SOC2 Minford (5-1) @ Portsmouth West (5-1)

Westsider1993
JV Team

Re: SOC2 Minford (5-1) @ Portsmouth West (5-1)

Post by Westsider1993 »

Coming from a diehard West fan I say this, One heck of a game Minford you came to play. Congradulations. I hope you guys go deep in the playoffs. Outstanding offensive schemes to isolate #8 on defense the first half. There are people on these forums that jump on and off the band wagons for these schools. Some are not even routing for a certain school because they support them, they are doing it just to stir it up. True West fans stand behind their kids 100% and we know what we have coming back every year. That would be a great program. You take it 1 game at a time 1 season at a time. We lose some, but we win alot and I know that is hard for some to swallow. West is having a good season this year ,better than most ever thought they would have and they will all be back next year!!! To those Minford posters or "posers" that are doing all the hating grow up and when you can win the gold football on a constant level like a few other teams in the SOC2 then you have something to boast about.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

NewEra wrote:
fanatic23 wrote:I think I'm ready for my prediction West 32-14. I think Pendleton is going to put on a show for the minford fans on both sides of the ball.I don't know if it can be done but anyone leading the area in tackles and rushing yards at the end of the season should be conSIDERed for offensive and defensive player of the year.

Pendleton will be lucky if he cracks 100. I look for another big game by Tyler Gaines.

He led the team in tackles with 13. Not bad for a sophomore, going against the "Beast" :122245

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Great jv game tonite at West vs. Minford. Almost the same score as sat. nite, but
West won this one 26 to 6. Thurs. the freshman play (I believe @ Minford) and they
should win big also.

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

Even though I haven't seen the Falcons play a down this year, they have earned my respect. I'll have to admit...I didn't think they would beat Burg, and after the whoopin' the Siders put on us, I definitely didn't think they would win on the west side. They have met every challenge and Coach Daniels has done a great job with that program. I'm excited to see them (sort of :)) in week 9. It sounds like they have the makings of a team that can make a good run, but as they say...one game at a time!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Congradulations to Minford on the win. They really dominated West in the trenches and they have some really talented athletes.

Minford seemed alot more fired up to play, and they really took it to West. I too would've like to seen West punch that in there on the opening drive as they were really moving the ball, but the holding call on the 10 killed all their momentum and let Minford regroup.

As someone else mentioned, the crowd was terrible and the atmosphere was terrible for a game of that magnitude. The band wasn't there to start the game. Crowd didn't cheer (COLD?) and left way early (HOMERS?). Visiting team came out last (which I don't ever understand). Very dissapointed in the fan support Saturday. West crowds at away games are much better IMO.

We definately should have played the game on Friday. Big mistake. Besides the field conditions helping West, the conditions for the fans would've been much better friday at gametime than they were Saturday. But they made a big gate, so I'm sure the AD is happy even though we didn't win.

Return to “Football”