Vinton Co.
Portsmouth
At Gallia Academy
At Marietta
At Ironton
Chillicothe
Logan
Zanesville

IM NOT SURE YET IF THE ZANESVILLE GAME IS HOME OR AWAY anything else you need to kno post it

ironman02
SEOP

Re: Jackson Ironmen 2008

Post by ironman02 »

Zanesville was scheduled to be a home game for this year.

I really hope that Hughes is back in Jackson when it's all said and done. He did a great job for the Ironmen last season and I would love to see him back for this coming season as well.

football_fan_09
Waterboy

Post by football_fan_09 »

i agree totally he was a tremendous ball player and i did some investigating last night and it is said for him to be coming back soon!!! you know what that means :-D....he was always a jackson ironmen and i think always will be lets here it for HUGHES!!!!!

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Jackson sure could use him this season!!!!!

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

i have a really good feeling from what ive seen if ur gonna beat us thee ironmen u gotta take it there no us giving it to you

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

I heard Hughes is back in Jackson again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Right now is how you win football games. You have to have big numbers in the weight room getting stronger for next season. Winning is an IRONMEN TRADITION and the people of this town doesn't see it any other way. So, the time is here to be getting prepared for next season.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

JacksonI wrote:i have a really good feeling from what ive seen if ur gonna beat us thee ironmen u gotta take it there no us giving it to you

I hope you're right. The turnovers last year absolutely killed the Ironmen. If they take care of the football this season, I think they'll be just fine.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Turnovers hurt bad,but I think the size of their line will be down this year.I was always told you don't have to be big to play football,you just have to be strong,fast and not afraid to hit or take a hit!!!!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

JHS4EVER wrote:I heard Hughes is back in Jackson again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard he is staying at Piketon. Has the young man enrolled at Jackson yet?
If not he will be playing for the Redstreaks

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

ryan hughes is back in jackson..enrolled in the schools and has been hitting the weight room with Jackson Ironmen Football Program

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

JacksonI wrote:ryan hughes is back in jackson..enrolled in the schools and has been hitting the weight room with Jackson Ironmen Football Program

Very good to hear. Glad to have him back.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

When did he enroll?

GrumpyOldFish
Freshman Team

Post by GrumpyOldFish »

How is everything looking in the weight room? Attendance, standouts, etc?

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

well everything is looking good we have alot of kid putting up outstand numbers on bench squat and powerclean......and the attendance is kinda down but thats mainly due to track and baseball once those two sports finish there will be more kids in the attendance.....anything else ?

red_it_is
Waterboy

Post by red_it_is »

So if the Ironmen are in the weight room conditioning now, what are the ages that they start their conditioning for football? What are the younger ones looking like coming up to the high school level of play? What is your opinion for the younger players are they looking stronger?weaker?or about the same? :?:

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

To condition in the weight room/agility kids can start coming while there in 8th grade now moving onto 9th next year. And as far as the kids moving to the high school level there is a few looking pretty well Daniel Woods currently in 8th grade is fast strong everything you're looking for in a linemen..he'll add a good addition to the freshmen team..As far as I've seen and heard there are around 60 percent of the underclass men getting stronger..they'll all get there it just might take some time...anything else let me know?

woodsman
Waterboy

Post by woodsman »

Glad to hear Ryan is doing well there he would have been a nice fit for Piketon but to talk to him his heart was always in Jackson can someone up date me on how he is doing in the weight room and what is going on with his recruting.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

He is on the track team throwing the shot and discus and doing very well.

GrumpyOldFish
Freshman Team

Post by GrumpyOldFish »

The fullback and middle linebacker will probably be Cody Ewing if he stays with the team. I don't really see Haller being able to run the ball the way Jackson uses their fullbacks, he could be the other linebacker though.

Return to “Football”