Ironton 48 - 7 Portsmouth OVC CHIP

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Re: Ironton 48 - 7 Portsmouth OVC CHIP

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Portsmouth won 8 games because of athletes. We have speed, Parker obviously, Purdy, Rowe, Wallace and others. What we lack is big fast lineman, It’s why we were able to play with Gallia for awhile then their size just wore on us. Ironton, has equal if not better athletes, and the line, not a good mix for the Trojans. Rowe is a good QB, especially for a sophomore but he was on the run every play, because Irontons D line was eating us up, which made him force throws he hadn’t been doing all year. Think he only had 2 ints till last night because nobody else has put that kinda pressure on him.

Hats off to the Tigers, this is their best team in many years, and they are my odds on favorite for the region if not farther. Again the physical nature they play is impressive, and they seem to thrive off of it. Haven’t seen that style of football for many years. Trojans are improved the last 2 years and are trying to be more physical but aren’t at that level of physical play yet, but there has been great improvement from what we were 5-6 years ago.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Fighting Tigers on the win.......just based on the eye test of 1 game, I'm in agreement with Trojan FB Alum that this edition of Ironton football is the best in almost 20 years. They don't have a weakness, and I was very impressed that IHS can throw the ball and throw it well with Gage Salyers. Seth Fossom was a bulldozer, and Reid Carrico was solid as well. I couldn't believe their kicker missed an extra point, but he looks like he will be kicking at the next level. The Fighting Tigers defense is absolutely for real, swarming on every play. They held a good Trojan offense to only 7 points, and stopped several other Portsmouth opportunities in Ironton territory.

Ironton is regional champion good, and maybe good enough to be playing for a state championship in week 15.

Congratulations also to Coach Kalb, his staff, and the Trojans.......2 years in a row in the playoffs after an 11 year absence. PROUD OF ALL OF YOU!!

Shame on anyone trying to run down Portsmouth's season......the 2 losses were to 9-1 playoff teams, and the 8 wins were well earned.

A BIG THANK YOU to the Ironton coach who gave biggdowgg and myself a meal ticket for the concession stand. It was greatly appreciated.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

trojandave wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:06 am Congratulations to the Fighting Tigers on the win.......just based on the eye test of 1 game, I'm in agreement with Trojan FB Alum that this edition of Ironton football is the best in almost 20 years. They don't have a weakness, and I was very impressed that IHS can throw the ball and throw it well with Gage Salyers. Seth Fossom was a bulldozer, and Reid Carrico was solid as well. I couldn't believe their kicker missed an extra point, but he looks like he will be kicking at the next level. The Fighting Tigers defense is absolutely for real, swarming on every play. They held a good Trojan offense to only 7 points, and stopped several other Portsmouth opportunities in Ironton territory.

Ironton is regional champion good, and maybe good enough to be playing for a state championship in week 15.

Congratulations also to Coach Kalb, his staff, and the Trojans.......2 years in a row in the playoffs after an 11 year absence. PROUD OF ALL OF YOU!!

Shame on anyone trying to run down Portsmouth's season......the 2 losses were to 9-1 playoff teams, and the 8 wins were well earned.

A BIG THANK YOU to the Ironton coach who gave biggdowgg and myself a meal ticket for the concession stand. It was greatly appreciated.
They might have to start calling you TigerDave, drawing the winning split the pot ticket, getting free meal tickets. Lol 😂

Who Dey!
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Congrats to Ironton. There defense was unreal. Portsmouth could move the ball but when it got to short yardage Trojans couldn’t get them. They have a good team and will win some playoff games. Looks like Ironton will get Wellston. Waiting on where Portsmouth plays after tonight.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

PTrojan59: TigerDave?......Not happening......over my dead body......Trojan forever!!...... :D

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Hahahahaha tiger Dave

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

trojandave wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:06 am Congratulations to the Fighting Tigers on the win.......just based on the eye test of 1 game, I'm in agreement with Trojan FB Alum that this edition of Ironton football is the best in almost 20 years. They don't have a weakness, and I was very impressed that IHS can throw the ball and throw it well with Gage Salyers. Seth Fossom was a bulldozer, and Reid Carrico was solid as well. I couldn't believe their kicker missed an extra point, but he looks like he will be kicking at the next level. The Fighting Tigers defense is absolutely for real, swarming on every play. They held a good Trojan offense to only 7 points, and stopped several other Portsmouth opportunities in Ironton territory.

Great post Dave. Hated not bumping into you last night. Great to hear you won the split the pocket on the intercom.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Some very kind and gracious remarks and compliments by the Portsmouth fans. Thank you, wish you guys luck in your upcoming playoff game!

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Portsmouth (8-1) -vs- Ironton (8-1) OVC CROWN

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:42 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:57 am looks like it will be wellston @ ironton == Portsmouth @ burg == Minford @ ridgewood == and Columbus academy @ Amanda clearcreek, if indeed these results are final.
They’re not final, there’s a game today that could flip Wheelersburg and Ridgewood depending on the outcome.
oh, okay.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

Congratulations Tigers from REDMEN Country!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

thank you redman

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”