Chillicothe Cavaliers vs Ironton Fighting Tigers

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Chillicothe Cavaliers vs Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

1 GAME AT A TIME TIGERS, THIS COULD BE A VERY EXCITING SEASON FOR YOU, IF YOU STAY PLUGGED IN AND CONCENTRATE EVERY PLAY.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

AND PROTECT THAT BALL

Hopsing
Riding the Bench

Post by Hopsing »

Coach Hinton has his hands full. Parents in his face at halftime. Disagreements with new AD ( Chilli legend Garin Veris ). And a group of very inexperienced players. Sr class way below par, maybe weakest in last 20 years. Jr class a little better but low numbers a problem. Soph class could be a good one IF they stay together. Rain is an equalizer so this could help the Cavs if they tighten up the special teams. And Coach Hinton doesn't have to prove nothin to nobody...He has done it all already.

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

This will get as ugly as Ironton wants to make it, I just hope Chilli has enough healthy bodies after this one is over!

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

Hopsing wrote:Coach Hinton has his hands full. Parents in his face at halftime. Disagreements with new AD ( Chilli legend Garin Veris ). And a group of very inexperienced players. Sr class way below par, maybe weakest in last 20 years. Jr class a little better but low numbers a problem. Soph class could be a good one IF they stay together. Rain is an equalizer so this could help the Cavs if they tighten up the special teams. And Coach Hinton doesn't have to prove nothin to nobody...He has done it all already.
Great post Hop. I had heard there were a few problems, but I did not know about parents in his face at halftime :oops: that is embarrassing for the the administration to be allowing things like that to happen :oops: Coach Hinton will turn it around if they let him, but, if the administration continues to allow parents to dictate how the program is run ( Chilly's football kryptonite throughout it's history) Coach will retire to his boat, his grandchildren and anything else other than being a coach that has to deal with this mess!

Who loses? Like you said, not Coach Hinton. He is a Hall of Famer with nothing to prove to anyone! Nope, Chillicothe loses, again, and the kids in Chilly lose, again, just like they always have (minus the Trent/Sines era). Come on Chillicothe, get out of your own way for once and let a winner of a coach and human being teach you how to win!

Good luck Tigers!! With all due respect I'm still rooting hard for my CAVS!!

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

chilli program seems to parallel portsmouth program in that a lot is expected of both coach and team neither delivering lately ironton easy

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Hopsing wrote:Coach Hinton has his hands full. Parents in his face at halftime. Disagreements with new AD ( Chilli legend Garin Veris ). And a group of very inexperienced players. Sr class way below par, maybe weakest in last 20 years. Jr class a little better but low numbers a problem. Soph class could be a good one IF they stay together. Rain is an equalizer so this could help the Cavs if they tighten up the special teams. And Coach Hinton doesn't have to prove nothin to nobody...He has done it all already.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coach Hinton has his hands full. Parents in his face at halftime.Coach Hinton has his hands full. Parents in his face at halftime. i've been there, it's no fun at all. i pray they just let him coach, he is a proven winner.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

CAVS WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN TIGERMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU BROTHER

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

I agree with you Bait, let him coach! As far as what are the CAVS gonna do with Tigermania? I'm currently sober so I hope that it is an extremely competitive contest that both teams come out of better and healthy at the same time. By about 4:30 or 5:00 I might be ready to play with you and begin to argue the CAVS will triumph in the Tank. I'm afraid I will have to be half way in the tank myself to produce those arguments though :lol: LMAO :lol:

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Go SEOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cavalierfan1995
Freshman Team

Post by cavalierfan1995 »

wont be able to make the trip hadnt heard from anyone since i got back from Virginia.anyway ill help with some scores from around ross county

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

really not much to say here, onto next week, hard to gauge how good ironton is playing 28 to 0 in first quarter. ironton is averaging like 40 points a game and have given up not very much at all. ironton looks great but next week will be a much stiffer test in my opinion.they could have scored 70 tonight.

Hopsing
Riding the Bench

Post by Hopsing »

Complete and utter domination by the Browns, er, Ironmen tonight. Score easily could have been 60 or 70 to nothing. Class by Ironton to play JVs for most of 2nd half. On a personal note I'm gonna miss this series and playing at a stadium as historic and iconic as The Tank.

Grades for the night

Ironton Offense...A-/B+ Ground pounders Dive, option , sweep. All good. A plethora of outstanding runners complimented by large competent offensive linemen. Few penalties and a couple of fumbles lowered grade.

Ironton Defense... A-/A Shutout. Several interceptions and deflections. Fumble recovery for a TD. Real impressed by # 55 as he cranked several different Chillicothe players

Ironton Special Teams... B+ No real kicking game but none really needed tonite. Punt return had 2 shanked punts by Chilli. KOR was solid . PATs are a real adventure but tonight the 10 foot 3 inch kicks were tumbling over

Ironton Coaching...A Used a bunch of different back...called off the dogs and played reserves most of 2nd half. Kept clock running and were opportunistic in scoring quickly to gain momentum.

Chillicothe Defense.... C-/C Even tho many points allowed they also made plays and kept after Ironton. Other than long run the defense made Ironton work for their scores. Much blitzing kept score where it was. This was more of men vs boys in this case.

Chillicothe Offense...C-/D+Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde. Completing passes and gaining yards then...fumble, or interception, or negative yardage play. QB contovery will increase as the Elliott boy made his 1st appearance. Both Mathis and Barnes have done very good things and very bad things. Group needs to be more consistent .

Chillicothe Special Teams... D/D- Weakest point for 3rd week in a row. Fumbling kickoffs around or not even fielding them. Both punts went less than 10 yards ( shanked out of bounds ). No bad snaps or blocked punts so there was improvement.

Chillicothe coaching...B-/C+ Even tho Cavs are slammed the coaching was pretty good. Offense moved ball and looked good at times. Defensive staff threw everthing they had at Ironton. Special teams still need help.

Officials ... B For Ironton they did a fair and even job. Few early calls on Chilly replaced by calls on Ironton as game progressed.

Synopsis...Chillicothe beat up by a good physical football team. Several Chillicothe players were removed due to injuries and personal matter as game progressed. Hope no one hurt too bad to return at Athens.

Good Luck Cavs, keep working and eliminate distractions and negativity.

Bands A+ Very neat to watch the 2 schools perform together. Looked and sounded great.
Last edited by Hopsing on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

hopsing, i have never saw that before on here. but i think it's a very classy and fair assessment of everything, except you left out 1 thing. the bands were great together.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Congratulations, Tigers. Another great win. I hope you have a great season, winning all of your games, except for the game you play us. :122245

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

jackson is having a great year gma1. that should be a dandy.

Hopsing
Riding the Bench

Post by Hopsing »

You're Tiger Bait...U get an A for that observation....I have now included the bands. Good luck for the rest of the season. :122246

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thanks brother.

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

Just wanted to drop a line to my Ironton buddies that I tailgated with last year and wish you all good luck for an undefeated season. Never know, might see you all again this year in Nelsonville or Logan in a playoff game. Your program and fans are some of the classiest that I've seen... Later

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thanks brother, what a great compliment.

Return to “Football”