Week 5 Wheelersburg 45 Rock Hill 0

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Re: Week 5 Wheelersburg @ Rock Hill

Post by Bdog_198807 »

Im gonna say Da burg by atleast 4 TD's. Go burg! I know not to overlook any games but i see minford as the only chance of another loss. 9-1 Probably. 8-2 Possible.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Burg goes 9-1 this year with a probable #1 seed. The SOS in Region 19 ain't that great at all among the top teams right now.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

drrabbit wrote:It was approximately the same for the Portsmouth game except that the offense was in for a drive an a half (8 plays) in the third quarter as was the defense. It was around 5 minutes left in the third quarter when the starters were removed.

This is not true as Schankweiler scored on a 80 yard kickoff return with 1:45 left in the 3rd after the Trojans scored to make 48 to 14. There was no reason to have him or any other starter in at this point. It showed a totally lack of class and is taking a stupid risk. I hope they don't do this to Rock Hill. I also hope they don't continue to leave these young men in and risk getting them hurt when the game is over.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

demaniac1 wrote: Sider, this game I think, is at RH!

my bad

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote:
drrabbit wrote:It was approximately the same for the Portsmouth game except that the offense was in for a drive an a half (8 plays) in the third quarter as was the defense. It was around 5 minutes left in the third quarter when the starters were removed.

This is not true as Schankweiler scored on a 80 yard kickoff return with 1:45 left in the 3rd after the Trojans scored to make 48 to 14. There was no reason to have him or any other starter in at this point. It showed a totally lack of class and is taking a stupid risk. I hope they don't do this to Rock Hill. I also hope they don't continue to leave these young men in and risk getting them hurt when the game is over.

If you noticed the burg had their hands team in on that KO, after the trojan score I guess they were looking for an onside kick. I am sure the burg coaches never dreamed that their hands team would run the ko back. I don't think they have a 2nd team hands team.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Yes you are right in that they did put the 'hands' receiving team on the field for the kickoff in the third quarter.

I remember looking at a couple of the Wheelersburg coaches on the sidelines during Schankweiler's run back and they looked at each other and one just shrugged and raised his hands in frustration as if to say "what can we do?" It was not what they had anticipated as they expected someone to just fall on a short kick.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

I had no problem with the Portsmouth game,,but against South Point,,,the onside kick,when the score was 28 to 0,and everyone seen Point was not going to do nothing all night, now that was uncalled for, but I understand thats the coaches way of doing things.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

If that’s the case it sure is a strange hands team you run. With only 5 guys on the front line and next line 10 yards behind them. You can even see the Burg setup a middle wall. They were obviously set up for a return. Why would you even have a hands team in at that point when you are up 5 touchdowns with 14 minutes to play? Especially when it was obvious that PHS was set up to kick it deep.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

sportsfan43 wrote:I had no problem with the Portsmouth game,,but against South Point,,,the onside kick,when the score was 28 to 0,and everyone seen Point was not going to do nothing all night, now that was uncalled for, but I understand thats the coaches way of doing things.

when else are you going to work on such a play live...when your up???? Or wait until you have to do it and try an unproven play.... use your head sportsfan

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote:If that’s the case it sure is a strange hands team you run. With only 5 guys on the front line and next line 10 yards behind them. You can even see the Burg setup a middle wall. They were obviously set up for a return. Why would you even have a hands team in at that point when you are up 5 touchdowns with 14 minutes to play? Especially when it was obvious that PHS was set up to kick it deep.

Dude if your crying about this, you are a sore looser. They only kicked to Burg three times during the game. The first kickoff team should have been out there.

Its the job of the Trojans FIRST KICKOFF team to stop them.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

This one gets ugly fast, although Rock Hill has looked better recently.
Burg-49 Rock Hill-6

tiger-fan67
Waterboy

Post by tiger-fan67 »

Trojan FB alum.....the only lack of class is coming from you, some people had Portsmouth winning this game, who's fault is it that they cant stop a kick return with predominantly 2nd string in....Schank isnt even the starting kick returner, he was replacing Walker who was out for the Portsmouth game...this all goes back to Portsmouth's inability to stop the burg. What did you want them to do? put a skinny freshman back there and let Portsmouth's kickoff team tee off on him?...plus it's week 5 now...if yur still cryin around about the butt whoopin that got layed on you, its gonna be a long, long, long season :lol: how bout you worry bout ironton and try not to let them put up 70 on your team

