Re: D5 State Semis! Final 4! Coldwater vs. Wheelersburg

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I hope to be there by six.
Good luck W-Burg.

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

I believe the state championship comes outta this game.If Burg plays as good as week 5 and with a little element of surprise, you will come out victorious!!!!! Go Burg!!!! Is there gonna be a live broadcast on Internet?????

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Burgfan.Com

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Well kodeman419 go ahead and tell us your prediction. No chip from anybody. I'm a Pirate fan and we all know what river ball is all about. Win or lose my thoughts are Coldwater players will get hit harder than they have all year. Ask Hamilton Badin from years back about coming to play the hillbillies. They found out. Week in and out you get hit in southern ohio and respect each other afterwards. The main thing is respect.

RollAlong11
Waterboy

Post by RollAlong11 »

26-18 Coldwater

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Knowitall wrote:It's readily apparent that this game is one that Wheelersburg will have to be near perfect in order to achieve victory. The kids on both sides are coming into tonight's game with the expectation of success without even the slightest notion of defeat. Wheelersburg's strength is not the individual superstar yet the collective effort of the team, the community, and the values that embody Pirate football. Friends these qualities do not present themselves on game film, Wheelersburg succeeds because of the fiber of success woven by the generations which preceeded them. The current iteneration knows that they stand on the shoulders of giants yet they are not alone. The community stands in solidarity with these boys and win or lose this evening the lessons learned this seaon will continue to provide many successes as they move forward in life. Best of luck to the Burg and do yourselves proud.

By the far the best and most straight forward post I have read on here.

Kudos to you Knowitall!! Very well said.

GO BURG!!

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
CWVoice
Waterboy

Post by CWVoice »

2 things as I've just arrived:

1. You all did get screwed in the seating. I will be adding my voice to the OHSAA. Great site for a region but not a state semi.

2 I have said nothing to attack you all. My kin is from a holler in Kanawha County WV. I hate the word hill billy. Be classy, root for your team and Go Cavs.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

CWVoice wrote:2 things as I've just arrived:

1. You all did get screwed in the seating. I will be adding my voice to the OHSAA. Great site for a region but not a state semi.

2 I have said nothing to attack you all. My kin is from a holler in Kanawha County WV. I hate the word hill billy. Be classy, root for your team and Go Cavs.
You seem like a class act to me and have posted very respectfully as far as I can see. I still don't understand why we weren't designated the home team. We finished first in our region while CW finished 3rd in theirs and the bracket I saw at the regionals had us on top if we won which usually means home team. Other that the seating, which you say we got screwed on, it doesn't matter but it is a respect thing and SEO teams get none from the OHSAA.

Good luck to your Cavs tonight, just not to much. Hope it's an injury free game these kids and fans will remember for a very long time.

MAKE IT HAPPEN PIRATES!!

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

wobycat wrote:Coldwater doesn't have hoying this year. They are well coached and well prepared with skilled athletes. Burg is extremely good. You don't have a running clock in two of the three, with the one game having a chance to have a running clock in your region and not be good.
I hope burg goes all the way, but I've posted my concerns about COLDWATER since week 3.
However; running clock for a reason. The weakest region in this division, if not most divisions. Doesn't mean the burg can't pull this one off though. I've been quiet for a reason all week - a few "good luck burg posts"
It will be the burg's biggest athletic feat to win this one & I pray it goes down that way!
Go big burg!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Burg is basically the same way. They are not one dimensional on offense by any means. You can't key in on any one player. They run all kinds of offensive schemes.

I think the rain is going to play a huge factor in this game especially if it rains as hard as they are predicting.

Could end up one of those low scoring games won on a last second FG.
Idt, rain will play a roll to both teams. One will flex their stuff. One... Roundball.
ColdH20 gets the edge, but give'em hell burg!!

traf1
Varsity

Post by traf1 »

Good luck Burg from Hocking County!

Dicwag22
Waterboy

Post by Dicwag22 »

What time does this game start? Will it be on tv?

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

What's WNXT website?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Burg side has been overflowing since 6:15

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

time to see if burg is bigtime football or not

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

It would be awesome to have updates. I can't listen at my location.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

wrestlefan wrote:time to see if burg is bigtime football or not
So far so good.
Biggest chilly wet test tonight.

I got burg fan.com to play

But if anyone knows WNXT on iheartradio.
Please provide link.

I like burg fan.com

But wnxt's iheartradio' slink last week was much more informative about game last week.
PLEASE IM BEGGING FOR A DIRECT LINK TO IT ON IHEARTRADIO!

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
CWVoice wrote:2 things as I've just arrived:

You seem like a class act to me and have posted very respectfully as far as I can see. I still don't understand why we weren't designated the home team. We finished first in our region while CW finished 3rd in theirs and the bracket I saw at the regionals had us on top if we won which usually means home team. Other that the seating, which you say we got screwed on, it doesn't matter but it is a respect thing and SEO teams get none from the OHSAA.

Good luck to your Cavs tonight, just not to much. Hope it's an injury free game these kids and fans will remember for a very long time.

MAKE IT HAPPEN PIRATES!!
@ CWVoice..I agree...I prefer hilljack myself.

It's 100% about respect or lack thereof. It's a shame. The communities and county have shown they will follow the school/schools that have advanced and in great numbers. It's like the seat of power stereotypes the entire region. It probably costs a 100 dollars for a family of four to attend the game and they should be afforded the opportunity to have a seat if they so choose. JMO Good luck Burg and I hope both teams come out healthy!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

ColdH20 first possession ends up in ez score. Right down the field. Pass mostly.
Chs7
Whs0

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Burg's first possession.
Run for 4. 2/6
Howard skunked for run 3/6
Burg second penalty via chop block 4/1
3/out
Punt