Portsmouth vs. Portsmouth West Updates

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Portsmouth/West Updates?

Post by mattash »

portsmouth_98 wrote:Had to wait for Casey, she worked till 5:30, we were at the game before 6:30 and barely got a seat.

I stood the entire game.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

mattash wrote:
portsmouth_98 wrote:Had to wait for Casey, she worked till 5:30, we were at the game before 6:30 and barely got a seat.

I stood the entire game.

Ouch, you didn't lean on a fence did you? :lol: :lol:

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

lol Staci (my wife) was and the officer yelled at her.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Yeah, they were extremely tactful about it weren't they?

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Post by trojanofthepast »

Great atmosphere tonight, it was like a small college game. All the tailgating and energy in the Coliseum was great. The Trojans just about gave it away, but they didn't. This group is turning the corner, last year we would have blown this game. The first half was as dominating as it could have been for the Trojans. The second half the penalties were killing us on every drive. Give the kids from West a lot of credit they did not give up (especially Pendleton he's a beast). That comes from within not something you can teach. Good luck to West the rest of the year. As for you Trojans, just keep letting everyone doubt you. GO TROJANS

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

great stadium, great atmosphere, great game , the only negative was the PA announcer. Someone really needs to clamp down on that nonsense.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Biggdowgg and OzzieOhio gave me their personal tour of Portsmouth's Beautiful new stadium and that was one thing that hit me..the sign, 'Don't lean on the fence' I think they'll have to do something with that...it will be a huge problem to keep people from doing just that..

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

I second that. He absolutely ruined the atmosphere of that game. When the bands at halftime played was the only time he shut up. Give it a rest already! If they want the coliseum to have an even better atmosphere find a new announcer, and play some college style music for pregame. I understand he had announcments to give people their props but geeesh!!! I will have a walkman next time.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

the most Important thing of al is............

the wall behind the north end zone was NOT a factor :!:

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

ROFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

LOL great point biggdogg

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Anyone else noticing that Angelo Jackson is getting his legs back under him? By the end of the year he could be a real force for the Trojans.

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

He did run the ball better this week. I was glad to have London Malone and Jalen Kennedy back, both seniors on the defense. I also think Tre Underwood had a great game and he had a HUGE hit late in the 4th....
Last edited by trojan7 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Yeah, the defense was swarming, good thing, it usually took 6 or 8 guys to bring down Pendleton, that kid was unreal. It was really hard to judge a a lot though, the penalties for both teams were ridiculous.

SSU Grad
Riding the Bench

Post by SSU Grad »

fbnut wrote:great stadium, great atmosphere, great game , the only negative was the PA announcer. Someone really needs to clamp down on that nonsense.

I agree 100%. He never shuts up. I couldn't even talk with my friends without him talking every single minute. He also uses the microphone to question the refs. I am sure there is some kind of rule against that. Very annoying indeed.

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

WOW! What a outstanding game. All I can say is Portsmouth shocked me big time with the improvement they've made in the past year. Congrats 2 them! Myers looked sharp and so did Simpson. It seemed like everytime Portsmouth was about 2 give the game away 2 West they always answered right back, if it were a forced fumble and a recovery or just a stop and punt. They defaintly impressed me. And their D is the real deal. It seemed like Malone and Kennedy were in on every play. Nice job boys! As for West, they just came out and were shocked that Portsmouth came 2 play. I stood there and watched them, they didnt really know how 2 handle the crowd and the game. They were confused. If I had 2 pick player of the game I would have 2 say Pendleton. This kid is an animal. It took Portsmouth 2 maybe 3 defenders 2 even budge this kid. He is amazing. Not jus tremendous strength, but as exceptional quickness. He and Murphy did what they could on both offense and defense. But outside of them 2 they are all young and somewhat unexperienced. Pendleton is a flat out stud. He is going 2 be 10 times the player his brother was. And thats saying a ton! His brother was awesome! Trevon has a possibily 2 go D1 when its all said and done.

GREAT GAME! HOPE 2 SEE MORE JUST LIKE IT!

P.S ... If you look at the score pic, you will see me near the middle 2 the right aways. With the button-up on with a white tee showing haha.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

anyone have any pics from the game?

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

fbnut wrote:great stadium, great atmosphere, great game , the only negative was the PA announcer. Someone really needs to clamp down on that nonsense.

I heard A LOT of people complaining about him and they were Portsmouth fans. Very unprofessional in his announcing and he appears to be a guy that loves to hear himself speak. They do need to tone him down. It was nice to see the biggest function for Portsmouth PD was keeping the fence leaners off the fence. :lol: Please....

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

that was Skip Hickman right?

He really needs to go or turn that sound system down. Rediculous. To openly rout for a team is one this, then to questioning officials. He needs to be repromanded.

As for the game. Congrats to Portsmouth. Meyers is a heck of a player. Good job West, way to hang in there. We need to learn to start better. Those are the things you run into with a young team. He played 3 QB's last night and moved linemen around. Coach is still looking for that right combination. Good thing is the schedule should get a little easier for a couple weeks and allow them to work the kinks out before league play.

Bleeding Red. 5-5 or 6-4. You can't see a West thread without your negative bull crap about West. How was that dominating performance over Wellston? :122245 Your a joke

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

anyone ever go to west games? the PA guy up there always sounds like he has his mouth full of food, you cant understand anything he says.

anyway, must have ben one hell of a game, with some great officiating, if we are all complaining about P towns P.A. man,and not the refs :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”