Week 1: Ironton at Burg

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Re: Week 1: Ironton at Burg

Post by GoBigI »

Cochran and Crawford could stake their claim with Deere. Carrico, Cochran, Crawford, Carter, Crabtree, Carpenter, Cecil....the killer Cs in town

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

GoBigI wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:49 pm Cochran and Crawford could stake their claim with Deere. Carrico, Cochran, Crawford, Carter, Crabtree, Carpenter, Cecil....the killer Cs in town
No doubt about it, they are both studs. That’s a killer lineup right there.

FBfan007
Waterboy

Post by FBfan007 »

GoBigI wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:51 pm Burg has nobody in the 2023 class with D1 potential. Mathews and Horsely were studs the past couple of years and nobody in their Sophomore class is in the same galaxy as those 2. There certainly is no Tanner Holden in that class.
You obviously haven't paid attention to burgs sophomore class. This is one of the more talented classes to come through burg. Just wait and see.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

GoBigI wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:51 pm Burg has nobody in the 2023 class with D1 potential. Mathews and Horsely were studs the past couple of years and nobody in their Sophomore class is in the same galaxy as those 2. There certainly is no Tanner Holden in that class.
You obviously didn’t read my post. I said D1 potential. Ironton fans need to pump their brakes on their two ranked sophomore players also. They even haven’t played real varsity minutes. Those rankings are tied into recruiting platforms that usually charge to get your players name out there. Carrico has proved his scholarship on the field. Hopefully the two at ironton can get some school paid for if they want but Burg has a couple with Small D1 potential right now.

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

Post by Tristate all stars »

wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:10 am
You obviously didn’t read my post. I said D1 potential. Ironton fans need to pump their brakes on their two ranked sophomore players also. They even haven’t played real varsity minutes. Those rankings are tied into recruiting platforms that usually charge to get your players name out there. Carrico has proved his scholarship on the field. Hopefully the two at ironton can get some school paid for if they want but Burg has a couple with Small D1 potential right now.
There’s a lot of 2023 players from the area who had way more varsity time then those 2 did last year. Not saying those 2 kids aren’t good players but prove yourself on the field first not in some combine where there’s no hitting done. And I know for a fact that burg has a couple 2023 players capable of getting a D-1 scholarship if they continue to improve. That’s key at that age is improving with every snap

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Saw a video highlighting that Sophomore class. They have a mix of both good skill players and big offensive and defensive lineman. They will be strong.

One kid I didn't see though was the Ratcliff boy. Is he not playing for Burg this year?

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:10 pm The Gliac is going forward with just league football schedule, which I believe is 9 games. DII
GLIAC isn’t playing, guess you got just a little ahead of yourself. Maybe it was the government conspiracies that you like spouting?

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

You got me bandit, I bow to your greatness!

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

The Burg will always be Eddie Haskell to the Tigers Wally Cleaver as long as coach Pendleton stays at Ironton. ;) ;)

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

artisgilmore wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:55 pm The Burg will always be Eddie Haskell to the Tigers Wally Cleaver as long as coach Pendleton stays at Ironton. ;) ;)
He is 1 and 1 against them. I can see that.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

He will be how many years he coaches at Ironton and one against the Burg. ;) ;)

Return to “Football”