Playoffs:D4 #8 Rock Hill (7-3) @ #1 St. Clairsville (10-0)

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

And as I stated in a earlier post... I am pulling for Rock Hill to win this one.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I am pulling for Rock Hill in this ball game.

bigrhfan
Waterboy

Post by bigrhfan »

I am pulling for Rock Hill! It would be great to see them win this. Good Luck RH! I'll be there with you all the way!!

Strong side
Riding the Bench

Post by Strong side »

Wasn't it 99 when ironton went in as 8 and played in massilon for a championship anything can happen and something crazy usually does GOOD LUCK HILL!!!

DevilBacker
Waterboy

Post by DevilBacker »

Rock Hill is a very big physical football team. They are pretty much your basic southern ohio football team, big line, hard nosed backs, and a stout defense. What may be overlooked is their spread formation although it hasnt been shown much.

St.C has a lot of speed. People doubted thier line play at the beginning of the year but these guys have passed that test. 2 "skills" have over 700 yards rushing on the season in Vincent(qb) and Cullen(rb). Also, Hynes(wr) has been in the backfield recently and has had 2 100 yard games. Dont overlook the passing game though. Vincent has a gun of an arm and Hynes is great pass reciever. Behind Hynes you have too look for Shanks, Kemo, Pata, and the big tight end Mehl(son of former NY Jets/ Penn State/ Bellaire linebacker Lance Mehl) who is also a great blocker.

In this one, i just see too much speed for RH to Handle.
St.C- 24
Rock Hill- 6

I would also like to send out some love to the 'Burg. Great fans, Great Coaches, Great players, and most of all, A Great Team. Good Luck From Red Devil Country.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Just can't see Rock Hill stayin' with St. C. past halftime. Too much speed on the Red Devils' side.

I remember goin' to Ironton many moons ago to watch St. C. beat Ironton in playoffs, then going over to Ashland to party with some Kentucky girls.

Rock Hill has a nice resume, but I'm feelin' St. C. in the state semi's this year. I could be wrong, but you see, I'm feelin' it and when I get those feelings it usually comes to fruition. :roll:

It wouldn't surprise me to see Rock Hill NOT SCORE.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

RedmenPirate wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:No Contest!
SC is going to have no trouble!

Sorry RH!

Careful NM. Why is it no contest, because they took it to the Burg? Maybe Burg decided not to play very well that night? Anything can happen! Remember a few years ago when little #8 seed Centerburg rolled into Ed Miller stadium and ended the Pirates' season? (Actually, you probably don't since you're a newbie) Anyways, thanks for supporting local teams!

Go Hill! Beat St. Clairsville!
Go Burg! Beat Ridgewood!

Who said I was a "newbie"?
yeah I was there!
I was ALSO there to watch SC!
Have you seen SC???

This has nothing to do with the way the Burg played!
My prediction is based upon the SC team that I seen play!
and to see them finish strong, says ALOT!!

Another thing you're preaching to the choir when you say that anyone could beat anyone, cause i've been saying it ALL season long!
But Here you go I am cheering for all local teams as you will read in ALL my posts, but I do not see RH coming close in this one!
So know a little more about someone BEFORE you trash them!

SORRY, Go RH!

fblvr
Waterboy

Post by fblvr »

Good luck, Rock Hill. I'm glad to see an OVC team make it in the post season. I know that you will represent us with pride. :)

craziefan135
Waterboy

Post by craziefan135 »

I am also wanting RH to win this game! I see that there are quite a few people on here that don't think RH can win this game, but I believe in these boys! Rock Hill seems to me, as they have just as much talent as St. C, just have to play all 4 quarters of the game with high intensity and no mistakes.... What teams have done in the regular season does not matter any more at this point - Playoffs = A whole new season! I think if RH opens up the offense, plays tough "D" and can control the tempo then they will be successful - This RH team has the talent and potential to surprise alot of people.... Let's go REDMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

They're fighting an uphill battle
but i hope ur right craziefan!
the more area teams that win the better!

rockhill029
Waterboy

Post by rockhill029 »

I will have to say Rock Hill will win this one. Go Hill. We're Proud of You. And we'll be there cheering you on. GO HILL :-D

DevilBacker
Waterboy

Post by DevilBacker »

Does anyone have any good stats on Hill? Maybe a school or football team website? All is much appreciated.

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

Pulling for the Hill.

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Good luck and safe travel to the Redmen Nation! Bring back the victory!

Once a Tiger (or Tigerette), always a Tiger!
Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Neutron Man wrote:No Contest!
SC is going to have no trouble!

Sorry RH!

SO this is talking trash?
By saying no contest and then apologizing!
I NEVER said that they are the worst team in history and that it is even gonna be a blowout, just no trouble!

Yeah I see it say that I think they should hang it up and not show in that comment! That is putting words in my mouth!

THIS IS THE ONLY LOCAL TEAM THAT I DIDNT OFFFCIALLY WISH LUCK TO! Until later in the post!

And I guess spending 7 years with a team right out of graduation from another schools makes me a Newbie! 7 YEARS!!
What was i suppose to do support them at another school?

AND AGAIN GOOD LUCK ROCK HILL!
It's a Tough place to play!

Boo-Duh
JV Team

Post by Boo-Duh »

DevilBacker wrote:Does anyone have any good stats on Hill? Maybe a school or football team website? All is much appreciated.

http://www.rockhill.org/hs/Athletics/Fo ... l_2007.htm

Good luck Redmen!!

Before you decide to repeat a story, ask yourself three questions: 1) Is it true (Eph. 4:25)? 2) Is it kind (Eph. 4:32)? 3) Is it necessary (Eph. 4:29)? If not, please don't repeat it (Lev. 19:16; Prov. 11:13; 16:28; 17:9; 18:8; 1 Tim. 5:13).
Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Sorry to all from Rock Hill, but St. C is going to walk away with this one. Rock Hill will find out what HS football is all about in their trip to the upper Ohio Valley......

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Folks, there have been far more greater upsets in football than the possibility of a RH win at st Clairsville this Saturday....of course the Redmen are the underdogs, but qoutes like steely dan's are just plain dumb...."RH is going to find out what HS football is all about"....I guess the 3 times playing Ironton in the playoffs was a biddy league game compared to this week??? Give me a break, both teams put their pants on 1 leg at a time.... :roll:

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Steely Dan wrote:Sorry to all from Rock Hill, but St. C is going to walk away with this one. Rock Hill will find out what HS football is all about in their trip to the upper Ohio Valley......

Come on redmenpirate is this guy wrong also!
This is worse than what I said!

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Ok I will say this ,Rock Hill don't use the coaches head sets in the press box?????? .Somehow the Red Devils knew every play the Burg ran before they ran it formations and all calling them out before the snap.Now either we are that dum in southern ohio or they are that smart. GO HILL

Return to “Football”