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

here is the official rankings from the ohsaa site. i find the top 15 interesting. positions 9-15, there is 4 teams who are 4-0

http://www.ohiohssports.com/news/articl ... n-ratings/

1 BALTIMORE LIBERTY UNION 3-1 6.3 13 30.5
2 CROOKSVILLE 4-0 5.725 17.5 13.5
2 FREDERICKTOWN 4-0 5.725 16.5 16
3 SARAHSVILLE SHENANDOAH 4-0 5.6 16 16
4 COAL GROVE 3-1 5.575 12.5 24.5
5 MINFORD 4-0 5.5 17 12.5
6 NELSONVILLE-YORK 4-0 5.375 16.5 12.5
7 WOODSFIELD MONROE CENTRAL 4-0 5.3 15 15.5
8 WHEELERSBURG 3-1 5.25 13 20

9 CALDWELL 3-1 5.1 12 21
10 OAK HILL 4-0 4.875 16.5 7.5
11 BEVERLY FORT FRYE 4-0 4.675 14.5 10.5
12 CARDINGTON-LINCOLN 4-0 4.4 16 4
13 WEST LAFAYETTE RIDGEWOOD 4-0 4.225 15.5 3.5
14 BARNESVILLE 3-1 3.875 13.5 5
15 LUCASVILLE VALLEY 3-1 3.475 12.5 3.5
16 PAINT VALLEY 2-2 2.225 7.5 3.5
17 ADENA 1-3 1.95 4 9.5
18 CHESAPEAKE 1-3 31.9356 3.5 10.5
19 JOHNSTOWN NORTHRIDGE 1-3 1.575 3.5 7
19 GALION NORTHMOR 1-3 1.575 3.5 7
21 MOUNT GILEAD 1-3 1.35 4 3.5
22 CHILLICOTHE SOUTHEASTERN 1-3 0.875 3.5 0
23 SUGAR GROVE BERNE UNION 0-4 0 0 0
23 STEWART FEDERAL HOCKING 0-4 0 0 0
23 BELPRE BELPRE 0-4 0 0 0
23 CENTERBURG CENTERBURG 0-4 0 0 0
23 CHILLICOTHE HUNTINGTON 0-4 0 0 0
23 LORE CITY BUCKEYE TRAIL 0-4 0 0 0

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

hands team was in the game but if the team doesnt line up to kick an onside kick then u adjust with the your kick reture to regular. move on

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

tiger-fan67 wrote:Trojan FB alum.....the only lack of class is coming from you, some people had Portsmouth winning this game, who's fault is it that they cant stop a kick return with predominantly 2nd string in....Schank isnt even the starting kick returner, he was replacing Walker who was out for the Portsmouth game...this all goes back to Portsmouth's inability to stop the burg. What did you want them to do? put a skinny freshman back there and let Portsmouth's kickoff team tee off on him?...plus it's week 5 now...if yur still cryin around about the butt whoopin that got layed on you, its gonna be a long, long, long season :lol: how bout you worry bout ironton and try not to let them put up 70 on your team

I am in total agreement with you that it is our job to stop Burg and we did not. The Burg was obviously the better team. I don't know if Schank is the starting returner or not, but I know he started the game against Portsmouth and he also started at kick return vs VASJ.

No I don't expect them to put someone out there and let the team tee off on them, but being up by 5 touchdowns I don't see a need to have your starting running back still in the game. I’m sure you have a JV returner that would have loved to have a shot at taking it to the house against the Trojans. How would you all have felt if you watched Schank get hurt on that play when he should have been on the sideline?
In response to your comments about me crying about this, I assure you this is the only time I have said any negative comments about the situation, and this is only in response to Burg posters saying that the starters were out with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd, which is a lie. In fact starter Andrew Bendolph returned a punt as late as 48 seconds to go in the 3rd when the Pirates had a 42 point advantage. Bendolph also started the game at punt return as well as a DB. I have no problem with the Burg leaving these guys in if they think they need to get the reps (although in my opinion it is in poor taste, and dangerous). My problem is people acting like they didn't have them in when they did.
This is the last time I will comment on this subject because I do not want to hijack this thread anymore then we already have. Best of luck to the Pirates the rest of the way (except against West because we need the points)

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

In my view, starters are considered on the offense and defense. Not special teams. If the Burg had the starters, all 11, on O and D, I would get ur point Alum. And it could have been alot worse.

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

I agree with you Trojan_FB_Alum, If we are up big take them out dont chance getting the boys hurt. But on the other hand the pirates are a playoff team, And the boys need there playing time if we take them out in the third quarter all season long come week 11 what happens when we say no you have to stay in an extra 12 minutes?? When would be reasonable to take them out and still be ok for week 11 :?: Go burg!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

RH hung with west thru 3 qtrs. What do they have? Who is who?? They seem to be playing better as weeks go by. Burg will be ready. I dont see them looking past to Minford. Woodward not like that. Films, sked, films, Rock Hill!!

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

rock hill's subs dont need quality playing time it is the first string that needs work :122246

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I heard the Burg had some players get hurt Saturday.

Return to “Football”