D4 R15 Semifinal: Ironton (7-4) vs. Johnstown-Monroe (11-0)

JohnstownFan
Waterboy

Re: D4 R15 Semifinal: Ironton (7-4) vs. Johnstown-Monroe (11

Post by JohnstownFan »

Well they won so they don't have too many problems.. Thanks for the friendly fans for the words of encouragement for this week..

bostitch
Waterboy

Post by bostitch »

In reading all these posts about grotch grabbing and late hits I have to laugh as most of these comments must be coming from the parents or fans, because a lot of these boys that played together on Saturday night are now Facebook friends. Too funny! :-D

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I am an Ironton Fan,

Just face it we got are asses kicked and the game is over.

Good Luck Jonnies

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

BigCarlito72 wrote:
kevbk6222 wrote:
BigCarlito72 wrote:Long time coach Mike Burcham retires.
was this announced? i turned off the radio broadcast after the game.
not yet...BUT its a done deal..I have a source in family.
Please don't start the same thing that happened a few years back. If Boomer is getting out then he should annouce it.

And I will say it again good luck and good bye!

Next the hiring process starts and this is the order the School Board needs to take hiring coaches in the future.

First they need to do what is best for the kids!!!

Second they need to do what is best for the coaching staff!!

Third they need to do what is best for the Ironton Fans!

BlackAngus
Waterboy

Post by BlackAngus »

All this banter back and forth don't settle anything. JM had a great game-plan and executed an aggressive style of play, especially their defense, which is always easier when you get ahead early.

What the discussion (arguing) does do is set the stage for a great potential rivalry for the future. I'd like to see them on the schedule for the next few years.

It's good to see some NEW competition in the mix. You gotta start somewhere.

Gimme a T...

jhs nut twister
Waterboy

Post by jhs nut twister »

86 tiger jm ran a train on you pick up wats left of your pride and get a job!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I SAID IT WAY EARLIER IN THIS DISCUSSION , I THROW MY SUPPORT BEHIND THE JOHNNIES, AND THEY KICKED OUR BUTT'S ROYALLY.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

any interior lineman, goes through those shenanigans nearly every play. it is intended to get a lineman to get mad and forget his assignments, and just play for revenge.not saying it's fair or ethical.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I SAID IT WAY EARLIER IN THIS DISCUSSION , I THROW MY SUPPORT BEHIND THE JOHNNIES, AND THEY KICKED OUR BUTT'S ROYALLY.
Just like I said you guys will be back in It next year with your coach Johnstown has a good team this year they are going to be losing Alot of Seniors Thanks for the Congrats for this weekend I hope we can beat Coshocton
Go Johnnies!!!!!!!!!!!

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:Congrats to JM on a fine win and good luck the rest of the way! And good job tigers on another good playoff season.

JM was obviously a far better and more dynamic team than the tigers. Very underrated team in my opinion, atleast around here in southern Ohio chats lol.

As far as the cheap shots, it's football! It happens. No they are not condoned nor I doubt they were premeditated from either team. Emotions fly high especially at this stage of the season. What's visable from the stands isn't always the whole situation. Players run their mouths and do thing to provoke one another and get in the heads of the other team. I played football in high school and it's not a uncommon things for stuff to go on the pile like that. Punches, nut grabs, being spit on and etc. I'm not saying it's right or justified but they are kids and probably didn't use the best of judgement in those situations. If it was going on the refs shoulda done more but they didn't. I just find it senseless to bash these high school players and their teams from what was seen in one game.
^^^ This

We all have to remember that these are 16/17 year old kids who watch the NFL guys get away with a lot of stuff. All we can do as fans is #1 stay classy ourselves. Ironton is a top notch, first rate team. Johnstown is pumped because they beat a team that has more tradition than any other in the state. We have a lot of respect for the Tigers and we as fans can state our opinion of what we think went on at the game, but to accuse a team as dirty that I personally have seen and heard the way their coaches teach the game is not excusable as a fan. It is not going to change the outcome of the game but we as fans do things and say things that make us feel better when we lose. Let's all move on and try and model the kids who are friends on facebook and respect one another. But what was said above, like it or not right or wrong it's a part of football. All we can do is teach the kids the right way to play and not act like kids ourselves. Johnstown is honored to have our helmet in the football museum in Ironton and that is a classy thing for your museum to ask us to donate a helmet to display there! Best of luck to the Ironton seniors, we hope your seniors go on to play college football and be successful and also hope that the underclassmen get motivated for next year! God Bless you all!
Last edited by 55buckeyes98 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

Thats very cool about the helment thing, thats what its all about very cool.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

There isn't a football museum in Ironton. Maybe someone wanted it for a private collection.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

he has to be talking about iron city hardware.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Ironton really should have a football museum.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

That would be cool.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Yeah it would!!! So much football history in Ironton, it would be fantastic to see someone bring it all together under one roof.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

You Ironton folks have probably seen this on Wikipedia already. Some good stuff and good links.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironton_Tanks

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Ok well we were under the impression it was a museum, but you all knew what I was talking about! Thanks for the clarification!

johnnies11
Waterboy

Post by johnnies11 »

I do not believe that coach Carter from JHS would leave, especially after the way the community fought so hard to keep him after the board threatened to fire him.
He loves the kids here in Johnstown, and would never think of going anywhere else. We have something very special here, and coach is the reason for it.
This is just my feeling on the rumors. He'd never do it.
thanks, and go Johnnies!!
1 Team~1 Heartbeat!!

Return to “Football”