SVC FOOTBALL

SEfan2007
Riding the Bench

Post by SEfan2007 »

Well her logo is a dog driving a car. She must know more then we mere mortals. :roll:

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Mikepike I hear Piketon may be gaining a couple.

OSU BUCKS FAN
Freshman Team

Post by OSU BUCKS FAN »

all i have too say is wait until august !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO STREAKS!!!!!!!!!!!1 8)

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

bengalfan76 wrote:Mikepike I hear Piketon may be gaining a couple.

Who might they be gaining?

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
3 Step Drop
Freshman Team

Post by 3 Step Drop »

I think Southeastern this year will be the Dark Horse in the league. They return basically everyone besides 2 Lineman and 1 RB. This team is fast and strong, just have to work on the numbers.

ausa
Waterboy

Post by ausa »

i dont understand how people think teams like SE, and Zt that return alot, but were never very good to begin with, will be good this year...
seems like this happens every year

wing-t
Riding the Bench

Post by wing-t »

ausa
i dont understand how people think teams like SE, and Zt that return alot, but were never very good to begin with, will be good this year...
seems like this happens every year

Because people like you will over look them..................

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Good coaching and numbers = succes(most of the time)
Its a new season so why can't those teams do well?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

101 it would be right to name kids until it happen

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

mstangmom wrote:I would guess Cobb to be the go to guy this season OSU BUCKS FAN along with Cline. they would be the main 2 unless someone from the younger guys shows them up.

Sports I may be putting a lot of faith in the up coming boys from the JV team but for 10 of the 13 weeks the mustangs played the ONLY Varsity team that scored more than 7 points on our JV was Unioto. and those boys played 1 1/2 to 2 quarters in those 10 games. so until a team shows up next season to prove those boys wrong I am going to have to stick to my guns and say they are the ones to beat again.
I was reading all these wonderful post and just had to say something....Now in my experience when one team puts in the backups 2nd and 3rd stringers the other team most likely will throw in the towl to. So how does your JV get all this experience against the other teams varsity. I am assumming that these games are blowouts at least I hope so. Cause I don't know any coaches that make whole sale subs just to see how they will do in a close game.
GO BUCKS GO!!!!!!! :?:

3 Step Drop
Freshman Team

Re:

Post by 3 Step Drop »

[quote="ausa"]i dont understand how people think teams like SE, and Zt that return alot, but were never very good to begin with, will be good this year...
seems like this happens every year[/qu

Didn't you know that Southeastern and Zane Trace were predominately a Sophomore and Junior team? i mean Zt had a lot more Seniors then SE but they both return people who are experienced at the varsity level. SE only looses 3 guys.. and trust me they have kids that can fill their shoes, as well with ZT. Watch out with these two teams in the few up coming years, they will be at the top part of the league

bman618
Varsity

Re: SVC FOOTBALL

Post by bman618 »

Westfall's junior varsity probably at least got 6-8 quarters of work against the other team's varsity before that team put in its reserves. Most games were over by halftime and the backups came in during the third quarter as the starters hit the bench.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

bman618 wrote:Westfall's junior varsity probably at least got 6-8 quarters of work against the other team's varsity before that team put in its reserves. Most games were over by halftime and the backups came in during the third quarter as the starters hit the bench.

Yes this helps... but sometimes when you are down by so much the other teams starters tend to give up.

big mac
Waterboy

Post by big mac »

It also helps that fresh players are coming in after half time against tired and battered players who are probably playing both sides of the ball. That gives the reserve players an immediate advantage.

As started before, most all teams except Westfall don't have the numbers to play 90% seniors. Most every other team started at least 4 or 5 sophs and maybe a freshman or two.

If SE only had 3 seniors and Westfall had 18 that is a huge advantage. Maybe when these other schools get to playing boys with 4 years of high school experience and 4 years of better coaching they will catch up. Numbers make a difference.

OSUNUT52
Waterboy

Post by OSUNUT52 »

Zane Trace will have a much better team this year than they did last year it will be the second year in a new offense, and they played a lot of under classmen last year the one thing I notice was they were rather predictable on the play calling now they will add 10 to 20 new plays this year which should help. should be lead by Maxwell,McCollough,Haynes, Jones, Ecarard spelling on that last name there is off prediction of 6 to 8 wins

Unioto is going to be a young team but they did get some meaning full playing time at some key positions the one thing that really really hurt them was no size at all on the line they do have very nice freshman class coming in but the question is who will be coaching they still have not resigned Kurt because of grievances still being settled prediction 2 to 4 wins

Westfall well you are the champ until someone beats you although they did lose some key players many young players got a lot of playing time and they have a great coaching staff up there, that will have this team ready do not under estimate how much 4 extra weeks of practice does for a ball club can Cain keep up his numbers this year prediction 7 to 9

OSUNUT52
Waterboy

Post by OSUNUT52 »

Paint Valley is was supposed to be the season that they returned to there glory days but I do no think that will be the case they do have some very winnable non conference games should win at least 2 of them this team will be lead by Matt Workman Colton Morris and Gage McFadden although they very well could be on top of the SVC this year I just don't think they will be able to pull in the championship prediction 6 to 8 wins

I will have a break down of every team this year before the season begins i took last year off due to building a house but it nice to back

Return to “Football”