Regional Final D4 R15: #1 Ironton vs. #3 Hartley at Logan

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Re: Regional Final D4 R15: #1 Ironton vs. #3 Hartley at Loga

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Next Year Hartley will prob be DIII and possibly Ironton too?

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

Hartley will be solidly in DIV during the next count. Ironton will be IV again, possibly DV if their enrollment dropped on this count.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

There is a new formula next year and private schools will most certainly move up... as will schools who accept a high number of open enrollment...

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

The new formula will not be until the 2012 count and the fall of 2013.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

That's not what the AD's I talked to said... there is a recount this year so I think it's supposed to happen next fall

IBLEEDORANGENBLACK
Waterboy

Post by IBLEEDORANGENBLACK »

Ironton has 182 boys...I think 6 boys away from V according to this years specifications. In no way will they jump to III

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

55Buckeyes98 wrote:That's not what the AD's I talked to said... there is a recount this year so I think it's supposed to happen next fall
The AD you talked to is wrong. Whatever 'new formula' goes into the enrollment figures must pass a vote through all of the OHSAA membership. This takes time. The current set up will be used for 2011-2012 with any 'new formula' being voted on in the fall of 2011 at the earliest, to be instated during the next count wich will be the fall of 2012.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Only a few teams make it to the final eight more than once and Ironton is one of those who has done it multiple times. Everyone can get on here and say what they want but there is no other team in SEO who has their overall resume over the years and that's a fact. I've watched them for over 40 years and they are the "anchor" of SEO football. Yeah, they could've won a couple more championships and regional games in my opinion if different calls were made at or near the end of the games but things happen. Hell, no one in SEO can load up like the Ursulines and Mooney's of the world every year but two championships and six runners-up are eight more state championship trophies than 98% of teams have ever won so they speak for themselves in that regard. I'm not from Ironton (and live about 10 minutes from Hartley High School) but they'll show up every year and put a good product on the field. Kudos to Coach Lutz and the Tigers for another great season.

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

FANOSPORTS wrote:Only a few teams make it to the final eight more than once and Ironton is one of those who has done it multiple times. Everyone can get on here and say what they want but there is no other team in SEO who has their overall resume over the years and that's a fact. I've watched them for over 40 years and they are the "anchor" of SEO football. Yeah, they could've won a couple more championships and regional games in my opinion if different calls were made at or near the end of the games but things happen. Hell, no one in SEO can load up like the Ursulines and Mooney's of the world every year but two championships and six runners-up are eight more state championship trophies than 98% of teams have ever won so they speak for themselves in that regard. I'm not from Ironton (and live about 10 minutes from Hartley High School) but they'll show up every year and put a good product on the field. Kudos to Coach Lutz and the Tigers for another great season.
Great post.......nothing but the truth in it......:!: :!: :!:

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

From what I heard at the regional meetings it has already been voted on and it out in the public, but I guess no one has specifically told me it will take effect next season... but the with the recount about to happen this spring I can see them making changes.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

FANOSPORTS wrote:Only a few teams make it to the final eight more than once and Ironton is one of those who has done it multiple times. Everyone can get on here and say what they want but there is no other team in SEO who has their overall resume over the years and that's a fact. I've watched them for over 40 years and they are the "anchor" of SEO football. Yeah, they could've won a couple more championships and regional games in my opinion if different calls were made at or near the end of the games but things happen. Hell, no one in SEO can load up like the Ursulines and Mooney's of the world every year but two championships and six runners-up are eight more state championship trophies than 98% of teams have ever won so they speak for themselves in that regard. I'm not from Ironton (and live about 10 minutes from Hartley High School) but they'll show up every year and put a good product on the field. Kudos to Coach Lutz and the Tigers for another great season.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------very well put, and people don't realize what an accomplishment this is , especially with all these private school's. as i said in another post. unless maybe it's a d1 , or d2 school, which just has the shere numbers. the days of public schools winning titles in football in the state of ohio. i wish bishop hartley all the luck in the world. even though they are private, we lost to them, so i want them to win it all. but i feel this is the end of the line for them , in a huge way. as now they face the university of kettering alter. i ain't crying in my beer. because the tigers are out. they had an amazing year. 26 games in 2 years , is awesome. but you ain't gonna be a team from southeastern ohio, and get past these privatized schools anymore. ohio needs to follow suit of other states and have private and public state championship games.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

people will say here, we go. same ole song and dance again, every year. if it were not true. it would not be an issue.why then are other states adopting these policies.

hammer911335
Freshman Team

Post by hammer911335 »

This is the quote from the OHSAA's website on divisional breakdowns, and the link to that page is below. "OHIO HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION DIVISIONS TO DETERMINE OHSAA TOURNAMENTS FOR SCHOOL YEARS 2009-10 AND 2010-11. DIVISIONAL BREAKDOWNS WILL BE RECALCULATED IN THE SPRING OF 2011 FOR SCHOOL YEARS 2011-12 AND 2012-13."

Here's the link to the page: http://www.ohsaa.org/members/sptdivis09.htm

Return to “Football”