Wheelersburg 45 Portsmouth 0

noles_fan
S

Re: WK3 Portsmouth(2-0)@Wheelersburg(2-0)

Post by noles_fan »

Burg by 35 portsmouth doesn't have the secondary to cover all the athletes they will see on the edge.

BURGerBoy
Waterboy

Post by BURGerBoy »

LOL! People thinking this is going to be close.

I'll post my score first and then thoughts: Wheelersburg 38 Portsmouth 10

I think Portsmouth will keep the ball on the ground enough to keep Burg from putting up 40+, but this is not going to be a game. Burg speed will ware out Ptown size and nobody has secondary players to cover Bivens, Doerr, and Holden at WR.

Lastly, Ptown beat West and everyone acting like that is a huge deal. Well West struggled with Fairland, so let's take it easy on Portsmouth beating the worst team in the SOC in valley and then west in a back and forth game.

Dinnertyme69
Waterboy

Post by Dinnertyme69 »

:roll:
BURGerBoy wrote:LOL! People thinking this is going to be close.

I think Portsmouth will keep the ball on the ground enough to keep Burg from putting up 40+, but this is not going to be a game. Burg speed will ware out Ptown size and nobody has secondary players to cover Bivens, Doerr, and Holden at WR.

Lastly, Ptown beat West and everyone acting like that is a huge deal. Well West struggled with Fairland, so let's take it easy on Portsmouth beating the worst team in the SOC in valley and then west in a back and forth game.
let's take it easy on the Burg beating the two worst teams in the ovc. 20-18 Trojans

HOGS LEAD THE WAY
sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

I don't know What game everyone else was watching but we didn't have much of a running game against West the Qb was running for his life most of the time. Way too many stupid penalties. Not to mention West turned the ball over six times and the Trojans still struggled to put them away.We have improved but we are not on the same level as Wheelersburg yet.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

sparky wrote:I don't know What game everyone else was watching but we didn't have much of a running game against West the Qb was running for his life most of the time. Way too many stupid penalties. Not to mention West turned the ball over six times and the Trojans still struggled to put them away.We have improved but we are not on the same level as Wheelersburg yet.
Finally! A logical post! Not taking anything away from Portsmouth.. They have improved a lot. They just aren't on the same level yet!

KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

Burg 42
Ports 20

G0 BuCKs
LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Nobody in this area can touch Wheelersburg, there I said it............in 81 my senior year, the Pirates left Spartan Stadium after taking a 35-0 pop to the chin.........for Maddog

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

sparky wrote:I don't know What game everyone else was watching but we didn't have much of a running game against West the Qb was running for his life most of the time. Way too many stupid penalties. Not to mention West turned the ball over six times and the Trojans still struggled to put them away.We have improved but we are not on the same level as Wheelersburg yet.
The Lancing kid came in and ran hard, no we didn't do much on the ground but not completely dull, liked what this kid did. As for this game, I think most people know how it's going to play out, all I'm looking for is Portsmouth go in, compete and hopefully stay injury free. Don't think they will just roll over for the Burg, at least I hope not. Will be the best team they play all year, so hopefully this gets them prepared for ovc action. This team is heading in the right direction that's for sure. Go Trojans!

Who Dey!
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Dinnertyme69 wrote::roll:
BURGerBoy wrote:LOL! People thinking this is going to be close.

let's take it easy on the Burg beating the two worst teams in the ovc. 20-18 Trojans
They didn't just beat them. They owned them. And BURGerboy is right. There is no way any defense can account for Doerr, Bivens and Holden. Not running a 4-4 any ways. I look to see Bivens and Holden to be lined up on the same side most of the night. The safety will have to make a decision on every play. Does he help over the top on Holden and give up the middle for Bivens or does he stay home and give up the top to Holden. Pick your poison. It is impossible to double cover 2 kids on the same side of the field. With the focus being there Doerr will be running wild on the other side. There are just too many weapons for Burg. The only way Portsmouth can keep it close is to get in a shoot out. I personally don't see that happening. Burgs defense is too strong for that.

