, they need to go undefeated in regular season D4 teams are tough
Waverly's visit to the southeast region last year was short lived.....They are back in the southwest region again it appears.
Lots tougher over there.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

The ruler of So. Ohio football Clinton Massie is there. It's not Ironton, Waverly nor Wheelersburg, it's Massie. I'd love to see a Massie/ Ironton game to see them fine-tune themselves before heading to the state semi-finals. Now that the schedules are open, why not? How about a Massie/ Burg game?

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

old benchwarmer wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:45 am
SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:44 am
Tiger78 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:35 am I know points don't matter, but wowzza😳
Points will matter when they get an easy week 1 or 2 in playoffs, they need to go undefeated in regular season D4 teams are tough
Waverly's visit to the southeast region last year was short lived.....They are back in the southwest region again it appears.
Lots tougher over there.
Waverly definitely does not want Indian Hill, Wyoming or C-M in rd. 1

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Congrats to Waverly on the win. Heck of a game.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Taylormade
Freshman Team

Re: Week 4 Wheelersburg (3-0) at Waverly (3-0)

Post by Taylormade »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am
vladimir wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:42 pm I knew this wouldn't stay nice for very long..... Here we go, time to get out the popcorn n hot sauce.
Nah, it's just 1 person who's barely posted that's stirring. I don't see any fans from either side knocking either team after that game.
Barely posted under this name,I've been here not long after Matt created this site.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:08 am
vladimir wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:03 am I agree! The more competitive the league benefits well for everyone come playoff time.
Exactly! I dont want to just see 1 or 2 local teams head to the playoffs every year I wanna see 3-5
Definitely agree.

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Week 4 Wheelersburg (3-0) at Waverly (3-0)

Post by wobycat »

Taylormade wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:50 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am
vladimir wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:42 pm I knew this wouldn't stay nice for very long..... Here we go, time to get out the popcorn n hot sauce.
Nah, it's just 1 person who's barely posted that's stirring. I don't see any fans from either side knocking either team after that game.
Barely posted under this name,I've been here not long after Matt created this site.
Then come with some better stuff. Burg lost to a Awesome 4-0 Waverly team at their place on a two point conversion. Coming with burg doesn’t deserve their D5 number one ranking is bush league. Now if Waverly blew them out yes I could see the comment but why not have the notion that Waverly May have a great team and burg just about got them.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Clinton Massie hasn’t played yet but with the win over Wheelersburg I figured Waverly would catapult to #1.
The Harbin system won’t be used to decide who gets in but coaches can and should use it for seeding......

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

Great game but Burg's coaches took this one from the kids When you have a kicker like they do and you don't get the 3 before half that's coaches trying to be a hero. If I were the kicker for Burg I would be looking at another school where his talent would be appreciated. Only bright spot I saw for Burg was #2 other than that I didn't see much. Good thing for them they didn't have to play Ironton or Jackson this year. With what I saw out of that defense tonight those games would have been very ugly. Waverly was as advertised and looked very good.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I think both teams had missed opportunities. Burg should have capitalized one at least one of those goal line stands. And Waverly missed some pretty open passes that Shanks typically puts right on the money but just was a tad off and made for a difficult stretch for the WRs.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The Regulator wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:29 am Great game but Burg's coaches took this one from the kids When you have a kicker like they do and you don't get the 3 before half that's coaches trying to be a hero. If I were the kicker for Burg I would be looking at another school where his talent would be appreciated. Only bright spot I saw for Burg was #2 other than that I didn't see much. Good thing for them they didn't have to play Ironton or Jackson this year. With what I saw out of that defense tonight those games would have been very ugly. Waverly was as advertised and looked very good.
Lol. You say burg isn’t very good, but the coaches took it from them but they didn’t play a real team but Waverly was a advertised and looked good?

So what you’re saying is..

