Ironton v. Wheelersburg. Week 12

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Ironton v. Wheelersburg. Week 12

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The linebackers will fill their gaps nicely. Only chance for Palladino is to get in space. Burg will do their best to control that.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

When you see something odd and we score because of it jump on here and I'll tell you what happend. Haha.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:The linebackers will fill their gaps nicely. Only chance for Palladino is to get in space. Burg will do their best to control that.

That's fine if they fill those gaps, but after taking a few shots from Young as they fill those gaps they will begin to back off and the Tigers backs will run free and easy to the end zone.

If you score that will be odd.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

tigercannon71 wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:The linebackers will fill their gaps nicely. Only chance for Palladino is to get in space. Burg will do their best to control that.

That's fine if they fill those gaps, but after taking a few shots from Young as they fill those gaps they will begin to back off and the Tigers backs will run free and easy to the end zone.

:lol: Our LB's hit. They don't get hit. Ironton has too many kids to worry about on Burg's "overrated" defense.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:

Ironton has too many kids to worry about on Burg's "overrated" defense.
I wasn't going to call it that, but hey you would know if they are overrated or not.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WHAT'S THE WORD ?????????? BEAT THE BURG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

only thing going to be running besides pallidino to the endzone is burgs QB is gonna be running for his life this time around!!!

i think i recall no pressure on this cat last time around in game 1!!!!

hmmmmmmmmm

and it was 3 big plays that lost game 1!!!!!!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Even if he does have to scramble, YOU HAVE TO CATCH HIM. 3 big plays? Are you kidding me? Let's see that only equals 18 points if I'm doing my math correctly here. Then 3 extra points= 21. What am I missing here. I thought the final was 42-16, not 21-16. Hmmmmmm.

Kittykannon, they are not overrated in my book. Many ^cg^ think they are tho.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:WHAT'S THE WORD ?????????? THE BURG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fixed that for ya Bait. :-D

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:Even if he does have to scramble, YOU HAVE TO CATCH HIM. 3 big plays? Are you kidding me? Let's see that only equals 18 points if I'm doing my math correctly here. Then 3 extra points= 21. What am I missing here. I thought the final was 42-16, not 21-16. Hmmmmmm.

Kittykannon, they are not overrated in my book. Many ^cg^ think they are tho.
their is no excuses , heat and out gas that stuff is for wimps , both teams know the conditions back then and again now. (its up to all involved to prepare)

coach im giving u 110% until i know the game is over! had ironton went up 23-21 to start the second half in game 1 the outcome would not have been 42-16

28-16 game 1 rattled ironton
35-16 game 1 kids pretty much done
42-16 game 1 steak dinners, champange , fat ladys singing

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:only thing going to be running besides pallidino to the endzone is burgs QB is gonna be running for his life this time around!!!

hmmmmmmmmm

The Burgs rushing yards were 234 .. Ironton total yards were 233 ... Burgs QB does not get rattled... I see the Burg going full house back field and running all night this Saturday night.. Much more physical than game 1.... Martins ferry ran all over the Ironton boys

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

burg has seek and destroy mentality(as fast as possible)! i have never seen burg want to grind it out with a team

as ol jolly says burg will come fast, with both kitchen sinks , and everything in between them!!

lets just hope these tigers have the answers this time around! i know 1 thing for sure they wont be rattled this time around
Last edited by Trojan_Pride on Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Sport Fan wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:only thing going to be running besides pallidino to the endzone is burgs QB is gonna be running for his life this time around!!!

hmmmmmmmmm

The Burgs rushing yards were 234 .. Ironton total yards were 233 ... Burgs QB does not get rattled... I see the Burg going full house back field and running all night this Saturday night.. Much more physical than game 1.... Martins ferry ran all over the Ironton boys
I hope that's their plan!!

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:burg has seek and destroy mentality(as fast as possible)! i have never seen burg want to grind it out with a team

as ol jolly says burg will come fast, with both kitchen sinks , and everything in between them!!

lets just hope these tigers have the answers this time around! i know 1 thing for sure they wont be rattled this time around

Well Get ready to see.. The last 5 games , they have ran the ball , very physical up front...This will be there game plan, make no mistake about that...

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

cg-ironton fan wrote:burg has seek and destroy mentality(as fast as possible)! i have never seen burg want to grind it out with a team

2 score lead and Burg will chew up the clock. They can grind the whole game out if they so choose cg. They have a powerful and well conditioned line. They run a no huddle power game. That will wear on the big linemen of Ironton. The first time Burg scores everything will start falling in place and they gain momentum with every snap. Ironton has to answer when Burg scores or Burg will go for the jugular and end. The game quickly. Burg has shown so many things the past 6 weeks that even us die hards can't say for sure what's coming next. I am always surprised with what they come up with. These kids go out and do their jobs individually for the team. They execute very well. I haven't seen a team like this in a long time. They play with a purpose and will not allow anyone to stand in their way and not bring the fight to them. 26 hours and we are going to see how both squads handle the rematch. I for one can't wait. I have got my Ribber reservation made for 8:00.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

^^^^^^^ maybe they should schedule denver broncos next game!!!

maybe burg will have to answer ironton scores who knows

all i know for sure is IF and that is 1 big if burg wins this game the 2014 burg vs hartley game will be worse than the 2013 burg vs hartley game(and you heard this 1st here and by me)

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

cg-ironton fan wrote:^^^^^^^ maybe they should schedule denver broncos next game!!!

all i know for sure is IF and that is 1 big if burg wins this game the 2014 burg vs hartley game will be worse than the 2013 burg vs hartley game(and you heard this 1st here and by me)
I got your crow cooking cg. Nobody said anything about playing the Broncos. What I am saying is Burg is on a whole other level than Ironton. 8)

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:^^^^^^^ maybe they should schedule denver broncos next game!!!

I got your crow cooking cg. Nobody said anything about playing the Broncos. What I am saying is Burg is on a whole other level than Ironton. 8)

That is true the Tigers are on a whole another level and the Burg needs a 10 ft ladder to climb up to the Tigers level.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

tigercannon71 wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:

That is true the Tigers are on a whole another level and the Burg needs a 10 ft ladder to climb up to the Tigers level.
Your avatar is perfect.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

All I know is what I think and though it may not be much I do believe if Ironton can keep penalties down to none and control the clock and ball with no turnovers they can win.
If they play out of control try to be fancy they will be beaten rather handily.
I believe playing passing teams such as Meigs and Raceland helped them prepare for this game.
And yes I know Meigs is no where near Wheelersburg caliber as a team but Raceland was a very good team and Ironton adjusted in the second half to shut down a strong offensive team.
But penalties and turnovers will be the key to this game.

Return to “Football”