Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WEEK 1 IRONTON @WHEELERSBURG -- YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by noreply66 »

I was on another popular site this morning and they haven't had a new post under the football forum for almost 30 days.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well fellers, let's hope it picks up here later in the summer.
I am still happy to be talkin football, no matter how infrequently it is.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:well fellers, let's hope it picks up here later in the summer.
I am still happy to be talkin football, no matter how infrequently it is.
I happy to talk football 365 days a years!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ME TOO HOSS.================= DON'T WANNA RUSH SUMMER, BUT I LOVES ME FOOTBALL MAN.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

cbolt wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I'D LIKE TO SEE BURG PLAY LOGAN LHS. HAVE THE 2 EVER PLAYED EACH OTHER. THEY ARE A DANG GOOD MEASURING STICK OF WHAT KIND OF PROGRAM YOU HAVE.
I can remember Wheelersburg came to Logan one year for the first scrimmage of the year, I believe it was either 1986 or 87 and they waxed Logan!
they have built a fine program there at burg bolt. it is a huge challenge every year. for years ironton just tanked the burg. and now the tides have turned. it's gonna take a big effort to knock them off the mountain.at least here locally anyway. especially when teams the size of logan and Jackson struggle with them.and we generally play them twice a year. used to be the road to the region went right through tiger town, like it or not. and the tigers have whipped up on a lot of people. now burg has secured that spot. and they are now the team you have to beat to get anywhere.and as far as ironton, people who wanted nothing to do with us previously are frothin' at the mouth to schedule us. the tiger team has to answer that bell now. use to be teams were beat when the greyhound showed up. now people are saying park that bus here. we want a shot.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

cbolt wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I'D LIKE TO SEE BURG PLAY LOGAN LHS. HAVE THE 2 EVER PLAYED EACH OTHER. THEY ARE A DANG GOOD MEASURING STICK OF WHAT KIND OF PROGRAM YOU HAVE.
I can remember Wheelersburg came to Logan one year for the first scrimmage of the year, I believe it was either 1986 or 87 and they waxed Logan!
i don't ever remember burg playin logan in the regular season

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

They haven't just preseason,I think it was the first year Logan quit scrimmaging Portsmouth for the first scrimmage of the year in the middle 80's.I wasn't there but remember me and my girlfriend driving by the field and couldn't believe the scoreboard when we saw it because Logan was supposed to be pretty good that year,but again it was just the first scrimmage of the year so it might not have been a good gauge.They just scrimmaged that one year then they started scrimmaging Lancaster

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote:They haven't just preseason,I think it was the first year Logan quit scrimmaging Portsmouth for the first scrimmage of the year in the middle 80's.I wasn't there but remember me and my girlfriend driving by the field and couldn't believe the scoreboard when we saw it because Logan was supposed to be pretty good that year,but again it was just the first scrimmage of the year so it might not have been a good gauge.They just scrimmaged that one year then they started scrimmaging Lancaster
Never knew Logan even ran the scoreboard for scrimmages at the old field on the hill top, Just a scrimmage, figure Logan would save electric just being a scrimmage. :lol: :lol: What street was you on when you seen it? It couldn't have been Market St, you couldn't see the front of the scoreboard anytime looking from that end driving by. :lol: :lol: Hard to see from Jennison too from the visitors stands and pine trees, long way to see it from spring also. I never could understand why the didn't move that scoreboard elsewhere, heck the visitors in them stands had a hard time seeing it when they added on to the bleachers. I heard some complaining going on about it at times. If the Burg did well against that 87 team they had to be good. Loved to have seen a real game though about mid season with Burg, Chiefs was pretty well loaded that year.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

You could easily see the score going down Spring St. between them houses also through that gate I believe if the bleachers weren't in the way, going up that hill by the pool you could look behint and see it sideways if you had good eyes, but not as good as Spring St.I can remember my senior up there against Portsmouth we had the scoreboard on it said 20-0 by the end of the scrimmage.They don't use it until the down and distance starts for game portion of the scrimmage.Burg was good that year they finished first in their region I believe finishing 10-2,they had a real good run from 86-89

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I kinda figured that's where you was looking at from was on spring St between those two houses with that little drive going down in there. See it good from there but it's a ways down there. Down there on the left right in there was Danny Thomas's yard. I use to watch games in his yard for free. He always had a bunch of people come and watch the game with him. Could not see the score board at all from his yard unless you stood all the way up on his fence line, and barely could see it then from the concession stand. :lol: :lol: You and ole MC out riding around that evening of the scrimmage, did ya get the Barbasol out later on that evening or what :?: :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Giving too much info there trench! We better let these people have their thread back. ;)

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Giving too much info there trench! We better let these people have their thread back. ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

no worries ya'll. glad to be talking football.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

at least not from this poster anyhoo.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Just like every year... I can't wait till this one gets here. Although I think the pirates will win handily, it's always a good atmosphere!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i'll go out on a long limb here, and predict it will be hotter than satan's armpits grad.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:i'll go out on a long limb here, and predict it will be hotter than satan's armpits grad.
If that's the case I'm going to predicts some cramps :mrgreen:

Sorry couldn't resist

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I kinda was waiting for that in this topic anyway.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I kinda was waiting for that in this topic anyway.
You have to expect it. It happens every year.

Abe Froman
S

Re: WEEK 1 IRONTON @WHEELERSBURG BURG. YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by Abe Froman »

Abe Froman wrote:My guess is a:

After a month or so I am sticking with my prediction. Could be one of the most lopsided games we have seen in this series in a while.

Return to “Football”