Northwest Mohawks Head Coach-2008?

bengalfan76
SE

Re: Northwest Mohawks Head Coach-2008?

Post by bengalfan76 »

Maybe Randy can turn the NW program around like he did the POCA DOTS!

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

Do you really think that a new coach can turn this program around??I'm not trying to bash,I was just wanting some other opinions.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I don't think even Jim Tressel could turn the program around

pappy
Freshman Team

Post by pappy »

its death valley

hogfarmer
Riding the Bench

Post by hogfarmer »

[quote="bengalfan76"]Maybe Randy can turn the NW program around like he did the POCA DOTS![/quote]

If he were real, I would still say no.

I'm no expert on NW athletics, but it seems to me they are constantly looking for a new coach.........in multiple sports. Maybe, just maybe, the best thing they can do for any program is to hire a coach that is committed to them, and they to him, for an extended period of time to see if they can actually build a program. Hard to get kids excited year in and year out when they are constantly changing coaches.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

hogfarmer wrote:
bengalfan76 wrote:Maybe Randy can turn the NW program around like he did the POCA DOTS!

I'm no expert on NW athletics, but it seems to me they are constantly looking for a new coach.........in multiple sports. Maybe, just maybe, the best thing they can do for any program is to hire a coach that is committed to them, and they to him, for an extended period of time to see if they can actually build a program. Hard to get kids excited year in and year out when they are constantly changing coaches.

Maybe the best comment I have read about the program.

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

Even if they do hire someone who is committed, after that persons contract is up then you know that they'll be in the same position then as they are now.I just can't understand why,not just football,but all their sports are like this?Is there something in the water when you start out 348??lol...I mean this school is big and with the numbers they have, they could have a solid program with some talent.I don't know what their deal is.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I think that Northwest just has lack of interest in the sporting events.

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

I think that maybe they do have some interest, but just don't have the fight in 'em or the will to win.

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

Yes I agree that they do have the numbers for track, BUT what about football, soccer, baseball, basketball and all the other sports they have??I've seen decent amount of kids come out, but not as much as they need!

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

bengalfan76 wrote:
hogfarmer wrote:
bengalfan76 wrote:Maybe Randy can turn the NW program around like he did the POCA DOTS!

Maybe the best comment I have read about the program.

DITTO!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Bid was up on Friday. Any word on who applied.

tri_state
Waterboy

Post by tri_state »

I know Daryl Davis applied

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

hogfarmer wrote:

That's a good point...but I must say Northwest has had the same varsity basketball "Rick Scarberry" coach for some time now (and this year he has a team that could win the s.o.c or come pretty dang close)

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

all-time athlete wrote:
hogfarmer wrote:

That's a good point...but I must say Northwest has had the same varsity basketball "Rick Scarberry" coach for some time now (and this year he has a team that could win the s.o.c or come pretty dang close)

That maybe true, but it really is too bad they can't do that with their football program.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

Scotty Thompson.

Bigboy52
All State

Post by Bigboy52 »

I knew Scott applied but, did he get the job?

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

No, not yet. Just wishful thinking.

ddavis
Waterboy

Post by ddavis »

I thought long and hard about it but in the end I didn't go through with it. Snuff Smith was my coach, a friend, and a former colleague. Scot Thompson is his son-in-law. Another applicant is very close to me. I will not stand in either of these mens way. They may not of wanted me anyway. There are some great people out at Northwest and I wish them the very best. D.Davis

Return to “Football”