Week 8: Minford (7-0, 2-0) @ Wheelersburg (6-1, 2-0)

Stu Pedasso
Waterboy

Re: Week 8: Minford (7-0, 2-0) @ Wheelersburg (6-1, 2-0)

Post by Stu Pedasso »

Minford was beaten by a better team , Friday night, we were smothered by a very stingy defense. and as the game progressed our defense wore down. As far as our offense, it is the horse that has gotten us to 7-0, every team we have played has stacked the box, 9-10 players 5 yds off the ball, so as far as passing, let me quote a train of thought 3 things happen when you pass the ball, two of them are bad. Minford played a hard fought , heartful game,
. The coaches have to play with what they have got and use the tools at hand within the abilities the athlete,it is not college or professional where you have a large selection of talent

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Excellent post

A-Bomb
Riding the Bench

Post by A-Bomb »

2013FALCON wrote:Minford was not beaten by a better Burg team. We beat ourselves. When your QB fumbles the ball 6 times, yes 6 times, you cannot get any offense going. Minford has the tallest receiver in the SOC, Farrar who is 6'5", has an excellent vertical jump and not to mention his wing span. This boy can jump and catch a ball as we have seen him do many times, but Stapleton either soared it over his head or couldn't get it to him. When we have a tight end open down field and he decides to throw to a player who is covered by 3 defenders which gets intercepted. He couldn't get it into our running backs hands to gain any yards. He would rather run the ball himself than throw even a short pass to someone who is open. Stapleton cannot handle high pressure games. I think its time we put the veteran QB back at the helm. We have 2 crucial games remaining and playoffs to look too.
Would u shut the hell up.... Not stapletons best game by any means but is it totally his fault? No!!! U win as a team and lose as a team and I think if pretty low for singling out one kid on a freaking website... Minford is 7-1 and are on great position for a playoff berth.. The Burg loss is not the end of the world.. And u need to take a look in the mirror and do some sole searching bc u r absolutely a pathetic person singling out one kid when they all did not have their best game

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Minford is a good team and their fans should be very proud of their record. Getting down on them after one loss is nuts. Theircoaching staff is doing a good job with good, not great, talent. They will end up 8-2, and that is a good year.

I do agree though, to beat teams with even or better talent their offense has to change from just the wing T. If a defense has a descent defensive line, it is the easiest offense out there to stop.

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Endzone_Warrior wrote:Yeah they can pretty much do what they want (besides grabbing the facemask and the ball in not in the air) within 5 yards.
The 5 yards is an NFL rule, not high school. The defender can block a receiver legally but once it is obvious (up to referee's discretion/opinion) that the offensive player is not a blocker, the receiver cannot be blocked.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

XandOs wrote:
Endzone_Warrior wrote:Yeah they can pretty much do what they want (besides grabbing the facemask and the ball in not in the air) within 5 yards.
The 5 yards is an NFL rule, not high school. The defender can block a receiver legally but once it is obvious (up to referee's discretion/opinion) that the offensive player is not a blocker, the receiver cannot be blocked.

That is what I thought also but I can't remember how many times the Minford defender threw Dylan Miller to the ground 5-10 yards off the ball and not one time was it called.

Burg coaches finally got wise to it and put him in motion and he was pretty much open all night.

I love the Minford posters on here saying that the better team did not win. THis game should have been worse on the scoreboard then it was.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

anyone seen film of the two calls that cost Burg TD's in the 1st Q ? did they blow them both as it appeared live ?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I think the one that the Minford QB was trying to pick up on the 2 yard line and then knocked into the endzone where Burg recovered, they for sure screwed up. He never really regained possesion of the ball after the snap over his head.

The Cowgill fumble, from where I was sitting in the stands was hard to tell. I talked to people that was on the hill and they said that he was 2-3 yards deep before he fumbled. Could have been a bad angle for them as well

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

there were bad calls that went both ways. minford people can easily say that the first half TD with less than a minute to go in the first half was sprung by a terrible pass interference call against minford when the DB was only running down the field with the receiver and never interfered with the pass route or receiver. burg held on the end all night. some they called, some they didnt. teams cant turn it over deep into their own territory and expect to win against any good team.

the better team won. stop crying. good lord act like youve been here before Yabba.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

and the fumble wasnt 2-3 yds deep in the end zone. he never got in before losing possession of it. was right in front of where i was at. good call by the officials.

eagles 89
Waterboy

Post by eagles 89 »

I thought my falcons would win this game, but was afraid turnovers might be possible. I will give credit to the burg, their defense is better than I thought. As for the offense, they certainly had to work for their yards as the falcons took away the big play.....especially early. I said going in that it would be a game if they ball controlled.....I thought we could move the ball more and keep the pirates off the field. I thought the defense that you saw early from the falcons was the defense needed to slow down the passing game. I was surprised both teams were that sloppy and disappointed in the conduct of players from both squads.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Bounce wrote:@ Redman an 2013Falcon the falcons are 7/1 and the first loss to a very good team an now you want to hang your QB. 2013Falcon your right you should go down there to practice during film an point out all the QB mistakes an let the team know he lost the game, he cant handle the pressure. I think I seen him giving the Burg the playbook at half. Get real Redman an 2013Falcon
Stape played fine, can't put this loss on him. The int's that I saw were dropped by the wide outs. It is also difficult when you only pass on passing downs for the most part. I do not think our line blocks well enough for us to try play action as much as we do either. We did have 2 backs in a shotgun set a few times, which was a good, but I feel we could utilize that more. Would like to see more screens to the skill guys on the edge too, get Justice, Clark, Berry, etc the ball in space.

Return to “Football”