D4 - Region 15: (#8) Alexander at (#1) Amanda-Clearcreek

Who advances?

Total votes: 0

ccfan
Waterboy

Re: D4 - Region 15: (#8) Alexander at (#1) Amanda-Clearcreek

Post by ccfan »

Congrats to Alexander in getting in. Hope everyone has a safe trip.
Come hungry, we have an excellent outdoor grill going on every home game...burgers, brats & all the fixin's & a hand cut french fry stand next to that. That is all on the visiting side, the consessions are on the home side. I don't know what if anything else we will have. I think it was the Logan Elm game we roasted 2 hogs and sold pork sandwiches & fresh Laurelville cider. You can get crispy creams at $5 a box on your way out.
The visiting locker rooms are above the main field at the grade school. There is a small parking lot up there, so parents/family of the team, this is where you want to park. The buses for Alexander will be parked there and if your meeting your player after the game it's the most convenient place to be. Just get there early.
If you do get a parking spot up there, after the game you will not have to walk all the way around (outside the fence) to get up to the gradeschool. There is a set of stairs, just outside the home lockerrooms that will lead you up to the practice field. Walk across this field and on up to the gradeschool. These gates will be open after the game is over.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

#8 Jackson upset big shot Cincy Withrow (Dante Love) in 2004 at their #1 seed field.....

it can be done....but it takes near perfection

Best of Luck and enjoy!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

In my heart, I want Alexander to pull out the victory, but in my head, I keep having that scene from one of the Rocky movies where they ask Clubber Lang his prediction for the outcome of his fight with Rocky Balboa, and his response was "PAIN" :shock:

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

the one poster is right. going through a-c you dont even know you are near any kind of town. talk about the boonies! but some of the prettiest country you can drive through in the state. that by pass has done nothing to effect amanda.

redrocket
Riding the Bench
Location: Along the river where the shotgun protects my humble abode 4 notes a week. You guess which four.

Post by redrocket »

I wish the best of luck to Alex but they have a long row to hoe.

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

Would like to see the TVC win this one, but sanity prevails. AC by as many as they wish. Alex will be shell-shocked.

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

The Aces roll in this one....

Amanda Clearcreek 55
Alexander 14

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

This game could be closer than some are thinking...I don't know what Alexander looks like...however...they played a great game in the rain against Nelsonville York...It is supposed to be raining Friday...Might be a real fight...Clearcreak doesn't have a great offense...from watching the game the other night..although they scored 66 points...it was their competition...Their defense is quick to the ball...however...there are holes...

ccfan
Waterboy

Post by ccfan »

TIGERS90 wrote:
fuzzhead wrote:Amanda's strength is their defense. They're giving up just under 4 points a game on average and they have 5 shut-outs on the year. No one has scored more than 14 points in a game against them.
Amanda will roll Alexander, make no mistake.

I don't know much about Alexander..but schedule strength might be the reason that there wasn't many points scored..Not that I don't think they are pretty good on Defense...they are quick...but not any better than Wheelersburg from what I saw Friday...If Alexander can beat Nelsonville York....they can play with Amanda...especially now with the big back out...

What I would suggest is watch the 2 and 3 hole...close off the slants with your defensive ends...and guard against the pass when #88 comes into the game...if they go into the split back formation..watch the run through the 6 hole...that would be a nice start to stopping CC...Read my report from the game Friday..if you wish...I put in everything they did until the subs came in... http://www.southeasternohiopreps.com/fo ... =1&t=66009

Make sure you scroll down to where I give my scouting report...it should tell you what you need...good luck..

Tigers90, I read your scout report. Are you actually a scout or is this a hobby of sorts. Some of your observations are legit, some have me puzzled. I expect when Dilley went out, you were at that point seeing a different offense than what had been running all year. Which I guess is what anyone will get when they get their hands on game films.
What I also gathered from your report is that you do not know alot about AC ball or our league. AC accumulated more points this year than in any given year, going back to 99. Thats not accomplished by playing a bunch of cupcakes. I havn't missed too many games from 99 on and I don't think I'm overestimating this years D in saying that they right up there with some of the best of the best. Stats also back that up.
We won't know just how much Dilley will be missed until we get out there and play. I see some, calling him a two way player. For the record, he did play some noseguard early on. From wk. 2 or 3 on, he played little to no D, so there is no impact on D of him being injured....Not that it matters,...according to your report with or without Dilley we could not beat Ironton or NY. Not a knock on NY, but the same was said in 04 and it wasn't even a game. I know it's another year, but the over-all quality of teams AC has on their schedule makes a difference. If we should be fortunate enough to meet up with Ironton I expect a tough game...who wouldn't.
I'd be interested to read your comments, should we get out of the region, which is not at all out of the question, injuries or not.
Our offense might have lost some of it's potency, but if the other team can't put it in the endzone, our offense can afford to play under it's ave. season #'s.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

good luck to both teams... I want the best team to win to move on and represent. In case my beloved Ironton fighting Tigers continue to also advance, I want to play the best team possible which keeps you tuned up for the next one. That way they just play more intensely as the season advances. As both Ironton and Amanda have played that five extra game season to win a state or make the finals, we both know how important continuing to win, improve, and advance is to putting the state title puzzle together... good luck to both cc and albany.. no injuries to either!!

