D4 R15 Semifinal: Ironton (7-4) vs. Johnstown-Monroe (11-0)

fightingtigers45
S

Re: D4 R15 Semifinal: Ironton (7-4) vs. Johnstown-Monroe (11

Post by fightingtigers45 »

1:51 drive time to Logan on crap roads.

2:00 drive time to Hamilton Township on 23.

Rather be on 23. Kids will be ready for the game regardless.

inthezone
Waterboy

Post by inthezone »

We as Ironton fans do this every year. Stop complaining. There is a bunch of schools who would love to be in out shoes. I have watched a lot of Tiger football games in my lifetime. I bleed orange and black. Lets just appreciate where we are and how we got there. I have only one thing to say to our next opponent. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Pepsiman wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:if this was intended for me, i'm not badmouthing anybody. i not only been there as a player but have done some coaching as well.i refuse to talk ill about a high schooler, and will tell you right now i'm not. and fundamentals are fundamentals.just as tackling is wrapping somebody up, blockers cannot pass block downfield, you can't interfere with a reciever. and a back has a responsibily to hold onto the ball, it's that simple. everybody realizes these are kids, but more importantly they are young men. yes they make mistakes , the whole team does, the staff does, the band does, everybody does.but it is learning from those mistakes and not repeating them.and i was one that offered advice, and praise, i was turned away.

I think you should keep your mouth off the highschool kids and the coaching staff.
Its one thing to call a kid a name and blame him for a loss or what have you. But as YTB says you can talk about them as a team not tackling, not taking care of the ball, dropping passes, or what have you. How many times have you sat in the stands and heard statements like, 'my goodness we cant tackle', 'our pass defense is horrible','we cant pass block for anything'. Blanket statements like those are fine, but calling a kid out by name and then bad mouthing them takes it over the line. Even as fans we second guess coaches despite the fact they have forgotten more than any of us will ever know about the game. As a fan you can do that. Why do you think sites like these are so popular? Before it was small groups of fans getting together where ever they liked to gather to discuss the game, but now you can have a larger group of fans discussing the games and teams, the good, bad, and ugly.

More time on the Bus means rest time as well as time to sit and reflect on what you have to do that night. As a player I didnt care where we had to go or how long we had to be on the Bus. All I cared about was playing the game that night and doing my best. Like I said players dont care they just want to play the game. In college our defense had a motto, 'Put the ball down.' It didnt matter what the field conditions were, where it was, or if it was in the freaking parking lot just put the ball down and let us play the game.

ndngirl19
Waterboy

Post by ndngirl19 »

Fightingtigers 45, I'm glad we are still playing. I would much rather travel on 23 then 93. Yeah I know it looks like we are complaining, but really???? There were better options. The field at Hamilton doesn 't have the greatest seating, and you know no matter location Ironton brings fans. The ohsaa is well aware of that sweet contribution from this southern school. Anywho.... Looks like good travel weather on the 10 day forecasts. Go Tigers Go!!!!!

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

ndngirl19 wrote:Fightingtigers 45, I'm glad we are still playing. I would much rather travel on 23 then 93. Yeah I know it looks like we are complaining, but really???? There were better options. The field at Hamilton doesn 't have the greatest seating, and you know no matter location Ironton brings fans. The ohsaa is well aware of that sweet contribution from this southern school. Anywho.... Looks like good travel weather on the 10 day forecasts. Go Tigers Go!!!!!
Thats the real problem. Their stadium isn't that great. I remember the Oak Hill fans discussing this last year.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Southeast Ohio always has been and always be treated by the rest of the state as the land that time forgot. They will never change their mind but it is always fun to remind them that we are still here. How many championships has Massilon won since the playoff system began? ZERO.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

From way out in outer space...

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

kantuckyII wrote:From way out in outer space...

Great pics

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

Hamilton township is the same size as nelsonville as far as seating goes.the problem oakhill had last year was area people came to the game and took up most of the homeside seats.i seen circleville,amanda,westfall,grove city,whitehall,fan there and none of them would give there seats up to oakhill fans.plenty of parking,and good food there.i think with ironton being the away team should be ok with seats as for johnstown they will probably run into same problem oakhill fans did.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Up CLose n' Personal

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Pepsiman wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:if this was intended fhigh schooler, and will tell you right now i'm not. and fundamentals are fundamentals.just as tackling is wrapping somebody up, blockers cannot pass block downfield, you can't interfere with a reciever. and a back has a responsibily to hold onto the ball, it's that simple. everybody realizes these are kids, but more importantly they are young men. yes they make mistakes , the whole team does, the staff does, the band does, everybody does.but it is learning from those mistakes and not repeating them.and i was one that offered advice, and praise, i was turned away.
-------------i think you are trying to start poop with me it starts every year. i was not the party this was intended for. you pepsiman, are as bad as paladin in my opinion. the more you stir crap the worse it smells. that's why i have not even been down there spelling t-i-g-e-r-s- tigers.i'm 51 years old with a shot back, and two bum wheels. let some youngun do it. then when you do it somebody mouths off at you, not worth it. after several weeks of requests i did it twice last night. i'm not able to do it anymore. this has nothing to do with me, and never has. i challenge you to man up , and have someone tell you they heard me badmouth, i didn't, so that's that. you are probably cheesed coff because your team didn't make the cut.quit stirring crap like a lil schoolgirl. you wanna talk to me you know where to find me. you are no more than crap on the bottom of my boots. i won't respond again. it's getting hard to just be a devoted fan, with morons like you.
or me, i'm not badmouthing anybody. i not only been there as a player but have done some coaching as well.i refuse to talk ill about a