Dinnertyme69
Waterboy

Post by Dinnertyme69 »

When you go against 8 or 9 in the box all night it is hard to run the ball you are correct on that but that being said Burg will run that 4-2-5 that can be ran on and slow the game down.

HOGS LEAD THE WAY
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Dinnertyme69 wrote:
When you go against 8 or 9 in the box all night it is hard to run the ball you are correct on that but that being said Burg will run that 4-2-5 that can be ran on and slow the game down.
That's not the only package they run. But having said that, the 4-2-5 allows you to put kids in the box or take them out. They will give many looks out of that set. Carmichael and Hatfield will fill their gaps. Good luck blocking those 2.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
Finally! A logical post! Not taking anything away from Portsmouth.. They have improved a lot. They just aren't on the same level yet!

Because someone says something you want to hear it's a voice of reason ,lmao

Burg will win this game and Portsmouth will struggle , but the Trojans are moving in the right direction,i think most burg posters are more concerned they wo,t score 60 so they can thump their chest

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

This post added to the post just below.
Last edited by trojandave on Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Very proud of the Trojan players and coaches on the 2-0 start! Even though it is only 2-0, it is quite obvious that there is a new energy with the program that hasn't been evident for quite a while. This game is important for Portsmouth not only from a physical standpoint but a psychological aspect as well. X's and O's aside, the Trojans should respect the Burg but not fear them to the point of being intimidated. The scores of the past decade have reflected a psychological defeat as well as a physical beatdown on the scoreboard. I got the impression from watching the games over time that we were defeated from the opening kickoff. THIS HAS TO STOP!!

Hopefully our kids will look inside themselves when they're in the locker room Friday night and get their mindset right to compete with the Pirates. it could very well be a turning point in this series that has become lopsided in favor of Wheelersburg.

GO TROJANS!! Come out of that locker room ready to compete!!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

dontreply wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:

Because someone says something you want to hear it's a voice of reason ,lmao

Burg will win this game and Portsmouth will struggle , but the Trojans are moving in the right direction,i think most burg posters are more concerned they wo,t score 60 so they can thump their chest
You basically just said the same thing that post said.. I have said all along that Ptown is much improved. Nice try on being a smart a**. Lol

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Close for a quarter or so then we pull away.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

P(irate) wrote: They didn't just beat them. They owned them. And BURGerboy is right. There is no way any defense can account for Doerr, Bivens and Holden. Not running a 4-4 any ways. I look to see Bivens and Holden to be lined up on the same side most of the night. The safety will have to make a decision on every play. Does he help over the top on Holden and give up the middle for Bivens or does he stay home and give up the top to Holden. Pick your poison. It is impossible to double cover 2 kids on the same side of the field. With the focus being there Doerr will be running wild on the other side. There are just too many weapons for Burg. The only way Portsmouth can keep it close is to get in a shoot out. I personally don't see that happening. Burgs defense is too strong for that.
If your outside linebackers are athletes you can play anything out of a 4-4

Dinnertyme69
Waterboy

Post by Dinnertyme69 »

Westfan wrote:
P(irate) wrote: They didn't just beat them. They owned them. And BURGerboy is right. There is no way any defense can account for Doerr, Bivens and Holden. Not running a 4-4 any ways. I look to see Bivens and Holden to be lined up on the same side most of the night. The safety will have to make a decision on every play. Does he help over the top on Holden and give up the middle for Bivens or does he stay home and give up the top to Holden. Pick your poison. It is impossible to double cover 2 kids on the same side of the field. With the focus being there Doerr will be running wild on the other side. There are just too many weapons for Burg. The only way Portsmouth can keep it close is to get in a shoot out. I personally don't see that happening. Burgs defense is too strong for that.
If your outside linebackers are athletes you can play anything out of a 4-4
pressure on the quarter back puts a stop to that. And yes a 4-4
Will work but you have to have pressure to stop the athletes. 20-18 TROJANS

HOGS LEAD THE WAY
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg will not give up 18.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Snack time is dreaming
Go Burg

Return to “Football”