THE NEW LOOK OF THE NEW OVC 2015

IBTT
All Conference

Re: THE NEW LOOK OF THE NEW OVC 2015

Post by IBTT »

Westfan don't care too much for this OVC talk. I think he is getting a bit worried about basketball season when his SOC boys are going to get their stir stick broken off in them. Let alone football. West hasn't had a good year in a while, don't know why he would be stiring us tigers. I would think he would be getting ready for some burg action or valley. I have to say West has a bright future, but they will have to beat those two teams before they can get any respect. I say it might just happen, could be this year. If not this year, the next couple of years we will probably be hearing from him. Haha!! They do have some talent coming up.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'd like to still be playing west.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the addition of Portsmouth , ironton, and next year gahs, I think will make the ovc every bit as strong as the soc, arguably maybe even deeper across the board.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:the addition of Portsmouth , ironton, and next year gahs, I think will make the ovc every bit as strong as the soc, arguably maybe even deeper across the board.
You fall and hit your head bait? Portsmouth and Gallipolis have been pitiful lately. OVC football outside of Coal Grove and Ironton is terrible.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

If the OVC teams are as bad as the SOC posters say they are why do they keep playing them? If I wanted to get better I'd play better teams. Now if I want to have a lot of wins over a bunch of cup cakes as some think the OVC is I'd just keep playing them and when I get my butt kick in the play offs I know why, all I have to do is look at who I played.

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

Smack talk is the SOC's bread and butter, but unfortunately, only Burg and Valley can consistently back their smack.
West especially has a bunch of fans that like to stir the pot and talk a lot, but then when one of the OVC teams hands them their tail, they talk about how it was bad officiating, or how it was the other team's fans doing stuff that caused them to lose. **Not saying this is ALL West fans, but a good majority of them fit the shoe...*

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

As for the new OVC, I'm down for it. I've always thought Ironton should be in the OVC since they have consistently played all of the OVC teams in every sport other than football. Portsmouth is also a great addition, we played them in most sports anyway. We'll see what happens once GA actually starts playing in the league.

Football wise, I don't think it's going to do much. Ironton, Grove, and Portsmouth will most likely be the front runners for awhile, but every other sport (especially basketball) this has upped the ante on making an even stronger and more competitive league and I think all schools will see benefits from it for years to come.

Best of luck to all OVC teams this year! Unfortunately, I probably won't make it to any games this year due to living and working mostly in the Charleston area now, but I will be definitely keeping tabs on everyone, and especially my Dragons.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I think this move will be a big help to Portsmouth and GAllia.
Athens made a move to a new league and it helped them greatly am I predicting the same for Portsmouth and Gallia no but I do think it will help them greatly

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

dragonsfan24 wrote:Smack talk is the SOC's bread and butter, but unfortunately, only Burg and Valley can consistently back their smack.
West especially has a bunch of fans that like to stir the pot and talk a lot, but then when one of the OVC teams hands them their tail, they talk about how it was bad officiating, or how it was the other team's fans doing stuff that caused them to lose. **Not saying this is ALL West fans, but a good majority of them fit the shoe...*
The thing about that is they play in a tougher conference. Put Burg, Valley and West in the OVC, and they will be in the top 4 every year. And 1 of them winning the title every year. The OVC is weak. I don't care what you say. I've seen your measuring stick and it is slightly skewed.

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

With talk of OHSAA realigning the divisions again will that cause change in the OVC? Including Gallia, the OVC is spread between D-4 through D-6

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

seops123 wrote:With talk of OHSAA realigning the divisions again will that cause change in the OVC? Including Gallia, the OVC is spread between D-4 through D-6
Well the SVC is currently spread between D-4 through D-6 and Paint Valley was D-7 last year so the OVC may end up like the SVC, but I thing the OVC will be a more competitive than the SVC and have a little more success in getting teams into the playoffs, especially if the SVC schools in D-5 are realigned back into R-17.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

have the new divisions been announced?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Westfan wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:the addition of Portsmouth , ironton, and next year gahs, I think will make the ovc every bit as strong as the soc, arguably maybe even deeper across the board.
You fall and hit your head bait? Portsmouth and Gallipolis have been pitiful lately. OVC football outside of Coal Grove and Ironton is terrible.

I'm not talking schedules. I'm talking teams the soc is top heavy with success with burg n valley n sometimes west.

as initially I thing will be the case in the ovc with ironton, coal grove. and the jury is still out with Portsmouth. and Chesapeake has a fine squad.with fairland pulling in there close.

I think the 2 leagues are mirror images of themselves. and yes, I've been hit in the head a lot.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

This is starting to sound like a Big Ten versus SEC comparison.
The OVC and SOC II aren't close at all. Bait even you and other fans have said this.
Of the current OVC teams, Ironton is the only school who would have contended for an SOC II title in the last 5 years.

Coal Grove is probably the second best football program in the OVC. Valley Wheelersburg West and Minford are all better programs. The last place team in the SOC II (Waverly) almost won at Coal Grove last year against what was built up to be the best group at Coal Grove in years.

Portsmouth and GAHS are down.
Fairland has a good team every 4 or 5 years.
West stopped playing Chesapeake, Rock Hill, and South Point because the games were terrible and the gates were worse.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's the great thing about having an opinion. everybody can have one.personally I think the 2 leagues are very similar. with the soc obviously having more success of late. but the addition of these teams changes that now. I'm not trying to argue, I just think now the leagues will purty much be a mirror image of each other.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I say after about 5 years Ironton/Porstmouth will leave altogether or leave just for football. Or worst case scenario if the losses continue to pile up for Rock Hill and South Point those two teams might not even have football anymore. Why play if in your league you are always playing for last place.
SOC II is a 10x better league than the OVC in football.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

tigercannon71 wrote:I say after about 5 years Ironton/Porstmouth will leave altogether or leave just for football. Or worst case scenario if the losses continue to pile up for Rock Hill and South Point those two teams might not even have football anymore. Why play if in your league you are always playing for last place.
SOC II is a 10x better league than the OVC in football.
:122246 This is actually a pretty good read Kittycannon.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

like me, cannon's been hit in the head a lot.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:like me, cannon's been hit in the head a lot.
Looks like one of those times knocked some sense in to him

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:like me, cannon's been hit in the head a lot.
Looks like one of those times knocked some sense in to him
:lol:

Return to “Football”