Waverly is very good but burg is not even though they should have won because the coaches screwed then but both of them would get killed by ironton and Jackson?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ive never heard so many people question maybe the best coaching staff in southeastern ohio so much on one topic

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

vladimir wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:05 am The ruler of So. Ohio football Clinton Massie is there. It's not Ironton, Waverly nor Wheelersburg, it's Massie. I'd love to see a Massie/ Ironton game to see them fine-tune themselves before heading to the state semi-finals. Now that the schedules are open, why not? How about a Massie/ Burg game?
I’ve always said I’d like to see them on the schedule

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MasterOfNone wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:31 am I think both teams had missed opportunities. Burg should have capitalized one at least one of those goal line stands. And Waverly missed some pretty open passes that Shanks typically puts right on the money but just was a tad off and made for a difficult stretch for the WRs.
I thought shanks was great last tonight. He did miss a couple of throws but it’s because burgs coverage was tight and that’s the window he had to throw in. He only put it where his receiver had a chance. His only mistake was the deep pick that he under threw. Other than that, all his throws were big time and need to be appreciated

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

The Regulator wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:29 am Great game but Burg's coaches took this one from the kids When you have a kicker like they do and you don't get the 3 before half that's coaches trying to be a hero. If I were the kicker for Burg I would be looking at another school where his talent would be appreciated. Only bright spot I saw for Burg was #2 other than that I didn't see much. Good thing for them they didn't have to play Ironton or Jackson this year. With what I saw out of that defense tonight those games would have been very ugly. Waverly was as advertised and looked very good.
I don't agree that burgs coaches took anything from the kids, this is one of the best coaching staffs in the area. Should they have kicked the field goal before half I think most can agree we would've, however if they score the TD no one is saying that. Even if they try the field there's no guarnteees and we'd have no idea how things would've turned out. As it stands great defensive stand by Waverly, once the coach makes the decision kids have to execute and Waverly simply made the play.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Same could be said for either team about missed opportunities.This game could of been a blowout and those same coaches kept them in it. Waverly was a couple of dropped passes and plays they routinely make from being up 21 instead of 7 throughout most of this game.We do not know everything surrounding their decisions.One thing the live broadcast picked up that I missed during the game was that lattimore seemed winded and tired after big gains. Especially on their drive to even the score at 28. We just expect him to perform and don’t take into account his fatigue. That’s the only reason I could and logically understand he didn’t have 300 yards. That kid is special. Wheelersburg is used to excellence and demands it. Last night that simply wasn’t enough. They faced a better team. Granville had better athletes but Wheelersburg has a better team/game plan/winning tradition. Be thankful for what we did watch. Your coach did a great job and you should be proud.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:39 am Ive never heard so many people question maybe the best coaching staff in southeastern ohio so much on one topic
Happens all the time. Some griping about the field goal. We don’t know what the kids said to the coaches. Maybe they told them they could get it. They were two yards out and inches from scoring. It wasn’t their night.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:44 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:39 am Ive never heard so many people question maybe the best coaching staff in southeastern ohio so much on one topic
Happens all the time. Some griping about the field goal. We don’t know what the kids said to the coaches. Maybe they told them they could get it. They were two yards out and inches from scoring. It wasn’t their night.
Thats what im thinking im gonna let the coaches do what they're paid for, not sure what they talked about but im sure they thought they would score

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:42 am
I don't agree that burgs coaches took anything from the kids, this is one of the best coaching staffs in the area. Should they have kicked the field goal before half I think most can agree we would've, however if they score the TD no one is saying that. Even if they try the field there's no guarnteees and we'd have no idea how things would've turned out. As it stands great defensive stand by Waverly, once the coach makes the decision kids have to execute and Waverly simply made the play.
Completely agree. Wheelersburg did convert on another 4th and goal but that’s not being questioned. Or the other one. That’s 8 points of difference as well. So Wheelersburg would of been down 5 at the end of the 4th ... maybe kick the field goal on that halfback pass as well.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

LetsBeReal wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:48 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:42 am
Completely agree. Wheelersburg did convert on another 4th and goal but that’s not being questioned. Or the other one. That’s 8 points of difference as well. So Wheelersburg would of been down 5 at the end of the 4th ... maybe kick the field goal on that halfback pass as well.
There was a time too when burg had a seam route wide open and burgs QB threw it on his outside shoulder. Then the QB sneak that Waverly stopped. There were opportunities for both teams to control the game and it didn’t happened. In the end, Waverlys gamble paid off, burgs didn’t.

Return to “Football”