WK4 (3-0) Wheelersburg @ (1-2) Cincy NCH

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: WK4 (3-0) Wheelersburg @ (1-2) Cincy NCH

Post by formerfcfan »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Wayne, and Huber hight all turned us down. Olentangy, pickerington.all turned us down
Wheelersburg would not offer the L1 and L2 points to make any of those school's playoff chances any more competitive than what they already have lined up.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

formerfcfan wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote: Wayne, and Huber hight all turned us down. Olentangy, pickerington.all turned us down
Wheelersburg would not offer the L1 and L2 points to make any of those school's playoff chances any more competitive than what they already have lined up.
I know, but burg has tried to play these school. Who else can we play that isn't forever and a day away? The talent just isn't in seo right now.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Pickerington?

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Now that this info has been brought to light do ya think we can stop comparing irontons former schedule to burgs current schedule? Ironton until recently was a much larger school offering more gain and less loss in playoff point situations. Making them a much more attractive opponent than little wheelersburg. Does other DV schools schedule opponents hours away regularly? Or do they mostly schedule in their area? The MACis undoubtedly the best high school conference in Ohio. Don't they mostly play schools in their conference and area? I'm curious to know because my knowledge is limited to mostly SOC and OVC schools.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The Mac knows the teams in their area are strong(for the most part) so they and other dominate teams in that area are not force to travel much, to help prepare them for the playoffs.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Cpt. Obvious wrote:
dontreply wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
we can't help teams won't schedule us. we contacted several northern oh teams last yr and at least one in wv. none would schedule us that's why we ended up with nch. i know next season we picked up bishop watterson and i've heard dayton chaminade julienne

Who was the northern schools you contacted that was afraid to play you all?
Lol didn't you just get on maddawg about posting just to stir poop??? Where in his post did he use the word afraid? U a clown :lol:[/quote

Name calling should get you ban ,you've been reported

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I think Wheelersburg playing Bishop Watterson is a good get.

With the SOC schedule only giving Wheelersburg four guaranteed games, aside from the games vs the fellow river communities (Ironton, Proctorville Fairland, and Portsmouth) there are three games that Wheelersburg has to find for out of conference. I'm of the opinion if they play the Central Catholic League more often, as possible, this not only alleviates the scheduling concerns but also ensures Wheelersburg plays programs that consistently provide the competition, depth, and fundamental strengths that Wheelersburg faces when they step out of Region 19 into week 14 (e.g. Coldwater.)

The CCL generally has to travel far and wide for games later in the year; three of them (BW, SFD, and St. Charles) only play two CCL games by mandate, with them electing to play Bishop Hartley as well, and Bishop Ready only has one CCL mandated opponent (Hartley.) Bishop Ready is transitioning into the Mid-State League for football scheduling purposes only in the next few years, so that might not be as viable a get, but I do think BW and SFD would be more than happy to schedule up series in the future years (evidently BW already has.) St. Charles played Ironton a few years ago, so they have no excuse not to play the Burg.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

dontreply wrote:
Cpt. Obvious wrote:
dontreply wrote:

Lol didn't you just get on maddawg about posting just to stir poop??? Where in his post did he use the word afraid? U a clown :lol:[/quote

Lol grow up

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

dontreply wrote:
Cpt. Obvious wrote:
dontreply wrote:

Lol oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What will happen now??????? U a joke clown

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Cpt. Obvious wrote:
dontreply wrote:
Cpt. Obvious wrote:

Lol oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What will happen now??????? U a joke clown
Shame shame shame on you.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
dontreply wrote:
Cpt. Obvious wrote:

Lol grow up
He really should grow up he acting like such a child

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

dontreply wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:
dontreply wrote: Lol didn't you just get on maddawg about posting just to stir poop??? Where in his post did he use the word afraid? U a clown :lol:[/quote

Lol grow up
He really should grow up he acting like such a child
lol you like to stir the pot then cry when ya get called out on it. Don't go trolling if ya don't wanna hook nothin clown. You can tattle on this post also. I'm not the one making derogatory posts about kids. That be you obviously clown.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Mad-Dogg wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:Burg huge

When will burg wise up and strengthen their schedule
we can't help teams won't schedule us. we contacted several northern oh teams last yr and at least one in wv. none would schedule us that's why we ended up with nch. i know next season we picked up bishop watterson and i've heard dayton chaminade julienne

those would be great pickups for you all. your play has elevated a lot the last few years. and the tougher opponents will further prepare you for the playoffs. that's how ironton built their program through the past. good luck to ya'll.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BurgGrad6 wrote:Dontreply, ur a chump. I went back and checked some of your post. U sound like a salty fan, maybe burg smacked your team around or something? IDK.. But since you wanna know.... Burg tried to schedule several schools. None were afraid as you say, IDK what the specifics are. I do know that cable Midland, Wayne, and Huber hight all turned us down. Ashland, beachwood, and Johnson Central all turned us down.. Olentangy, pickerington. And Svsm all turned us down. At any rate, burg wouldn't have these schedule problems if other schools weren't OK with being mediocre..

