Week 5 Portsmouth @ Chillicothe

Hopsing
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 5 Portsmouth @ Chillicothe

Post by Hopsing »

He was hurt was unable to complete games only playing defense vs Big Walnut and Wilmington. I think you will see him at QB quite a bit this week and for those to come IF he stays healthy

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

good luck Trojans!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

looks like a wet friday night....

good luck Trojans

crslpn44
Waterboy

Post by crslpn44 »

im taking portsmouth 28 to 14. The offense is improving. The offense line is playing much better this year and the defense really stepped up in the second half last week against Jackson. If they continue to play hard i think they take chilly by a lot more then people think. Portsmouth has the talent its all bout execution. they have to catch the easy passes and run the ball hard.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

still raining..... :122246

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Rain looks to be breaking up. The field will still be soaked but at least we won't have to fight umbrellas to see.

Who does a wet field favor? Both run a spread offense, and like to have the QB run. I think with Sanders back on the O-line and Jackson running like he did last week the wet field might help the Trojans. I think we might be able to pound the ball with him and Reeves if we have a hard time passing. However if the Cavs play Netter a QB I think he may cause us some trouble because he is a big kid that runs hard.

This game is a real toss up.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote:Rain looks to be breaking up. The field will still be soaked but at least we won't have to fight umbrellas to see.

Who does a wet field favor? Both run a spread offense, and like to have the QB run. I think with Sanders back on the O-line and Jackson running like he did last week the wet field might help the Trojans. I think we might be able to pound the ball with him and Reeves if we have a hard time passing. However if the Cavs play Netter a QB I think he may cause us some trouble because he is a big kid that runs hard.

This game is a real toss up.

havent heard anything, but at practice the other night, Sanders was sitting on the bench having his ankle looked at again,,and I sen him walking of after practice,and looked to have some kind of support on the ankle again...

I love seing him out there,but I suer hope they arent trying to get him back to soon,,,he is only a freshman,,and still has a lot of football ahead of him.

I agree with the wet field,,I would gues we will see more of a rushing attack....

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

I think Casey is a junior, I will have to check the program to make sure, but I know he isn't a freshmen.

Hope they were just being cautious with him at practice. Last week was his first week back, and he hurt his ankle against Minford in the first scrimmage. He sat out 5 weeks from Minford to Jackson. Don't we have any tape or ankle braces down there? Seems like a long time for a sprained ankle. I guess if it's a high sprain he could still be struggling with it, but I know lots of guys have come back from bad sprains sooner.

I think our athletic trainer, doesn’t always understand the difference between hurt and injured. If your hurt you can still play, because if you don’t hurt during a football game you are doing something wrong.

It’s not broke unless you can pick it up and hand it to me. That might be a little much but you get what I’m saying

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

sorry,I know he isnt a freshman, Im not sure why I typed that,,,I was thinking he was a sophmore,but now that you mention it,I believe he is a junior,he played basketbal his freshman year,and did not play last year.

..and yes,it was inded a high ankle sprain,I do know thats what his dad told me.

and yes, he looked very good last week in his first game back

BigSlowWhiteGuy
Riding the Bench

Post by BigSlowWhiteGuy »

Halftime Portsmouth 20 Chillicothe 0

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Anything more on this?

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Portsmouth 27 Chillicothe 13 a few minutes left

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Would be a great win by the Trojans. I for one counted them out with the way they had played the last two weeks. They did show some signs of life in the 2nd half last week and let one get away from them.

Great job Trojans

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

(1-1/3-2) Portsmouth 34
(0-1/1-4) Chillicothe 21
Final

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

Great W for the Trojans after two tough weeks. Trojans were up 27-0 until 2:16 left in the 4th!! then on 3rd and 22. trojans put in 2nd string and got burnt on a HB pass for a 60 yard TD. Then Chilly kicked it onside called all 3 timeouts on 3 straight runs. 4th and about 5 at the 30 for PHS and the snap goes over Simpson the punter's head and gets downed at the 1. Chilly punched it in a play later. Now 27-14 with about 1:30 to play Chilly kicks it onside and gets it. Next play on O Kyle Simpson picks off the pass and takes it 65 yards for the score making it 34-14. PHS kicks off and Chilly dinks and dunks with Trojans 2nd string in on D-line and in a prevent D and scores with just about 3 seconds left. 34-21. Then they kick it onside again and get it throw up a hail mary and Trojans pick it off in the endzone. Wild finish at Hernstein and the long final minutes. The final 2 or so minutes took FOREVER.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

that was THE longest 2 minutes of football I have ever seen :122246 .

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Amen! :roll: :roll: :roll: Congrats on the Trojans win..............way to battle .

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to our Trojans on the win!!.......Our kids played their best game of the year.......on both sides of the ball.........the playoffs are still very possible after this win.........Portsmouth has now won 2 of the last 3 games vs. the Cavaliers, and the last 2 times at Herrnstein Field.........I believe the overall series is 42-28-3 in favor of PHS. It's always good to get a win over our longtime rivals from Ross County.

Chillicothe has some talented players, and some speed to go with it........which makes beating them a good win. PHS is now 1-1 in the SEOAL.

Even though Rachel Ray could have cooked one of her 30 minute meals in the last 4 minutes of this game, we got the win!! :-D

GO TROJANS!!!

power_house88
Waterboy

Post by power_house88 »

Personally for me the Netter kid from chillicothe did not impress me. The Oates boy was very fast, but it seemed as if the could not make anything happen agianst the trojans defense.

For portsmouth I was impressed by Myers, Malone,Royster,Staker,Simpson,and Jackson.The whole defense suprised me. If im not mistaking the starting defense for portsmouth had three interceptions. Offensively Myers,Royster,Jackson ran the ball hard. Malone made a nice catch early in the game down the sideline. I believe Staker had a touchdown catch. Also Simpson made a very nice catch for his touchdown .

Well congratulations Trojans on the win , but DO NOT overlook Gallia Academy

Return to “Football”