Freshman Team

Re: SOC2 (6-2) Minford @ (3-5) Waverly

Post by sportsmr »

No contest, Minford big.

BOHICA
All Conference

Post by BOHICA »

Minford could move to 4th in points with win.

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

minford big, but pulling for the tigers.

Trivium5
Freshman Team

Post by Trivium5 »

89Falcon wrote:when we say gone south were not talking about your 1 good player on your team(who when healthy can carry that team pretty well but cannot do it by hiself) we are talking about how last season u only won 2 soc games and this season the only team in the soc that u will beat is nw and the fact that ur fans dont even come out anymore thats what we mean when we say that ur program is on the decline.

Actually, Waverly only won 1 SOC game last year. It was against NW, and they almost lost that one too!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Minford should win this one pretty easily, but dont get too cocky and think you'l roll over them.
Last time I went to a game and thought that the losing team lost on a failed 2pt conversion, to a team who wanted it way more!

I know Waverly is on a different level than Minford, but they have NOTHING to lose and wouldnt mind handing Minford their 1st loss in the SOC.

Minford 34
Waverly 7

Its easy for me to predict a big win, but players shouldnt expect one! Go earn it! I think they will!
Just don't look on to next week!

Trojan Explosion
Freshman Team

Post by Trojan Explosion »

minford 34-14

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

How many kids are still out for Waverly? I know last Thursday (day before the Burg game) 25 kids were out with only 21 kids at practice. You can't compete with too many teams around here like that.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

:shock: :shock: :shock: Wow! If waverly only has 21 kids that can play thats terrible for a D3 school

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

IRONFALCON wrote:Waverly gives Minford a good game early and tests the pass defense. I thin Minford will try to run the ball and also work on the passing game some more. I'll take Minford by about 3 td's.

I will have to agree with IRONFALCON, I think that Waverly will come out strong. The boys will be fired up, with alot to prove. But I think that by the second half Minford will get stronger, and really be pushing Waverly around by the end of the game. Our O-line, and D-line, has been the heart and soul of our team this year. I think they have surprised everybody this year.

Minford has to come into this game fired up, we can not have any kind of a let down now. Friday night, they will prove if they, (should, or are) champions!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

tigercat1
Varsity

Post by tigercat1 »

mikenmike,

tigers2010 means players were out with the flu. The team has more players than that. The school system has taken a big hit over the last few weeks due to the flu.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Im only gonna say this....

Next week will not mean nearly as much to you, if you dont win this week. ;-)

Lets Go Big Red

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

O.K. Red, let's get it going. It is Football Friday, and time to get our minds right. We need to come out of the gate running. This game means everything, if you want to win the Golden Football.

I don't think the rain will slow us down at all. Unless we start putting the ball on the ground! We have to take care of the football, and not make mistakes. I think we will be able to run the ball tonight. Let #15, #20, #23, and #7, run wild, I don't think they can stop them.

Our defense has to step it up tonight. I think we need to come out and smack them in the mouth, right off the bat. The more success they have in the first quarter, the harder they will play in the fourth quarter. We need to shut them down, and keep them down.

I hope everybody will come and support the Falcons tonight. Let's show the boys we are behind them. We need big numbers, and lots of noise.

Good Luck to both teams, and please, nobody gets hurt!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

Falcon D has to set the tone early , or this one could get wild.

:12222

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

I have to post on this thread, nobody likes Minford people, on any other thread.

I'm getting excited, can't wait to get this game going. This should be a great game!

Let's kick some Tiger Butt!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

sportsfan9572
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan9572 »

14-7 Minford in the 4th

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

In the worst hurricane game since Waverly/Burg, Minford beats the Tigers 14-7. Is that not the same score as the Tiger/Burg Hurricane game?

Congratulations to the Falcons for doing what they had to do to win the game and at least a share of the SOC2 title.

You have to give it up for the Tigers for a hard fought battle to the end. Still fighting injuries and illness they gave it all they had and battled the might Falcons.

How about the officiating crew - what a job they did.
With the Falcons leading 7-0 with around 9:40 to go in the 2nd quarter Minford fumbled and the Tigers recovered at the Falcon 40. Everyone on the field and in the stands knew it was a fumble except the clowns called officials wearing white & black striped shirts. Both teams were changing offense/defense when for some unknown reason one of the officials came in saying his knee was down and it wasn't a fumble. Who's knee was down? There was no-one near the play with a knee down. It was pretty much a direct fumble. I wish someone could upload the video - MOST OUTRAGEOUS CALL I'VE SEEN AT HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAME. The Minford coaches in the press box couldn't believe it.
The very next play the Tigers intercept a pass on a play where the defender had position but was called for interference. Minford goes on to score on a dejected Tiger defense with 5:37 to go in the half to go up 14-0.
Waverly puts a nice drive together but fumbles at the Minford 23 yard line with 1:04 to play in the half. Minford takes that lead to the lockeroom.

The Tigers did a great job of shutting down the Falcons in the 2nd half. Waverly had one drive stall at the Falcon 15 yard line with 8:19 to play before scoring on a 20 yard run by Kevin Malone with 4:50 to play.

Waverly got the ball back near midfield with around 2:30 to play but couldn't get anything going.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Congrats to a very good Minford team. I'll be rooting for you from here on out. Make some noise in the playoffs : )

2010 is right. Waverly played with passion and determination from the start. The kids were having fun and it showed! One of the most enjoyable games I've seen for a while.

Now to the mystery call.

Correct me if I'm wrong.....but the Minford QB just dropped the ball. Not a single Waverly player had made an attempt to tackle him. The QB never made an attempt to recover the ball and he "never" ended up on the ground. It did not appear to be a close call.

It sure was good to see Kevin Malone back on the field. Waverly is a different team with him out there.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Man, so much for comparing scores. Minford was favored by about 8 touchdowns. The Tigers must have really showed up.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

You can't really compare scores. Hurricane weather has a way of leveling the playing field but it may have hurt the Tigers more. Roback was not able to throw the ball. I don't know if it was the weather or if he was still having trouble gripping the ball due to the injury to his hand.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:You can't really compare scores. Hurricane weather has a way of leveling the playing field but it may have hurt the Tigers more. Roback was not able to throw the ball. I don't know if it was the weather or if he was still having trouble gripping the ball due to the injury to his hand.

Ohh I know you really can't compare scores. There is just some other Minford fans that like to do those kinds of silly things. I'm not that crazy. I was really impressed to hear the Tigers play hard and gave them a great game. Happy that Minford won of course but, some fans are getting a little to carried away.

Return to “Football”