THE NEW LOOK OF THE NEW OVC 2015

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: THE NEW LOOK OF THE NEW OVC 2015

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

when does the tribune send out the football previews , I'd love to have one. maybe have my sister save one for me.

hammer911335
Freshman Team

Post by hammer911335 »

Tiger, it is scheduled to come out on August 27.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thank you man.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Hey a big shout out to whomever sent me the 2 schedules of local colleges, And high schools. I got both of em. And God bless you. My trouble is ole bait had deleted all his ole messages the other day. And can't think for the life of me who sent em. But thank you so very much. Please send me a pm so I remember who sent them to me. But that was exactly what I was needing.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thank you matt52 for the schedules. that's awesome.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

GoBucks1047 wrote:
GoBucks1047 wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:do any of you blue devil fans out there have a schedule for next year yet, as you enter the ovc as well. any openings or are ya'll full up.glad to be back into action with the devils in the French city again.good luck to you in your final year in the seoal. hard to believe I just said that. I was spoiled by the seoal of the 70's I guess.
I know from looking at another topic, they need a Week 2 game and are trying to get newly County rival and former OVC member River Valley, who is trying to get out of a Week 2 game with Southeastern.
This is what I found from Eaglefan on another topic:

Gallia Academy 2015
08/28 A Meigs
09/04 N Open
09/11 A Washington CH
09/18 H Marietta
09/25 H Point Pleasant
10/02 H Athens
10/09 A Minford
10/16 H Vincent Warren
10/23 H Logan
10/30 A Jackson
They now play River Valley in Week 2, on a Saturday night at RV.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

awesome. ironton got their open filled in too. with a ky. powerhouse program beechwood, ky. we have some unfinished business with them cats.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

when do the organized practices start.
is that going on now.

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

Practice starts Aug 1. CG is starting at 12:01 AM under the lights. Midnight Madness football style!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's cool.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

i believe rock hill ironton is at the tank.....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I saw where that had been changed somewhere as well.the schedule matt52 sent me has ironton/rock hill @ the tank.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it shows 6 home 4 away.
it says burg, Russell, beechwood,portsmouth,fairland,rock hill home----------with road trips to Ashland, coal grove,chesapeake n south point.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

here's what the schedule says
wheelersburg ---home
Russell, ky-------home
beechwood, ky--home
Ashland, ky------away
Portsmouth ------home
fairland------------home
coal grove--------away
rock hill----------home
Chesapeake-----away
south point------away.

4 of first 5 at home. I like it ALOT.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ACTUALLY 5 OF THE FIRST 6.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I TAKE IT THAT OVC POSTERS HERE THINK THE NEW ADDITIONS TO THE LEAGUE WERE A MISTAKE.
BECAUSE NOBODY FROM THE OVC IS POSTING HERE. THE NEW ADDITIONS WILL MAKE THIS A MUCH STRONGER LEAGUE, AND WITH THE GAHS BLUE DEVILS COMING IN NEXT YEAR. I THINK IT'S EXCITING MYSELF.I'M NOT TRYING TO START ANYTHING, JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND OTHER POSTERS NOT POSTING, MAYBE IT IS TOO EARLY YET.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

YTB, I haven't been on here for awhile so I will comment for ya. I have always said I like the new additions I just don't want the new additions thinking the own the conference and should have say over everything. I still believe in my Grove and I think we are going to have a very good year. Possibly give Ironton a good game down here in the Grove.

Feels pretty good to be posting again.

fanhavingfun
Waterboy

Post by fanhavingfun »

I'm with you Tiger, the additions have done nothing but strengthen the conference in all sports, but especially in football. I guess some would rather us be like the SOC and keep shutting out everyone in our backyard (namely Portsmouth and Ironton), split into two divisions under the guise of "school size and competition" and get stuck with a 4 game league schedule.

Change isn't always a bad thing and there is a lot of it in the league this year. New coaches at Portsmouth, Coal Grove, South Point and Fairland. New teams coming in this year and next. New and old rivalries being born and reborn. A lot of excitement.

Now, I have to admit, I did not initially embrace all this change overnight, and I don't expect everyone else to do so. I did not initially care for the expansion of the league or the coaching change in Grove (it was more how they did it than anything else). That being said, I am thrilled to see the excitement here in the Grove and love the idea of the level of competition that has been introduced to the league. Everyone keeps saying how Ironton/Portsmouth/Gallia will dominate blah blah blah, but I have faith my Hornets (and others) will rise to the occasion against the Big 3 outsiders and do just fine. It's hard to believe football season starts in two days!

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

So gallia acaemy is matched up in OVC preview with Portsmouth at 6 pm on the 15th. what are the other match-ups and what order will they play in?

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Everyone i have spoken to from the old ovc is in favor of this new ovc. I think it will just take a miracle for someone to beat ironton. Even if portsmouth, coal grove or chesapeake were able to beat ironton it might still be a tie because one of those 3 schools would eventually get knocked off. Truthfully, going to all of the ironton ovc games would be very enjoyable because you will see a lot of teams giving their best. But ironton will probably have at least 2 different 50-0 ovc wins

Football is the exception, the other sports have already proven to be on par with ironton and portsmouth.

Portsmouth won the ovc in volleyball and were co-chmps in boys basketball and ironton won the ovc in girls basketball. But that was it i believe?

Return to “Football”