I'm gonna throw my 1st 15 yarder of this new high school season. no way these teams all turned burg down. especially the last 3 listed here. when you fall , it's gonna be hard. you have become what the fighting tigers were. hated and respected at the same time. and everybody wants to knock off the king of the hill.i sure miss those days with the fighting tigers , who are simply struggling to gain respectability again.but they'll be back. but I think it will be with a brand new coaching staff.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

formerfcfan wrote:I think Wheelersburg playing Bishop Watterson is a good get.

With the SOC schedule only giving Wheelersburg four guaranteed games, aside from the games vs the fellow river communities (Ironton, Proctorville Fairland, and Portsmouth) there are three games that Wheelersburg has to find for out of conference. I'm of the opinion if they play the Central Catholic League more often, as possible, this not only alleviates the scheduling concerns but also ensures Wheelersburg plays programs that consistently provide the competition, depth, and fundamental strengths that Wheelersburg faces when they step out of Region 19 into week 14 (e.g. Coldwater.)

The CCL generally has to travel far and wide for games later in the year; three of them (BW, SFD, and St. Charles) only play two CCL games by mandate, with them electing to play Bishop Hartley as well, and Bishop Ready only has one CCL mandated opponent (Hartley.) Bishop Ready is transitioning into the Mid-State League for football scheduling purposes only in the next few years, so that might not be as viable a get, but I do think BW and SFD would be more than happy to schedule up series in the future years (evidently BW already has.) St. Charles played Ironton a few years ago, so they have no excuse not to play the Burg.

hey I ain't trying to start anything. I think BW would be a great add for the burg. but be careful what you wish for. that's a horse of a different color. as is desales, Hartley. be careful how much of that big fantasy candy bar that you want to break off. because ironton played these kinds of schools for decades. and you quickly find out theres a big difference in the private inner city catholic schools that can draw from massive areas, and they are all star teams. ---------- it's a great test. but they can switch out 11 at a time and barely miss a beat.it's true currently burg is not getting tested locally. hopefully that changes. but it was just a short couple of years ago valley was whoopin the burg.i love the cocky, confident swagger from the burgites. and they are earning it ''weakly'' on Friday nights. I see all the stuff we must have done as fighting tiger fans for 40 years. and frankly , I miss it. but realize you are top of everybodies wish list. now if we can just get ironton, Portsmouth back on par. but the Trojans got smashed worse than the tigers. and I thought that would be a better game. so there's a lot of room for vast improvements in these parts of the state.but careful what you wish for.

Resurgent_Thinker
Riding the Bench

Post by Resurgent_Thinker »

noreply66 wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:Burg huge

When will burg wise up and strengthen their schedule

Who they going to schedule poo bear?

Martins Ferry? 4 hour drive
St. Clairsville? 4 hour drive
Coldwater/Marion Local/St Henry? all at least 3.5 to 4 hour drives.

The talent is down here in Southeast Ohio and the teams that have talent, Athens, Logan etc do not want to play a DV school that they could possibly lose to so they won't schedule Burg.

I get sick and tired of hearing people say Burg needs to upgrade their schedule when there are no options.

Need to form a new league

Athens
Ironton
Minford
Nelson/York
Trimble
Unioto
Waverly
Wheelersburg
Trimble..? Yea they are a powerhouse in the lower division in SEO, but to put them in a conference with burg/wavery/minford/Ironton.... riiiiiiight...

Resurgent_Thinker
Riding the Bench

Post by Resurgent_Thinker »

Burg by 3 TDs

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:Dontreply, ur a chump. I went back and checked some of your post. U sound like a salty fan, maybe burg smacked your team around or something? IDK.. But since you wanna know.... Burg tried to schedule several schools. None were afraid as you say, IDK what the specifics are. I do know that cable Midland, Wayne, and Huber hight all turned us down. Ashland, beachwood, and Johnson Central all turned us down.. Olentangy, pickerington. And Svsm all turned us down. At any rate, burg wouldn't have these schedule problems if other schools weren't OK with being mediocre..

I'm gonna throw my 1st 15 yarder of this new high school season. no way these teams all turned burg down. especially the last 3 listed here. when you fall , it's gonna be hard. you have become what the fighting tigers were. hated and respected at the same time. and everybody wants to knock off the king of the hill.i sure miss those days with the fighting tigers , who are simply struggling to gain respectability again.but they'll be back. but I think it will be with a brand new coaching staff.
Well bait, your 15 yarder is a bad call. Clearly you seen it with your bad eye. I know for a fact that all of these schools turned burg down
Last edited by BurgGrad6 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

time for the dogg to strike up the band. 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Wheelersburg has a good team. But no way did a few of those bigger schools turn down burg because of fear of getting beat. If you've ever seen good D1 or D2 schools play you would see there is a heck of a difference. Wheelersburg may have inquired and they may have said no, but it has more to do with finances (crowds and travel expenses). But even the travel expense excuse doesn't add up as most of the bigger schools in Ohio routinely travel between Cleveland to Cincinnati to get competition. The D5 size of Wheelersburg really doesn't matter in 1st level Harbon points as 1st level is a small part of the calculation. The smaller size of the schools Wheelersburg does beat would though in the 2nd level calculation.

Return to “Football”