D5 R19 - #4 Minford vs. #1 Oak Hill at Jackson

Who wins this battle?

Total votes: 0

seasick80
All State

Re: D5 R19 - #4 Minford vs. #1 Oak Hill at Jackson

Post by seasick80 »

Browns78 wrote:
Red_Dog wrote:First, Oak Hill made excuses about "Oh, we didn't have our two best players." Now, NY is making the same excuse. Excuses don't get you anywhere fellas. The game doesn't revolve around 2 or 3 players, you have 11 on the field for a reason.

This game should be a dandy. My Falcons will be looking to show everyone that the 1st time wasn't a fluke, while Oak Hill wants revenge. Even though everyone outside of Minford says that Oak Hill is better, I'm not so sure that I agree. Minford's personnel has changed up front and I think it's for the better. Minford needs to take the game to the Oaks like last time and dominate in the trenches.

Minford by 7
Your an idiot! Yes it does revolve around 2 or 3 players that is the team leaders! When you take a player like Jesse Slone and Joey maynard from a division V team, it makes a huge difference. They can not be replaced on the team, I dont care what anyone says. Players like these guys dont come along very often. I have said this once and I will say it again! You take a person Like Peyton Manning away from the Colts they become a worse team and the lines for the week show that. Same thing goes here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What does Slone do to make that Oline better? Just asking. He is definitely a game breaker. Just dont understand if he was out and Hale and the Oline are so good, what does Slone do to make the offense better? Does he scramble around like Yates for Valley? Speedy guy that can run up the gut when no receivers are open? Does he hand the ball off differently to Hale so Hale gets alot of yards? What did Ridgewood do last year to beat the Oaks? Whats the meaning of LIFE?

Browns78
Waterboy

Post by Browns78 »

demaniac1 wrote:
Browns78 wrote:
Red_Dog wrote:First, Oak Hill made excuses about "Oh, we didn't have our two best players." Now, NY is making the same excuse. Excuses don't get you anywhere fellas. The game doesn't revolve around 2 or 3 players, you have 11 on the field for a reason.

This game should be a dandy. My Falcons will be looking to show everyone that the 1st time wasn't a fluke, while Oak Hill wants revenge. Even though everyone outside of Minford says that Oak Hill is better, I'm not so sure that I agree. Minford's personnel has changed up front and I think it's for the better. Minford needs to take the game to the Oaks like last time and dominate in the trenches.

Minford by 7
Your an idiot! Yes it does revolve around 2 or 3 players that is the team leaders! When you take a player like Jesse Slone and Joey maynard from a division V team, it makes a huge difference. They can not be replaced on the team, I dont care what anyone says. Players like these guys dont come along very often. I have said this once and I will say it again! You take a person Like Peyton Manning away from the Colts they become a worse team and the lines for the week show that. Same thing goes here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What does Slone do to make that Oline better? Just asking. He is definitely a game breaker. Just dont understand if he was out and Hale and the Oline are so good, what does Slone do to make the offense better? Does he scramble around like Yates for Valley? Speedy guy that can run up the gut when no receivers are open? Does he hand the ball off differently to Hale so Hale gets alot of yards? What did Ridgewood do last year to beat the Oaks? Whats the meaning of LIFE?
Come Sat. night and you will see the difference. Then I am going to get on here an make an example out of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

^U sound like a jerk. If an Oline is so good that Hale gets 1500 yds then the QB isnt a factor. Minford beat OH on the line that night and Hale didnt get his 300 yards. And the Oaks didnt even score! Slone must not be a difference maker against the Falcons. LOL

Browns78
Waterboy

Post by Browns78 »

demaniac1 wrote:^U sound like a jerk. If an Oline is so good that Hale gets 1500 yds then the QB isnt a factor. Minford beat OH on the line that night and Hale didnt get his 300 yards. And the Oaks didnt even score! Slone must not be a difference maker against the Falcons. LOL
Like I said Sat. Night I will make an example out of you. Goodluck your going to need it!

Deathcluth2010
Freshman Team

Post by Deathcluth2010 »

demaniac1 wrote:^U sound like a jerk. If an Oline is so good that Hale gets 1500 yds then the QB isnt a factor. Minford beat OH on the line that night and Hale didnt get his 300 yards. And the Oaks didnt even score! Slone must not be a difference maker against the Falcons. LOL
This right here is the mist retarded comment yet...slone makes a huge difference as will Joey...hale will get more yards and I'm guessing 3 touchdowns this time around....we will see sat...minford will be looking for the run just whn slone burns them with a deep pass lol

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Browns78 wrote:
Like I said Sat. Night I will make an example out of you. Goodluck your going to need it!
I dont have a fight in this game. U guys sound desperate!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Deathcluth2010 wrote:
This right here is the mist retarded comment yet...slone makes a huge difference as will Joey...hale will get more yards and I'm guessing 3 touchdowns this time around....we will see sat...minford will be looking for the run just whn slone burns them with a deep pass lol
Does he throw a deep pass? How does he do it? Play action? I havent heard of Slones deep passing yards. Is he the top of the class here in SOC? U tell me.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I havent heard that slone gets alot of passing yards other than the quick outs.

