Re: Soc II predictions?

Post by eddie »

West won they were the better team end of store. Its 2009 now

1- Burg
2- VHS ---much improved team
3- West
4- MHS/waverly
5- NW
Last edited by eddie on Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

teams are lead by their seniors. if the burg is coming in with 18-19 seniors (that get along with each other) then they will be very successful Team.

Ace
Freshman Team

Post by Ace »

eddie,
Where does Waverly finish? Or are they going to another conference?

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

burg
west
waverly
valley
minford
northwest

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Minford returns everyone but three lineman and 1 LB.

WB lost Shank at TB and White at FB and to anyone that watched them play was 80% of their offense threat. The other 20% was the QB. If losing the TB and FB are not hurting you for next year then you are delusional.

West lost alot of seniors, time to rebuild

Waverly didn't show much from last year

Valley- you never know how they will do

NW- not much, didn't they beat Waverly last year?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

No, Northwest did not beat Waverly last year.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Then it was Valley.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

actually shank and white only made up about 37% of the burgs offense in 08. I think shank was a heck of a fb player and leader but I think between Lang, Walker, Adkins, and craigmiles that they will be able to find someone if not all of them to fill his shoes. I think white will be missed more on D but I think Lang will fill that backer position and I think the burg will be ok at the backer position. .
marshallman wrote:Minford returns everyone but three lineman and 1 LB.

WB lost Shank at TB and White at FB and to anyone that watched them play was 80% of their offense threat. The other 20% was the QB. If losing the TB and FB are not hurting you for next year then you are delusional.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

burg will be burg. they lose, they gain.

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

To early to predict yet. I think that as the defending champion West is the favorite until beaten. I expect West won't be as good as last year but may be good enough to win. Minford, Valley, NW and Waverly should all improve. I think Burg lost more than they think thy did but they certainly had some good sophomores and juniors playing last year. I think it is likely that the SOC champ will not be undefeated and there may be a three way tie.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Several Burg posters have mentioned Lang taking over for White at LB. First thing, White was a heck of a MLB. Big, strong, experienced and tough. He didn't have big tackles to eat up blocks for him. Lang won't either. I just don't see a kid who is coming off a knee injury where he will have missed a whole year coming back and transitioning from a safety who played in space to a MLB without alot of help up front. I think Burg fans are undervaluing just how good White was. Lang may have played MLB in the past, I don't know, but that is a position where to be good/great, you need experience and instincts, expecially when you don't have D linemen that require a double team. Finding the ball while fighting off a guard is not easy to do, especially for a guy with not alot of size. IMO, he would struggle big time against Ironton, West, etc that will lead right at him. Didn't they try Craigmiles there last year in the scrimmages and he was back on the D-line for the Ironton game?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

If you haven't seen Lang lately I don't know if I would say he doesn't have alot of size. What he gives up to white in size he might be able to make up for with speed. Lang has pretty much always played in the box on the line of scrimmage and he has instincts you just can't teach. In all seriousness I think lang could excell at any of the 11 positions on the D side of the ball. The only question mark is how he comes back from the injury.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Lang is a heck of an athlete and if he grows as big as his dad is he will be big enough. But playing safety and moving into the box where you are basically a rover and getting picked up by a back most of the time is alot different than playing in the middle with all that traffic. Sideline to sideline is one thing, but against West for example, he will have 400 plus pounds leading another 200 pound back at him. I don't know if he's ready for that.

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

tyler is bigger than his dad...

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

PirateFan_2010 wrote:tyler is bigger than his dad...

then he has had one heck of a growth spurt lately. Height wise maybe, but from the shoulders down no way. I've played Bball with them both, and his dad is a bull.

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

tyler is probably stronger bench wise, but yeah eric is stocky

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Hmmm... Seems like you had the same message last season about the Pirates.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

same message every sport, every age group, every gender.
BULDOG wrote:

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

fbnut wrote:same message every sport, every age group, every gender.
BULDOG wrote:

WOW! I guess every SOC II school except the burg has to rebuild every year and never has anything coming back to speak of. All the schools are rebuilding from scratch but the burg. The burg is three deep at every position with all-Ohio players and just reload. Like we didn't here this last year either. :roll: I guess Shank and White were just decoys last year. They were hiding all the talent sitting on the side lines for this year. Show some repect for losing your two best backs. If losing them won't hurt you next year, then that means you didn't repect their talents.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

They were and are great leaders (shank/white)---their replacements for the up coming season---- will take what they learned and continue the tradition of wheelersburg football. i believe the talent is there this year. i think shank and white will be missed but there are also players that want to live up to their expectations. Thats the tradition of wheelersburg football

Return to “Football”