D5 State Semi Finals - Ironton 22 Roger Bacon 19

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: D5 State Semi Finals - Ironton 22 Roger Bacon 19

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ironton had talent under the previous staff and they often under performed there were a lot of move ins then also but noone cares when your average or below

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

The Junior and Sophomore class has done pretty good too, most of the Line are Juniors.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:31 pm Ironton had talent under the previous staff and they often under performed there were a lot of move ins then also but noone cares when your average or below
I agree!!

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Like i said to discredit this staff shows a complete lack of knowledge im sorry its shows your speaking from a pure place of hate because it makes no sense everyone who paid any attention saw a difference the very first game this team was on the field under this staff period.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

And to take it a step further, I said he's done a great job. Just as Woodward has done a great job at Wheelersburg. But you don't see the constant Rob Woodward is the greatest, because he isn't. He isn't yet or close to Miller just as Pendleton isn't Bob Lutz. They have many years of success to even be considered in that conversation

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I dont want to name names but i know that i the 6 years the other coach was here at least 10 kids or more moved to Ironton and that is a lot and most of them started or played a lot but like i said before when your average noone cares

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: D5 State Semi Finals - Ironton vs Roger Bacon

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:54 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:32 pm
14U wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:39 pm Hope they got their fumbles out of their system tonight
You ain’t a kidding, it will kill us next week if it happens.
Give bacon some credit. A couple of them were forced.
A fumble is a fumble forced or not, they have to clean them up or next week will be a long night. I know Roger Bacon forced at least 2 of them, I watched the game.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:34 pm I dont want to name names but i know that i the 6 years the other coach was here at least 10 kids or more moved to Ironton and that is a lot and most of them started or played a lot but like i said before when your average noone cares
Again. I said he's done a great job. I don't know what kind of coach Vass was or Pendleton is for that matter. I don't know them personally, just what I've seen on the field. Pendleton obviously has a great love and passion for the game. He's young, had success personally, and relates to the players well I'm sure

Vass like Triplet before him had to follow a legend. Possibly the most successful coach in Ohio history. That wasn't easy. They had people stabbing them in the back day one because they weren't Lutz.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:53 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:34 pm I dont want to name names but i know that i the 6 years the other coach was here at least 10 kids or more moved to Ironton and that is a lot and most of them started or played a lot but like i said before when your average noone cares
Again. I said he's done a great job. I don't know what kind of coach Vass was or Pendleton is for that matter. I don't know them personally, just what I've seen on the field. Pendleton obviously has a great love and passion for the game. He's young, had success personally, and relates to the players well I'm sure

Vass like Triplet before him had to follow a legend. Possibly the most successful coach in Ohio history. That wasn't easy. They had people stabbing them in the back day one because they weren't Lutz.
I played for coach triplet the 1 and only year he was head coach at Ironton their was a huge difference between even him and vass. Vass was an assistant when i played i know them both. They have a big personality difference its nothing against coach vass he is a great guy but i feel triplet had a more tough nature and personality and i know everyone respected him he had the personality of an ironton team leader

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

First year triplet was here he got announced as the coach kind of late and we had a brutal schedule and still was in every single game that year except chillicothe every other loss was decided by 1 score or less

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:22 pm I actually love how you weirdos act like the coach has nothing to do with the ball player that carrico has become pure stupidity at a very high level. How much money would you bet that with the previous staff carrico would be at ohio state and ironton back to back state championship appearances? You know for a fact thats a lie plenty of teams i have seen with a lot of talent doesnt mean automatic state champs cut it out
Why sure he’s done a great job with carrico, but how many Carricos do you think are lining ironTons hall way? You think Burg wins state without Tanner Holden? Or does orrville win two years ago without Parks? Let’s revisit next year. If he’s in this same position next year, with no addins like he got the last two years, I’ll start putting him up there with the good ones.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:15 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:22 pm I actually love how you weirdos act like the coach has nothing to do with the ball player that carrico has become pure stupidity at a very high level. How much money would you bet that with the previous staff carrico would be at ohio state and ironton back to back state championship appearances? You know for a fact thats a lie plenty of teams i have seen with a lot of talent doesnt mean automatic state champs cut it out
Why sure he’s done a great job with carrico, but how many Carricos do you think are lining ironTons hall way? You think Burg wins state without Tanner Holden? Or does orrville win two years ago without Parks? Let’s revisit next year. If he’s in this same position next year, with no addins like he got the last two years, I’ll start putting him up there with the good ones.

Woodward hasn’t done it without Holden so keep him off the “good ones” list

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Under Vass staff Ironton averaged around 45/50 on roster.

Pendleton has averaged around 65/70.

I believe its not always about "better" as much as it is what is needed. After Lutz, Ironton needed a fresh, young, start. Vass wasnt that guy. His staff was not that. They were leftovers. The Vass hire was a layup for a program starting a new life after a long term relationship ended. ( Lutz)

Pendleton & staff brought a 21st century approach. Related more to the players & above all, DEVELOPMENT, DEVOLOPMENT, DEVELOPMENT!!!

5 things:

1 created excitement.
2. Increased talent pool
3 development
4 players shown results of development and more modern approach.
5. Set goals and attacked them

Vass was the Lutz leftover but Pendleton has had much quicker success than even Lutz ( in comparison) in his first 3 seasons at Ironton. Much like Lutz, his staff has been able to change the culture at Ironton.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:15 pm
So if you dont win state your not good like stop man you look like such a hater

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Tanner holden is grom another school so who cares

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

No coach at ironton has ever coached without move ins so stop. Bringing it up

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Your school has them also stop ignoring it

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Mr first take? You seem tipsy. You’re sentences aren’t coming out grammatically correct. :lol:

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

You sound like a sore loser

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ironton is getting to you bad and it shows dont come on here saying anything otherwise it shows in your post anybody with a half a brain can see it you wish that last coaching staff was here because you know that makes your team look better and they had a better chance to win

Return to “Football”