D III R12 Qtrs: #7 Jackson (10-0) at #2 Athens (10-0)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: D III R12 Qtrs: #7 Jackson (10-0) at #2 Athens (10-0)

Post by 93Bulldog »

Wow ... seems like Austin is doing well for you guys ...

You know that no matter what I92 and I02 - Jackson can't win one of the SEOAL Friday, right? I mean, if you lose - then you of course you lose and our top 2 teams in the TVC go 5-0 against the SEOAL ... If you win, its because you raided our league and stole one of our better athletes/QB ... :122246

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I'll gladly accept any insults that are given out as long as Jackson is 11-0 after Friday night. :)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yeah...bring on the closed threads next Fri after 10:30 pm.....we'll gladly read them during pregame of week 12.

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

Athens has a lot of momentum going into this game. Looking at Jackson's scores however, against 3 common SEOAL opponents Jackson clearly outplayed them compared to Athens. I look for a great game, but in the end I am going to have to go with Jackson.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

geeez, you outta be a politician I02.

Its cool we've already reached 2 pages and its only Saturday and the match-up isn't even official yet ... lol ... Also, I92 - you said it was a 'moot' point talking about the history between these two teams ... But I beg the differ buddy - it breaths life into a match-up that otherwise wouldn't exist if we were both playing a team from Springfield or something ... I think its a good idea we remind everyone (especially the kids playing) that their is a little bit of a rivalry with Athens & Jackson - it might bring more energy into the stands and perhaps even into the game itself with the players.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Forecast for Friday:

High: 56
Low: 40

Few Showers.

Judging by recent weather, this probably won't be accurate at all by Friday, but I figured I'd throw it out there anyway. Hopefully the rain gets out of here by gametime.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Don't get me wrong..I'm not a Jackson fan or pretending to be... I mean no disrespect to Athens... You have a very good football team but I think Jackson will remind you why you left the SEOAL!!!

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

Congats to both taems! Both are very deserving to be inthe playoffs.

I look for this to be a great game in a great atmosphere!
I,Ll make one guareteed prediction!
T,s gonna be a long week!
Good luck and GO RED!

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

TVC v/s SEOAL Championship.
Go TVC
Go bulldogs!!!!!!!!

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Athens has their best team since the 2003 squad which was lead by the great QB Grant Gregory. This version of the Bulldogs features two outstanding players, RB Devon Sharp and LB Mitch Rhider and a good supporting cast. I believe the Dogs have the potential to defeat a great Jackson team.

Now, I do believe Jackson is the better overall football team and if they play well they will win the game. This group of skill players (Osbourne, Ervin, McNally, Landrum, etc.) may be the best Jackson has ever seen. This is a special team that has the potential to do well in the playoffs.

Should be a helluva time in the Plains on Friday night! See ya'll there.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

LETS GO GREEN!!! MELT DOWN THE IRON!!!

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Speaking from the standpoint of watching each team against Warren. This has to be a pick-um game. Watched a lackluster game from both squads when Athens came to town, a game that could have gone either way. As for Jackson, the score did not indicate the game. Jackson can/did/does capitalize on opportunities presented them. So if the Bulldogs put the ball on the carpet, not take care of the ball passing, (like Warren did not do) and puts its defense in a short field position, this could be a long evening for them. On the other side, Jackson can be hurt on the ground/through the air at times, seems like they stop and take a breath and give the opponents windows of opportunity to put points on the board. Sharpe was the best back we faced all year. So this game should be a fans dream. Exciting High School Football. Good luck to both squads. You both deserve to be where you are. Play hard, play fair and enjoy your triumphs.

Bishtakes
Riding the Bench

Post by Bishtakes »

Words of wisdom to those from Jackson traveling to Rutter Field. Wear boots as your footwear will get muddy. Take extra money due to the fact that the school parking lots were full and my wife drove down a side street looking for a parking space with no luck and had to pay a resident $10.00 to allow her to park in their driveway. I told her she was lucky because Dave and Jimmy had to pay $20.00 each. There is one entrance so depending on where you park, you might have to walk for a while. There were no port a johns on the visitors side.
The playing surface looked great, but everything outide of it is not fan friendly.
While these are areas that might get attention later as time and money allow, this is by no means a slam to Athens, just a few issues that we encountered last week.
We installed our turf 6 years ago at Boston Field, and we still have issues that we are dealing with trying to make it accomodating.
With that...Good Luck

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Thanks again for the info.

93....Does it mean anything to either coach? The players don't remember enough of either big game. All that matters is this upcoming matchup. There is not one single need to motivate....game preparation, mindset and execution of the plays.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote:Thanks again for the info.

93....Does it mean anything to either coach? The players don't remember enough of either big game. All that matters is this upcoming matchup. There is not one single need to motivate....game preparation, mindset and execution of the plays.
I'm just trying to crank up the 'hype machine' I92 ... And lets face it - would you rather be playing an opponent that you have a little history with - or - Someone like Springfield Shawnee, who most people don't even know what colors they wear ...

BISHTAKES ... I wish you would have hollered at me last week - I would have only charged you $5.00 ... :mrgreen:

Well, wait a second ... That's if you contacted me before Friday ... After reading the Messenger Friday morning I probably would have charged ya at least $100.

JIronmen1120
Waterboy

Post by JIronmen1120 »

Coach Hall is gonna have em soo fired up friday night... gonna be an awesome night of football... good luck to both teams...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I know 93.....quite frankly we are probably each other's best matchup....but playing the teams you know nothing about in Nov....that really feels like the playoffs.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote:I know 93.....quite frankly we are probably each other's best matchup....but playing the teams you know nothing about in Nov....that really feels like the playoffs.
Well, we wouldn't know a lot about that feeling here in A-town ... But I'll be sure to let ya know what I think about it after week 12. 8)

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

i takin jackson by 6

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I watched the Ironmen beat my alma mater, Ironton several weeks ago. It was a great game with Jackson coming out on top. One thing that is a rarety in Tanks Memorial Stadium is that the Tigers leave the field with a loss. I watched the game from the endzone with a few fellows from Jackson and enjoyed the game and conversation. I believe Jackson will win this one. When they are on their game, they are hard to stop. The Tigers kept going ahead but Jackson kept roaring back. I look for it to be a good game with Jackson coming out on top.

Return to “Football”