Has anything been done at River Valley?

91blue14
SE

Re: Has anything been done at River Valley?

Post by 91blue14 »

carter was a good coach football and baseball if he wasnt he wouldnt have lasted 40 games. wouldnt coach baseball from my own opinion because of senior trip during the end of the season going into sectionals. 1996 is a happy time for rvhs enjoy it for as long as you want. ;-)

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

DONT KNOW HOW TRUE BUT HEARD A BEAVER WILL BE ON THE SIDELINES AND WELCOME BACK TO GALLIA COUNTY :mrgreen:

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Boy, this topic has died...

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

That might change tonight when they hire the new head football coach at River Valley. Then it might get interesting but then again maybe not. Good Luck to who ever the new football coach is. I have an idea of who it will be but sometimes it is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Good Luck to all the candidates and Good Luck Raiders!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

the guy i mentioned was an assitant position :arrow:

anthony69
Waterboy

Post by anthony69 »

I have read a few posts on here, and have talked with some about this topic. I think the board will make the right choice tonight, and give it to a well deserving coach, that has put his time in and now deserves the chance to build a program at RV. I think everyone knows it comes down to heart, and how much time you would put in to a program, and being a Varsity Coach myself. I know the time it takes in a program it is year round. If they hire the person I am talking about, I know he will dedicate all of his energy in getting the most out of every player he has.....Good luck to him.....

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

I just pray that MCClellan isn't the next coach at RV.

He was a first-year assistant when I played football at RV, and we called him "General". I remember him asking us why we called him "General" and we said after General George MCClellan. Then he said "Who is George MCClellan? He was clueless then and I would be inclined to say he is just as clueless now.

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

I hope its not Polcyn he couldn't coach a special olympic team, They fire him at SG why would anyone want that idiot.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

We should all take up for our brothers, huh?

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Post by jiveturkey »

?
Last edited by jiveturkey on Mon May 19, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I resigned from SG, rat.

Of course, the resignation came after repeated differences of opinion between myself and coach Burleson, but this was no secret to anybody. Coach Burleson and I approach the game differently. He never said it had anything to do with my knowledge of the game, though.

Back in November, when he sent my brother to me with the message that I needed to, “schedule an appointment with (him),” I figured that he no longer wanted me there. Fair enough.

As I said to him, "Your program, your call."

So I resigned.

I guess that everybody is entitled to an opinion, however. I also believe that it takes more guts and conviction to tell somebody that you disagree with them than to just play along, especially when you care about the project at hand.

As you wrote
I hope its not Polcyn he couldn't coach a special olympic team, They fire him at SG why would anyone want that idiot.

Have been called a jerk and an a-hole, but never an idiot. Wow. something new everyday.

Are you saying that Special Olympics athletes don't deserve good coaching? That would be really ironic if were written by a special education teacher, wouldn't it?

If you would choose to publicly bad-mouth me, please avoid making grammar errors that you would try to keep your kids in class from making in their intervention classes.

1. it’s, not "its"
2. the run-on sentence between “Polcyn” and “he”
3. the comma splice between “team, They”
4. The run-on between “SG why”
5. and it probably should be a question mark after “idiot,” not a period, Mr. rat

As we English teachers say to our students, people form opinions of you based on how well you write. Please keep that in mind.

Thank you,

Dan Polcyn

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

I think that we will find out tonight. Good, bad or indifferent, we need to get behind the players and the coach by default whether we like him or not. It would be a shame if our actions led to a mass egress of potential players that resulted in further damage to the program.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

coach by default doesnt sound very positive. maybe i read into it too much.

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

What I meant was that if you are going to support the players, you must support the coach by default whether you like him or not. Sorry for not being clear.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

cool 8)

this waiting is killing me please annnounce a coach :!:

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Any news from the Board Meeting tonight yet?

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Well boys it looks like McClelland got the job. Here comes another 0-40!

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

I think you will eat those words booger. I'm glad he got it.

I don't understand why the board didn't make the hire 4-5 months ago. Well actually, nothing really suprises me anymore around here.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Congrats and good luck.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

I wish Polcyn would of got his shot. He was a big reason for the success at SG. IDIOT, I guess you have never talked to him. He is far far from an idiot. Like he said, it was a difference in coaching styles. I dont always agree with my Head Coach and we always seem to sweep it under the rug. He would be a great coach.......a very big mistake by RV....

Return to “Football”