Regional Final D4 R15: #1 Ironton vs. #3 Hartley at Logan

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: Regional Final D4 R15: #1 Ironton vs. #3 Hartley at Loga

Post by fuzzhead »

Congrats to the Tigers on a good run. The Hartley O-line and backfield should be commended for their play. They had power and speed and Ironton couldn't handle them. This was the most un-physical Ironton performance I've ever watched in the last two years, hands down. The last quarter and a half or so was once of the biggest meltdowns I've seen all year, physically, emotionally, and technically.

pottiemouth
Waterboy

Post by pottiemouth »

Spot on remarks tigercannon...great season Tigers

HSFootball#1Fan
Waterboy

Post by HSFootball#1Fan »

tigercannon71 wrote:3 things killed Ironton tonight: 1. 2 turnovers you turn the ball over in a playoff game you will lose. 2. Lack of physicality on the D-Line. I said it in my posts earlier in the week the more physical team will win. and 3.BS excessive celebration penalty and to top it off it wasnt a personal foul it was an unsportsmanlike. So that ref was saying that kid celebrated so much that it went above and beyond the game. You get UNC's for fighting, spitting, vile taunting, and other such acts. So unless the kid was dropping the f-bomb as he jumped for joy that was a total BS call and anybody watching the game knows it was the turning point of the game. Its the playoffs let the kids decide the game.
YES! It was the turning point of the game. And let the kids decide thegame!?!?!?! He did by taunting an injured player that he made a great hit on. He is a kid and DID decide the game. Whether it was excessive celebration or unsportsmanlike conduct it still is a 15 yd penalty and a 1st down.

Ironton smacked hartley in the mouth the 1st game and hartley returned the favor. It was a great game but hartley was definetly the more physical team tonite.

BTW, isn't the excessive celebration signal and unsportsmanlike conduct signal the same? So are you sure it wasn't called unsportsmanlike?? I could be wrong.

tigerfan83
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan83 »

Ok , what happen on the unsportsman like flag on Ironton , after we held them on a pass that was broken up on fourth down.

That call was a a game changer the radio guys could not believe the call .

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Paladin_II wrote:Now we get to hear the "sportsmen" whine away !! Someone got beat IN A WEAK Region. By a weak team. Period. Very appropriate losing IN LOGAN.

Be thankful the embarrassment coming next week from Alter wasn't you.
Yeah be thankful Logan's fine season ended

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

C-Bolt wrote:awww Ironton lost, must have been that unfair site selection that did it,darn that OHSAA!
Wow you all are real winners are you not at least Ironton does make the playoffs and does have that opportunity to play for a tittle unlike the your teams do.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Fine season By the Ironton football team you have nothing to hang your head about you did a tremendousness job to get where you got.
Looking forward to a great season next year.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

Congratulations to BH on a regional championship.

Congratulations to the IT on your regular season and your advancement to the regional championship game.
Most of the naysayers on this forum would have been ecstatic to have had your season.

I would imagine BH's game preparation was filled with comments from this site about BH being too soft and not wanting to be hit or to block.
Last edited by pappy1 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

You guy's dont get it! To many ironton supporters blew off there mouths about Hartley being very soft and weak. Let me make this clear, you guy's gave the Hartley fans and players all the incentive to come out and show ironton who's phyiscal and that's the story of this game.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

moonschein wrote:You guy's dont get it! To many ironton supporters blew off there mouths about Hartley being very soft and weak. Let me make this clear, you guy's gave the Hartley fans and players all the incentive to come out and show ironton who's phyiscal and that's the story of this game.
That is what I was trying to say, just wasn't as blunt as you were.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Congratulations to the Ironton Fighting Tigers on a great season. Can't wait for next year to start. Also to the Ironton fans on here, congratulations to you on the support you give your team. Good Luck next year and good luck to Oak Hill tonight.

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Post by B-dawg79 »

good season ironton

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:The refs have been bad all year, maybe the worse I have seen in all of my time watching high school football.
that multiplies exceptionally when playoffs start they want to look like they are being tough on calls i have seen it over the years the calls get might strange in November. ask anybody anywhere in the state

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

Paladin_II wrote:Now we get to hear the "sportsmen" whine away !! Someone got beat IN A WEAK Region. By a weak team. Period. Very appropriate losing IN LOGAN.

yea it was rather logan -like but they usually go out first round :122246

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Congrats to Hartley on their Regional championship,and good luck next week.
Congrats to the Fighting Tigers you played with heart and your Never Give Up attitude.Good luck to our Seniors in all they do,and thanks for all you gave us.
And as fans we shouldn't blame anyone but give credit where credit is due.
And I love those haters they make me smile lol.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

I was at the game, it was definitely taunting and a good call. The officials didn't throw a bubble screen backwards that was a fumble. Two fumbles cost Ironton the game. It was a really good game to watch and Ironton is a fine football team. Hartley really got lucky because twice they should have kicked a field goal and take the points but turned the ball over on4th and2 or 3 to go. Hartley's OLine did block Ironton and you can't take that away from those kids!

How about the PA guy giving updates all night on the Kenton vs Alter score and then didn't give the final. and how about the down marker breaking and the scoreboard not working, ouch!

kevbk6222
JV Team

Post by kevbk6222 »

you are a scumbag. you hatred for a bunch of teenage kids is disgusting.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Actually, its not the kids -- its the FANS.

And there , you have some real scumbags.

And BTW, I'm not the only poster here to note that as many find most of the tigger fans as loud mouth braggards & whiners. Just a little reading will discover that the public at large doesn't think much of tigger fans.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

congrats on a great season Ironton

kevbk6222
JV Team

Post by kevbk6222 »

Paladin_II wrote:Actually, its not the kids -- its the FANS.

And there , you have some real scumbags.

And BTW, I'm not the only poster here to note that as many find most of the tigger fans as loud mouth braggards & whiners. Just a little reading will discover that the public at large doesn't think much of tigger fans.
if you problem is with the fans the say bad things about them dont say, "your team sucks, you region was awful, and you would get killed if you played next week." weather you believe that or not there is no reason to say that. that is a blatant attack against the players. you completely disregard everything they have accomplished because some fans piss you off. you should be old enough to take the high road. this 17 year old shouldnt be more mature than you.

Return to “Football”