Deathcluth2010
Freshman Team

Post by Deathcluth2010 »

demaniac1 wrote:I havent heard that slone gets alot of passing yards other than the quick outs.
Since u guys have so much time on ur hands watch the game films...he threw 2 deep passes to me my senior year for touchdowns and I do believe he's had over 5 this season

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Deathcluth2010 wrote:
demaniac1 wrote:I havent heard that slone gets alot of passing yards other than the quick outs.
Since u guys have so much time on ur hands watch the game films...he threw 2 deep passes to me my senior year for touchdowns and I do believe he's had over 5 this season
Thats what I want to hear! I dont have any films to watch, and OH has done so good last 2 yrs. Can they do that against the falcons game 2? Why did slone get that opportunity to hit u deep?

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

LOL, im not a scout!!

Browns78
Waterboy

Post by Browns78 »

demaniac1 wrote:LOL, im not a scout!!
LOL, you dont want me to tell you what you are!

Deathcluth2010
Freshman Team

Post by Deathcluth2010 »

My score for this game oak hill 28-14

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Browns78 wrote:
Red_Dog wrote: Your an idiot! Yes it does revolve around 2 or 3 players that is the team leaders! When you take a player like Jesse Slone and Joey maynard from a division V team, it makes a huge difference. They can not be replaced on the team, I dont care what anyone says. Players like these guys dont come along very often. I have said this once and I will say it again! You take a person Like Peyton Manning away from the Colts they become a worse team and the lines for the week show that. Same thing goes here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DE maniac: You're correct they are sounding desperate as now they're comparing their Qb to a Super Bowl MVP. Lol! And, he calls you an idiot... :lol: Sound like to me someone is roid ragin', eh there 78?!?!

Watch the first game, the QB was running for his life, and he's more mobile than the Sr. If the QB doesn't have time to set his feet, he's not going to get off a good pass. If the O-line doesn’t make a difference, what's the sense of having an O-line to block for you?

Red_Dog
Freshman Team

Post by Red_Dog »

Browns78 wrote:

Minford by 7
I'm an idiot? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't care how good everyone says Slone and Maynard are, it's up to the backups to fill their shoes if they get hurt. If the line from Oak Hill gets dominated again like last time, Slone and Maynard will be a non-factor in the game. And it doesn't matter if they are team leaders, they can still lead from the sideline.

And about the Peyton Manning thing, he plays in the NFL. Everyone in that league is extremely talented (well, for the most part), and while the starter is better most of the time, it is up to the backup to fill his shoes in case of an injury. And why are we comparing Slone to the nation's best QB? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh by the way, if you honestly think that Oak Hill is going to stomp Minford's guts out, you are sadly mistaken, as Minford is much better than they were the last time these two teams met.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

All I know is that the "I told you so's" after the game are going to be very annoying no matter who wins.

Browns78
Waterboy

Post by Browns78 »

MightyOaksFan wrote:All I know is that the "I told you so's" after the game are going to be very annoying no matter who wins.
Thats what Im sayin, Because as soon as the game is over I am going to start a new post that says "TOLD YOU SO AND YOU WOULD NOT LISTEN"!! LOL

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

Some people were PMing me about Jesses career numbers. Here ya go:
6,878 yards passing in career = 17th all time in the state of OH
71 Touchdown passes = 13th all time in the state of OH
30 touchdown passes in 1 season= 45th all time in state of OH

Needs 145 yards to take the 16th spot in passing yards in his carrer and he will pass Todd Boeckman, former Ohio State Buckeye QB, and 149 yards to take the 15th spot.

Wanted to put that up for the PMers asking his numbers. I think these numbers are great, especially when we have the running game with Mr. Hale as well! I know I am a very proud sister! Back to the OH vs Minford talk now.

GO OAKS GO!!!
Sloan is a really good QB. Those are some impressive numbers but it really made me think about how good and unreal Ben Mauk's stats were in High School when he played at Kenton. Be ha more TD passes in one year (76) than Sloan does for his career (71)

Oaks76
Waterboy

Post by Oaks76 »

I just don't think some of the fans get it. The last time these 2 teams played, Minford for the most part played with 9 or 10 guys within 4 or 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. Which was excellent coaching strategy considering the circumstances. They should have had a great pass rush, and a good run defense, which they did. However if they play that same type of defense this week, they will be changing up very quickly. Do that against the Oaks this week and the Falcons get burned with the long ball. Play against the pass , and the run game opens up. I do think Minford has a solid football team, and very quick, just not enough to handle Oak Hill. Oaks 35- Minford 21.

Browns78
Waterboy

Post by Browns78 »

mercerville monster wrote:
Some people were PMing me about Jesses career numbers. Here ya go:
6,878 yards passing in career = 17th all time in the state of OH
71 Touchdown passes = 13th all time in the state of OH
30 touchdown passes in 1 season= 45th all time in state of OH

Needs 145 yards to take the 16th spot in passing yards in his carrer and he will pass Todd Boeckman, former Ohio State Buckeye QB, and 149 yards to take the 15th spot.

Wanted to put that up for the PMers asking his numbers. I think these numbers are great, especially when we have the running game with Mr. Hale as well! I know I am a very proud sister! Back to the OH vs Minford talk now.

GO OAKS GO!!!
Sloan is a really good QB. Those are some impressive numbers but it really made me think about how good and unreal Ben Mauk's stats were in High School when he played at Kenton. Be ha more TD passes in one year (76) than Sloan does for his career (71)
Yes, that guys stats are crazy. I think that he must have had some super fast recievers that could blow by everyone. There is no way that record will ever be broken

Return to “Football”