WK 8 (7-0) West @ (6-1) Minford (Co-Game of Week)

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Re: WK 8 (7-0) West @ (6-1) Minford (Co-Game of Week)

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Another prime time SOC 2 game of the week....What a year in the SOC 2...great teams with great matchup...Get ready boys it will be tough at Minford...GO WEST!!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

West is still the best team I have seen this year. Minford let one get away from them at Burg. To many turnovers and that cost them. Ill go with West 28 to Minford 7. I do want to say Mnfords backs really run hard and wont go down easy, There will be some hard hits this week.

SSU Grad
Riding the Bench

Post by SSU Grad »

Portsmouth and West in 1984. Both were 9-0.
Back then only the top 2 teams in the region made the playoffs.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
NewEra wrote:MadDog.. get a grip son. Take away 3 turnovers and minfords wins this game going away. Should have been 14-0 early. I look for a very angry minford ball club to come out early and often against west. I see Joel Williams having a big game on the ground.

Yea, take away the two penalties when Burg was driving it down the field and Burg has two more scores on the board. After the penalties, as well as moving them back, it took some of the momentum out of them.

IMO, this is a must win for either, probably more so for West then Minford as they are setting at 7th in the computer poll. A loss will more than likely take them out of the top 8 and put them in a position to have to win the last two weeks.

i agree with you yabba. as for what u said newera. minford came into this game knowin that burg was good on both sides of the ball. you can't have turnovers in this kinda game and expect to win. i'm sorry but IMHO the better team won the game

DaRecGuy
Freshman Team

Post by DaRecGuy »

I will say one thing if Minford does not TACKLE better than they did against Burg they are going to be in for a long night. They do not wrap up at all, with the exception of the Williams boy. The running backs from West are bigger and run harder than Burg's. By the way I noticed his ankle was heavily tapped in the second half against Burg, does anyone know if he is alright for this week?

grovesboy83
Waterboy

Post by grovesboy83 »

Code: Select all

[code][code][b]west is the best team out there aroung right now,Dale will run all over Minford like there there not evan there
we will win[/b][/code][/code]

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

grovesboy83 wrote:

Code: Select all

[code][code][b]west is the best team out there aroung right now,Dale will run all over Minford like there there not evan there
we will win[/b][/code][/code]

See dick run see jane cheer :lol:

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

How great it is to be a SOC 2 fan this year, very good chance for 3 teams to be playing in week 11 and 2 hosting that first week. Big game for both teams this week, I look for WEST to be ready for minford with another great game plan and that d what else needs to be said, other than that 3 headed monster on the other side of the ball. WEST by 3tds

Uncle C
Riding the Bench

Post by Uncle C »

Minford should have won the game Friday against wheelers burg......to many turnovers........they know it ,,,nothing to look at know ,,,,they have 3 +more games to go ........I got to take the team Ive seen all year Minford 28 over West 14

on week ten....................we will be looking at a three way tie ....for the SOC2

And i hope for minford they get to play wheelersburg again in playoffs

GO RED
GO FALCONS
on another prediction west 34 wheelersburg 14

west_fan2008
Waterboy

Post by west_fan2008 »

West will beat Minford 21-17
West will go deep into the playoffs IF their D-fence keeps play n the way they are.

grovesboy83
Waterboy

Post by grovesboy83 »

thats right we will win i dont know what the margin would be but id say it would be out a touchdown or 2
go west

grovesboy83
Waterboy

Post by grovesboy83 »

thats right we will win i dont know what the margin would be but id say it would be out a touchdown or 2
go west

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

groves boy, I bet that Coach Tripp would not be happy to see you on here talkin smack, when you should be getting ready for this weeks game...Oh by the way, you should probably try to be more incospicuous, as your last name and number are a dead give away of who you are. Not very smart. :roll:

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

MuletownManiac wrote:groves boy, I bet that Coach Tripp would not be happy to see you on here talkin smack, when you should be getting ready for this weeks game...Oh by the way, you should probably try to be more incospicuous, as your last name and number are a dead give away of who you are. Not very smart. :roll:

Maybe he's a family member, Parent? How do you know and why do you care? Has he said anything wrong? He expects to win and that is good.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

MuletownManiac wrote:groves boy, I bet that Coach Tripp would not be happy to see you on here talkin smack, when you should be getting ready for this weeks game...Oh by the way, you should probably try to be more incospicuous, as your last name and number are a dead give away of who you are. Not very smart. :roll:

I think Coach Tripp has to worry about other things players might do...let them talk smack it only helps the other teams...he wasn't even talking smack though...every player thinks their team will win

burggrad_2000
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad_2000 »

siderman wrote:

Maybe he's a family member, Parent? How do you know and why do you care? Has he said anything wrong? He expects to win and that is good.

I agree 100%...he has not said anythign bad....EVERY TEAM expects to win, if not there something wrong with them....

Good Luck to BOTH teams on a injury free game....i am pulling for Minford in this game...time will tell.

If it Friday yet??? LOL

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

I think that West's lack of a tough schedule catches up with them on Friday!
Minford wins a close one! 21-14

grovesboy83
Waterboy

Post by grovesboy83 »

well if i was talking smack you would know, im just saying my thoughts,which i do think we will win but thats jus me

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

well grovesboy83 I have to disagree with you I have said WEST by "3tds" but what do I know, just a fan but 1 or 2 tds will do

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

west should have thier way running the ball since the burg didn't pass the ball one time and still beat the best team minford has ever had. west backs are way to big for minford to tackle west by 3 tds

Return to “Football”