Regional Final D4 R15: #1 Ironton vs. #3 Hartley at Logan

itown keg 77
Riding the Bench

Re: Regional Final D4 R15: #1 Ironton vs. #3 Hartley at Loga

Post by itown keg 77 »

Great year tigers,hard to beat a team 2 times in a season.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

a couple of costly turnovers--

Congrat to Ironton on a great season

Lets get the round ball going

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:The refs have been bad all year, maybe the worse I have seen in all of my time watching high school football.
I think the thing to do is get your football officiating license next year. I bet you would advance officiating 10 years just by your mere presents and football expertise.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

footballfan wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:Is this coach a moron? In one article he say the T-Formation confused him and now he says he knows whats coming. Come on dude make up your mind. Then blaming the trip down to the Tank. So if by some odd chance we lose we got a built in excuse straight from this coach. Thanks coach.
alma_parker wrote:It's almost always a bad idea to give the opposing coach something to hang up in the locker room. Giving Coach Lutz "this was our easiest game to scout" is particularly bad strategy, given it will likely cause the Tigers to double down on intensity.

This shows that Coach Burchfield is foolish even more vividly than mentioning that he wasn't familiar with a T formation shows that he's inexperienced.
I can tell you both that this coach is not a moron nor inexperienced. He is the same coach that was DV coach of the year that visited the Burg and beat them in the first round while at Centerburg...he took that team to the state semi-round after beating the great Valley team for the regional championship. Newspaper quotes are just that...newspaper quotes...everyone knows that they get twisted. And yes, EVERYONE knows what Ironton is going to do...they are an easy scout. Why is it that Lutz is not the moron for his statements after the first game this year??? as printed by Ironton's own Jim Walker. This is Burchfield's #2 try at a regional championship is just 5 total years as a head coach at two different schools...not too shabby if you ask me.

Not too bad for an inexperienced, moron.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

We did all we needed to do to win this game! The fumbles, lack of defense in second half, & the refs flagrant calls against IHS to add points to BH total, ripped apart a very well coached scheme for this game!
Congrats to bishop Hartley, & great season IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS!!
ALWAYS TIGER PRIDE DEEP INSIDE!!!

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Hartley was inside the 15 like 4 times and come away with 6 points....Tigers scored on a 85 yard run....Hartley offensive line DOMINATED this game.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

Turnovers are always a key ... Good year for Ironton .....

bad breath
Riding the Bench

Post by bad breath »

Great year Ironton. See ya next year.

For those of you that think the officials can do no wrong ...get a clue. 12 of us complained to the OHSAA about the Alder vs Alter game 2 weeks ago. Those officials for that game should be ashamed. They were horrible. Some individuals are not cut out to be referees and the balless OHSAA is to blame for even letting them on the field.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

Blaming it on the officials.... I was rooting for Ironton... but I have had enough of the officials crap........

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Now we get to hear the "sportsmen" whine away !! Someone got beat IN A WEAK Region. By a weak team. Period. Very appropriate losing IN LOGAN.

Be thankful the embarrassment coming next week from Alter wasn't you.

svcbaseballfan
Freshman Team

Post by svcbaseballfan »

I came to this game rooting for ironton just because they are from se ohio. by the end of the night, i was rooting for hartley. if i heard one more person blame everything on the officials i was going to go off. these officials could have cared less who won this game. in my opinion, this game was decided on the offensive line, i had read all week that hartley did not want hit the first time around, tonight it was just the opposite. i thought the overall team speed of hartley was just too much for ironton. good luck next week to hartley.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FIGHTING TIGERS , ON ANOTHER AMAZING SEASON. IT'S BEEN AN AWESOME RIDE. WE RAN INTO A BUZZSAW TONIGHT. IT WAS A TIGHT GAME ALL NIGHT. JUST COULDN'T STOP THE RUN TONIGHT. BISHOP HARTLEY JUST WANTED THIS ONE MORE. FANTASTIC EFFORT BY BOTH TEAMS. IT'S BEEN AWESOME, GOOD LUCK TO HARTLEY AS YOU ADVANCE TO THE SEMI FINALS AGAINST KETTERING ALTER.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

A neutral observer told me that the unsportsman like was a dumb play by an Ironton kid against the Hartley TE....he was dumbfounded since it would have set up a hartley punt deep in their own territory.

ballrmom
Freshman Team

Post by ballrmom »

Paladin_II wrote:Now we get to hear the "sportsmen" whine away !! Someone got beat IN A WEAK Region. By a weak team. Period. Very appropriate losing IN LOGAN.

How did logan finish!....Hummmmmmmmmmmm(LOL)

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congrats to Columbus Bishop Hartley on the win and good luck next week against Kettering Archbishop Alter.

To the Tigers.......You guys played with HEART and DETERMINATION all Season long and there's nothing to hang your heads about, this Fighting Tiger fan is proud of ALL of you for the time and effort you guys gave all Season. To all of the Seniors, it's been a privalege watching you guys play the last 4 years, what a tremendous class of Athletes, good luck with whatever you do in life after High School.

GO TIGERS............

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

Paladin_II wrote:Now we get to hear the "sportsmen" whine away !! Someone got beat IN A WEAK Region. By a weak team. Period. Very appropriate losing IN LOGAN.

I dont think you will see any of the men in Ironton whining, so why dont you keep your smart-a$$ comments to yourself........it is not the first time Ironton has lost and it wont be the last......the men that were on the field tonite played their best, and they lost to a better team, no excuses and no whining, they got beat. And the comment about losing in Logan doesnt really apply as the men from Ironton, better known as the Fighting Tigers own Logan........and the record for now says it and it will remain the same regardless of what some idiot like you think.....

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

And YOU coached in HOW MANY regional championship games? Get a clue!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I watched the Amanda-Hartley playoff game. Key is simply a fantastic talent, and Hartley has a nice team. No shame going down to them. Congrats to Ironton on a good season.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

awww Ironton lost, must have been that unfair site selection that did it,darn that OHSAA!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

3 things killed Ironton tonight: 1. 2 turnovers you turn the ball over in a playoff game you will lose. 2. Lack of physicality on the D-Line. I said it in my posts earlier in the week the more physical team will win. and 3.BS excessive celebration penalty and to top it off it wasnt a personal foul it was an unsportsmanlike. So that ref was saying that kid celebrated so much that it went above and beyond the game. You get UNC's for fighting, spitting, vile taunting, and other such acts. So unless the kid was dropping the f-bomb as he jumped for joy that was a total BS call and anybody watching the game knows it was the turning point of the game. Its the playoffs let the kids decide the game.

Return to “Football”