D5 - Region 19: (#7) Coal Grove at (#2) Oak Hill

Who advances?

Total votes: 0

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Re: D5 - Region 19: (#7) Coal Grove at (#2) Oak Hill

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

This is my wild card game this week. If cg can get the run game going and keep slone off the field they have a great chance. But if oak hill gets that passing game going early things could go their way. The grove will be down at least 7 when they get off the bus up there, I'll take the oaks in a close one though.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

IRONFALCON wrote:The grove will be down at least 7 when they get off the bus up there.

Because the OHSAA is going to assign a crew to this game that will certainly favor Oak Hill? :roll:

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

The grove will be down at least 7 when they get off the bus up there, I'll take the oaks in a close one though.[/quote]

What do You Mean :?: At your home field, I have heard it is already 14-0 for the Home team...... :lol: :lol:

By the Way I just messing with ya Good Luck to all the teams that made it in...I am sure a lot of teams wish they were

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

ironman02 wrote:
IRONFALCON wrote:The grove will be down at least 7 when they get off the bus up there.

Because the OHSAA is going to assign a crew to this game that will certainly favor Oak Hill? :roll:

More like they play tough at home and their crowd really gets into things. If I was worried about refs I'd say down 14. :lol:

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

IRONFALCON wrote:
More like they play tough at home and their crowd really gets into things. If I was worried about refs I'd say down 14. :lol:

haha, ok. You're entitled to your opinion. Just wasn't sure if you knew that Oak Hill had nothing to do with getting this crew for the game. The OHSAA assigns all crews for the playoffs.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

ironman02 wrote:
IRONFALCON wrote:

haha, ok. You're entitled to your opinion. Just wasn't sure if you knew that Oak Hill had nothing to do with getting this crew for the game. The OHSAA assigns all crews for the playoffs.

They already have assigned the crew, does anyone know how to find what crew has what crew number, we have crew 82 on this game.

rh40
Riding the Bench

Post by rh40 »

After seeing both team play I think Oak Hill will win this game. I hope I am wrong would love to see CG win this one and make the OVC and Lawrence County proud. CG D needs to show up I didn't think their D played great againist RH. I know CG beat RH and I know the score also but it was 22-12 until 8 min. in the 4th when RH went for it on 4th down and did not make it. With that said GO GROVE!!!! hope I am so wrong and CG wins!!!

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

Their D was great against Fairland. If they play as a team like they did last Friday, they can win this game.

Comparing common opponents means nothing.

cghornet10
JV Team

Post by cghornet10 »

TigerMack wrote:Their D was great against Fairland. If they play as a team like they did last Friday, they can win this game.

Comparing common opponents means nothing.

^agree

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I think Coal Grove should win this one. The D 6 teams that Oak Hill played arent compareable to some of the teams on the Hornets Schedule. That being said unless the Hornets play great defense I see this one turning into a shoot out like they had with Fairland a few years ago. This on has the opportunity to be a 50-48 game with the outcome being decided by which team has the ball last.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

This is going to be a dog fight!! My Falcons played both teams, and both were good games. I think that Oak Hill will pull this one out. Because, I don't think Coal Grove can stop #10, let alone Oak Hill's hard running backs. And I have to support all SOC teams.

Best of luck both teams!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!! The SOC II Champs!!!

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

If cg can keep this a close game until the fourth quarter I think they will win. The oaks haven't played a complete game since the Minford game in week 5. There is a fine line between well rested and being out of game shape, and when you don't play more than three quarters for that many games I would worry that they wouldn't have anything left in the fourth quarter.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

HERE WE GO OAK HILL HERE WE GO

DASANI
Riding the Bench

Post by DASANI »

Kick off will be Friday at 7:30 correct?

paramedic192
Waterboy

Post by paramedic192 »

This is going to be an exciting game. I think Coal Grove D needs to watch this Oak Hill QB he is a very good QB and can throw. I do however see Coal Grove coming out on top

Coal Grove 22
Oak Hill 21

Going to be a close one!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Seen both play and have to go with CG by 3. I think CG is more physical and will wear down OH.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Coal Grove cannot afford penalties like they had in the River Valley game.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

We wont get warn down! GO OAKS

DASANI
Riding the Bench

Post by DASANI »

Could someone please reassure me that the game is friday at 7:30?

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

marshallman wrote:Seen both play and have to go with CG by 3. I think CG is more physical and will wear down OH.

Personally i think this will be a good game myself but Oak Hill is a tough team and they are rather physical as well so i honestly dont think that coal grove will wear them down :!:

GO OAKS!

Return to “Football”