Playoffs: D4 #7 New Lexington (8-2) @ #2 Westfall (10-0)

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Westfall just too good

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Pikealum I don't remember did we get any saxks on your QB?
I know we get at least 5 to 10 sacks a game but cannot remember if we got any on piketon.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

The Teays Valley and Circleville games were better.

WF 21 TV 10
WF 31 CV 7

In the Piketon game, Gibson returned a pick, Hardin returned a fumble and a Joyce interception set the Mustangs up for an easy offensive score.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Bman Not to take anything from the game it was a good close one BUT I really don't put to much stock into the teays game. Granted A win is a win. but It was the first game, we were still working through some things and so was teays.Cain ewas not only trying to adjust to the offense we run but he was also adjusting to what to us was a small crowd to him was a rather large crowd. However I really believe if we played them week 3 that score would not be so close.

I thought it was 2 interceptions with Piketon, just couldn't remember who got them all.

jkumpire
Waterboy

Please

Post by jkumpire »

Just keep thinking that NL is as good as Piketon. You are probably right, so tell the coach to start your JV and Freshmen against us. He's seen tape already so he knows you're right.

We will try and keep it entertaining until halftime, and we have a really nice band you will enjoy listening to as you head to the exits....

Will officiate anything-- But Baseball Season is Never Far Away!
bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

I agree about both Teays Valley and Westfall working on things but it was still a four quarter game compared to Piketon, which was over at the end of three.

jk, nice try. I think everyone here knows Nex Lex is better than Piketon. They're in the playoffs to begin with and Piketon isn't. You can count on Westfall being ready for this ballgame and they'll bring everything they got.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Actually JK I think from what I read and seen in the video's that New Lex is more like circleville.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Panthers by 7

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

I think Westfall is the best team in region 15 this year. However, I thought New Lex was all of last year and Bellaire kind of ruined that for me so maybe my opinion shouldn't count.

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

I dont care to debate how good New Lex is. I am proud of my Panthers. Getting into the playoffs and playing in week 11 is something to be proud of.

I know that you have to be a good football team to win 8 games. A lot of people picked us to be 6-4 or 5-5. Here we are in week 11.

New Lex fans and alums all over Southeastern Ohio and the USA believe in the Panthers. We love em no matter what. But I think if they believe, if they step up and play their hearts out. New Lex can WIN.

We sure have nothing to lose.

PANTHER STRONG !!!

mstangmom, chck email. thanks

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

If you have to be good to win 8 games then what are you is you win 10 games? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

[quote="mstangmom"]If you have to be good to win 8 games then what are you is you win 10 games? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

great ;-)

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

as long as westfall comes out and plays the way they always do its theirs. but if they slip up by by chances of this win.

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

How many SEOP folks are coming to this game?
PM me and if enough want to we will all meet. I will figure out a good place.

DEmaniac
Waterboy

Post by DEmaniac »

newlexpanthers, 1 post on here so far? Suprising. I like your team. I also like westfall but I think the panthers have played a tougher schedule but I just cant go with them at the mustang home field. I think it will be a close game. I just cant get a good feel on this game. If westfall makes some mistakes, ie interceptions here and there, NL could win this game. Just a hard matchup to judge. Good luck to both and NO INJURIES!

Looking out over the Ohio river, waiting for the tranquility that is NOT Friday night Football!!
mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

..LOL..actully 3.

Having an very stressfull and rough few days.

but, I will be lighting this thread up as the week goes on !

DEmaniac
Waterboy

Post by DEmaniac »

GO FOR IT^^^^^

Good luck to both teams but I am actually partial to the panthers and hope they win. I just think the Mustang program is getting real good as like the panthers so I have a hard time determining who will win.

Looking out over the Ohio river, waiting for the tranquility that is NOT Friday night Football!!
mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

[quote="DEmaniac"]GO FOR IT^^^^^

Good luck to both teams but I am actually partial to the panthers and hope they win. I just think the Mustang program is getting real good as like the panthers so I have a hard time determining who will win.[/quote]

The key to this game will be the New Lexington offensive line. They are going to have to come up big. The Tri Valley game got out of control because we couldnt run the football and control the clock. Tri Valley forced New Lexington into numerous 3rd and 10+. We are not the kind of team that can throw the ball to catch up. If Westfall can force New Lex to throw the ball and play from behind, Westfall will win.

If New Lex can run the football and put some long drives together, our defense can keep us close enough to win the game late

Our Quarterback is Sophmore Clint Cannon who has a good arm and can move around well. He really seems to struggle under pressure. So the rushing attack with Sr TB Will Hicks and Junior FB RJ Starkey will be huge Saturday night.

joe hemsley
Waterboy

Post by joe hemsley »

Coach Keller will not let his staff or players underestimate the Panthers.

I am sure the Mustangs realize the type of smash mouth league that the MVL is and they are facing a very good opponent. I still like the Mustangs and wish Coach Keller the best throughout the playoffs.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

NLP, NOTE I am not bragging )put that in there cause I seen where JK likes to exaggerate a little over on the MVL forum :lol: ) but what you are talking about is exactly what this team does. If you read the articles from the gazette (the link I posted earlier) you will see that NO team got over like a 125 yds(Not exact I my be off a few) on this defense the entire game. the mustang line just busts through and is all over whoever has the ball, running against this team is next to impossible. they have forced every team to pass the ball. that is why we score so many points on defense. 1st half opponents try running the ball the see it is not working 2nd half they start to pass ofter we intercept 3 or 4 for TDs they return to the run. thats how it has happened all season and these boys will do their best to do it again

Return to “Football”