I think you should keep your mouth off the highschool kids and the coaching staff.
this is what pepsiman said.get over yourself.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Pepsiman wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:if this was intended for me, i'm not badmouthing anybody. i not only been there as a player but have done some coaching as well.i refuse to talk ill about a high schooler, and will tell you right now i'm not. and fundamentals are fundamentals.just as tackling is wrapping somebody up, blockers cannot pass block downfield, you can't interfere with a reciever. and a back has a responsibily to hold onto the ball, it's that simple. everybody realizes these are kids, but more importantly they are young men. yes they make mistakes , the whole team does, the staff does, the band does, everybody does.but it is learning from those mistakes and not repeating them.and i was one that offered advice, and praise, i was turned away.

-----------i think you are a whiny little twit that starts stuff every year, she obviously said it wasn't me, hell he's my cousin. you wanna find me you know where i am. grow up and become a man, not a snibbling lil twit.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
Pepsiman wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:if this was intended fhigh schooler, and will tell you right now i'm not. and fundamentals are fundamentals.just as tackling is wrapping somebody up, blockers cannot pass block downfield, you can't interfere with a reciever. and a back has a responsibily to hold onto the ball, it's that simple. everybody realizes these are kids, but more importantly they are young men. yes they make mistakes , the whole team does, the staff does, the band does, everybody does.but it is learning from those mistakes and not repeating them.and i was one that offered advice, and praise, i was turned away.
-------------i think you are trying to start poopy with me it starts every year. i was not the party this was intended for. you pepsiman, are as bad as paladin in my opinion. the more you stir crap the worse it smells. that's why i have not even been down there spelling t-i-g-e-r-s- tigers.i'm 51 years old with a shot back, and two bum wheels. let some youngun do it. then when you do it somebody mouths off at you, not worth it. after several weeks of requests i did it twice last night. i'm not able to do it anymore. this has nothing to do with me, and never has. i challenge you to man up , and have someone tell you they heard me badmouth, i didn't, so that's that. you are probably cheesed coff because your team didn't make the cut.quit stirring crap like a lil schoolgirl. you wanna talk to me you know where to find me. you are no more than crap on the bottom of my boots. i won't respond again. it's getting hard to just be a devoted fan, with morons like you.
or me, i'm not badmouthing anybody. i not only been there as a player but have done some coaching as well.i refuse to talk ill about a

this is what pepsiman said.get over yourself.
the second half of this was my response to pepsiman, i don't know why it posted like this.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Hamilton has more away seating than Amanda, so you'll have a little more room than this week.

Problem is there are no turf fields in Pickaway or Ross counties or otherwise the game probably would have been put there.

cant stop this
All State

Post by cant stop this »

55Buckeyes98 wrote:Not trying to make excuses, but when you have such a large region and Ironton is located on the southern tip of Ohio doesn't it seem you guys always might have to travel a bit more? If you were the higher seed how far would Johnstown had to travel? Probably Jackson which would be about the opposite of this distance? Good luck Sat!
Not really complaing because this just means one more road trip with some friends to watch the Tigers play, but last year Ironton was a higher seed than Bishop Hartley and they almost had half the travel we did, our 84 or so miles to their 49.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Pepsiman wrote:

i was talking about talking to my cousin 1 on 1 . not the team, i am not the coach.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Time for the ol man to tune in...........folks, it is playoff time.......put your football gear in the car....(Umbrella included)......get your tickets at Bob Linn's....and make your plans for food stops............

Saturday........2:30 head north on 52.....

Ribber in Portsmouth.........

Roosters or Frische's Big Boy in Chillicothe......

Gibby's in Circlevile.........................

directions to the field coming shortly.........l

cant stop this
All State

Post by cant stop this »

TTT you buying for everyone at Big boy?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The talented RB(Franklin) gets all of the pub for the johnnies but do not be shocked by how well their QB plays. He runs this offense very, very good and he can throw the ball on a dime, when needed.

Their defense hits hard and they get to the ball very fast.

This one could be a classic if the Tigers do not put the ball on the ground.
J-Town is use to the turf as they play all of their home games on it.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

cant stop this wrote:TTT you buying for everyone at Big boy?

make him buy at the Ribber, he can Afford it....

Return to “Football”