D5 - Region 19: (#7) Coal Grove at (#2) Oak Hill

Who advances?

Total votes: 0

Oak_hill_studz
Waterboy

Re: D5 - Region 19: (#7) Coal Grove at (#2) Oak Hill

Post by Oak_hill_studz »

Thank you boogerred for your insight. I suppose for the first statement I could have put Oak Hill by the word “they” in parenthesis to show possession of the term offense, as I was referring to Oak Hill’s offense. As for the second statement you would not say “fans sits” but rather “fans sit”. I used the word “their” instead of “his” as I was referring to the group of fans at large, not just one in particular. In the third statement I thought “their” and “its” could be used interchangeably when referring to the possession of Oak Hill as the team is a group of people, or am I mistaken? If you could get back to me I’d appreciate it. I rather enjoy it when I can pick someone’s brain in order to improve my writing. Thanks again.
As for the post I made it was a bit of a cheap shot to question one’s intelligence. But overall it is very frustrating to drive two hours to see your brother and friends play their hearts out and then become subject to unfair criticism. How you can come onto this site and bash an offense after it produces 42 points on a team of Coal Grove’s caliber is absurd. For whatever reason beyond my understanding, people cannot give Oak Hill any respect. After the state championship last year in basketball, people were saying it wasn’t “fair” after two students transferred from Jackson. Now this year after winning the SOC, fans are saying Oak Hill is too big to play in the SOC 1 and should be removed immediately. These people weren’t expressing these sentiments my sophomore year when we had a winless record. Now on the greatest football night in school history, a fan doesn’t express congratulations but bitterness at the end result. This forum should be a vessel to talk your team up, not bring the other team down. If Chris Carter were here this would get a big “Come on Man!!!”

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Oak_hill_studz wrote:Thank you boogerred for your insight. I suppose for the first statement I could have put Oak Hill by the word “they” in parenthesis to show possession of the term offense, as I was referring to Oak Hill’s offense. As for the second statement you would not say “fans sits” but rather “fans sit”. I used the word “their” instead of “his” as I was referring to the group of fans at large, not just one in particular. In the third statement I thought “their” and “its” could be used interchangeably when referring to the possession of Oak Hill as the team is a group of people, or am I mistaken? If you could get back to me I’d appreciate it. I rather enjoy it when I can pick someone’s brain in order to improve my writing. Thanks again.
As for the post I made it was a bit of a cheap shot to question one’s intelligence. But overall it is very frustrating to drive two hours to see your brother and friends play their hearts out and then become subject to unfair criticism. How you can come onto this site and bash an offense after it produces 42 points on a team of Coal Grove’s caliber is absurd. For whatever reason beyond my understanding, people cannot give Oak Hill any respect. After the state championship last year in basketball, people were saying it wasn’t “fair” after two students transferred from Jackson. Now this year after winning the SOC, fans are saying Oak Hill is too big to play in the SOC 1 and should be removed immediately. These people weren’t expressing these sentiments my sophomore year when we had a winless record. Now on the greatest football night in school history, a fan doesn’t express congratulations but bitterness at the end result. This forum should be a vessel to talk your team up, not bring the other team down. If Chris Carter were here this would get a big “Come on Man!!!”

First of all, I have never said anything negative about Oak Hill!!!

As for you comments about my corrections:

1. You cannot use they to refer to an offense, but you could use it to refer to the Oaks.

2. Indeed, it would be ... one of those fans who sits..., as the noun would be one and the verb would be sits. Of those fans is a prepositional phrase, so that is not used to determine whether the verb is singular or plural.

3. Again, their and its cannot be used interchangeably (that may be misspelled but I am not going to take the time to look it up). Its could be used when referring to a singular noun; their is used when referring to a plural noun. Many people believe that their can be used with singular words that stand for many individuals; however, that line of thinking is incorrect.

I was just having fun with you. I probably shouldn't have taken up for that guy because he was pissing and moaning because his team lost. He should have just said that Oak Hill was better than Coal Grove.

I would love for Oak Hill to keep winning, which would only strengthen its program.

Peace! Hope to see you at the game next weekend!

Oak_hill_studz
Waterboy

Post by Oak_hill_studz »

Oh I wasn't saying anything negative about you. The second paragraph was being directed elsewhere. Thanks again for the lesson. I just figured that Oak Hill implied a plural sense as it is a body of several individuals. Alas I cannot make it to next weeks game as college requires too much time to travel off campus. If the site is close to Columbus than I might be able to. Thanks again.

buckeyeshotsphoto
Waterboy

Post by buckeyeshotsphoto »

Congrats to Oak Hill. The Oaks have a well oiled machine up there in Jackson County. Good luck to you as you dig deeper into the playoffs!

Great year Grove. Congrats on your accomplishments in these 4 years and hope to see some of these guys on a college field.

This guy is the real deal: Sloan IMO is maybe the best quarterback in the area. This kid is for real!

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Bucknut27....Thanks for the kind words in regards to the game report.

oak_a_holic.....I had Westen Hale for 147 yards, 23 carries, 3 TD. Not a bad night's work.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

by the way the estimated attendance was around 3500

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

didnt i read on this site back in the summer and or spring that oak hill would not/could not win with the current coaching staff? they needed to bring in another staff.....

would love to hear what these ^^^posters have to say now... LOL

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

They did didn't they. Slone calling the plays changed lots of things. First of all it made Rinehart quit calling plays and got him over to the defense where he doesn't have to second guess himself all the time. It also got rid of the "volunteer assistant" that was negative about everything the "Oak Hill" coaches did. I heard he was there week 1 vs. Chesapeake but then hasn't been back since. Maybe it was because he couldn't even wear an Oak Hill shirt when he was on the sidelines.

Return to “Football”