WK 8 (7-0) West @ (6-1) Minford (Co-Game of Week)

westsiders
Waterboy

Re: WK 8 (7-0) West @ (6-1) Minford (Co-Game of Week)

Post by westsiders »

awesome game last night my cousin dale swords got really man when he scored that touchdown and a flag went down. but we won 6-28! next up valley

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

what a game, I have to say "just like all of our previous games", another blow out, WEST totally dominated this game, when minford looked like they were trying to get something going WEST's D would rise to the occasion and take over. Yeah, I know minford had turnovers but WEST had their fair share of mistakes also. The difference was WEST took advantage of the minford turnovers and minford could not.
Good game WEST, see you next week at the ROCK, stay focused and work hard for the valley game and the SOC will be yours to win in week 10

kantoor
Waterboy

Post by kantoor »

Minford should have gave the ball to #23 more, he touched the ball 2 times, and one went for 30+ yards.. #7 missed open recievers on several occasions..and minfords defense did not play good at all, but still a great game by west, you guys have a great team.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Great game by West. I would like to see them when they play Wheelersburg, but I`ll be @ Valley watching the Falcons .
Keep your heads high Falcons, Let`s regroup ,and refocus. We just need to go back to what we were doing in the first of the season. Joel, Aaron (52), and Crabby need to set this week out and recovery fully before playing week 10. We will recover. :evil:

moty
Riding the Bench

Post by moty »

Great game West, work hard this week and get ready for Valley!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Andy wrote:
fanatic23 wrote:
FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:You won a huge game and maybe a little credibility. Why dowgg the ref's? Enjoy the win and the success you are having.

Congrats on the your win.

I'm sure the Burg game will be a big one for you.

why not they tried to keep minford in the game which is totally not right but in the end still wasn't enough help west way to strong

I was in the press box running the mix on our http://www.nextvsports.com video that will be up tomorrow. A lot of those ref's calls were accurate as we watched the replays. There were legit holding calls against West. However, we watched the interception video many times in slow mo.. even showing several coaches in the booth as they wanted to see it and it clearly shows the ball hitting the ground so Minford did catch a break there right before the half. Other than that call, the refs did ok.

I can not agree with you at all the ref's wanted to be the show. They totally lost perspective of what was going on during the game. For example when they had to measure for a first down call for West and the ref laid down on the field to make the call. He wanted to be bigger than the game.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Minfords one weak spot was shown last night... SENIOR leadership. or lack thereof.

These West Side boys are the real deal, I knew they were talented and could beat Minford but I didnt know they would dominate like this. RedStormRising, the coaches can only do some much, some responsibilties fall on the kids. Do you honestly think the coaches teach arm tackling, not attacking the blockers on the sweep, no back side pursuit or tackling to high? Minford needs to refocus and regroup put this week behind them. We may drop out of the rankings this week playing Northwest, but dont forget about them looking forward the that group of feisty Ingins waiting 5 miles away. Again congrats to West on the victory and good luck the rest of the way and injury free two weeks.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

and the playoffs.

Tremonti1
Riding the Bench

Post by Tremonti1 »

RedStormRising wrote:
demaniac1 wrote:Yeah, Swords punting and only ten yards deep, that was suprising. Booth should have called time out.

The first time i think it was more like 6-7 yards at the most. yep the coaches blew that one.

WRONG

Coaches did yell "Watch for the fake" from the sideline. And i do believe Oesch intercepted the ball the following play. :122249

BTW, how would you know if the coaches in the booth didn't signal it down? Unless your a coach you wouldn't know now would ya.

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

Sorry fellas but that games been over for a week now!!lol... :lol:

Return to “Football”