JumboT
Waterboy

Post by JumboT »

Butt kickin of the century coming up here for Alexander fans. Sorry but this one is over before you get off the bus. Try to keep them under 50 please.

mr.dude2010
Freshman Team

Post by mr.dude2010 »

id like to see alexander represent the TVC but I dont see it happening. good luck though alex congrats on your first ever playoff appearance

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I just love the support these boys are getting here!!!!

You guys (alexander) are gonna get killed, but good luck!!

I you can't say anything nice!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Look everyone knows that Alex has a tough row to hoe, instead of pointing that out at every oppertunity, how about just saying good luck!!!!!!!!

I say go get'em Spartans!!!!!!!!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

mr.dude2010 wrote:id like to see alexander represent the TVC but I dont see it happening. good luck though alex congrats on your first ever playoff appearance

They may very well lose this game, but they will represent the TVC win or lose!!! They will go up there and play with everything they got, They are gonna let it all hang out for 4 quarters and they will be able to walk off the field knowing they did there best!! That is representing the TVC!!!!!!!!

judge_smales
Waterboy

Post by judge_smales »

You can bet the Aces are not taking this game lightly....we have had a few scares in first round playoff games....coach Hinton and his staff will have them ready to play and will expect a hard fought game.
GO ACES!!!!!!!

creekazoid
Waterboy

Post by creekazoid »

well congrats to Alex for making the second season I just drove by the feild and it is in great shape.color=#FF4000][/color]

NYBucksDad
JV Team

Post by NYBucksDad »

First I have to say Congratulation to the ALEXANDER SPARTANS on a great year and making it to the playoffs.

As for the game coming up I am making the trip to support the school that I graduated from and to support a fellow TVC team.

I wish the best of luck to the Spartans and may they come away with a WIN.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

Orange and Brown wrote:I just love the support these boys are getting here!!!!

You guys (alexander) are gonna get killed, but good luck!!

I you can't say anything nice!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Look everyone knows that Alex has a tough row to hoe, instead of pointing that out at every oppertunity, how about just saying good luck!!!!!!!!

I say go get'em Spartans!!!!!!!!!!!

Good point.
Most of them trashing a team here has not even seen that team play.
Then when called out they say oh no I do respect them.
I doubt many of them comprehend respect, its no longer emphasized in our culture.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

ccfan...I am sure you probably believe wholeheartedly that clearcreek is the real deal...and that they won't get beat but anyone all the way through...I would a lot of time like to think the same about Ironton...but the true story is that there are a lot of good teams out there and sometimes when you get used to watching your team destroy the little teams in your area...you think that your team is better than what they actually are...I hate to tell you this..knowing that you probably don't and won't believe me until it happens....

I went up to CC on Friday...and yes...before your big back got hurt...myself and my buddy that went with me kept shaking our heads at some of the play from both teams...mostly the Amanda offense...which I felt would not gain many yards at all against a good team...or even an average defensive team...Yes they had the big back who was running up the middle and even outside on a couple of occasions...however...a coach with much knowledge at all would bring their ends up and close that off as far as the slants...and a good line wouldn't have given up the big gains up the middle...the other back was quick..but wouldn't stand much of a chance against a decent club...he wasn't that impressive..What impressed us the most was Amanda's Passing...which as we all know isn't Amanda's strong point...

As far as Defenses...Ironton faced many teams with as good or better during regular season...Logan..Jackson..Ashland..Russell..Wheelersburg...Nelsonville and Portsmouth to name a few...but I would guess by watching that the team we faced that looked the most like CC was Wheelersburg...
I didn't see anything special with the defense...other than they had good speed/quickness...but again..a good line would really hurt CC...especially if they had three good backs to mix in with that...

ccfan
Waterboy

Post by ccfan »

TIGERS90 wrote:ccfan...I am sure you probably believe wholeheartedly that clearcreek is the real deal...and that they won't get beat but anyone all the way through...I would a lot of time like to think the same about Ironton...but the true story is that there are a lot of good teams out there and sometimes when you get used to watching your team destroy the little teams in your area...you think that your team is better than what they actually are...I hate to tell you this..knowing that you probably don't and won't believe me until it happens....

I went up to CC on Friday...and yes...before your big back got hurt...myself and my buddy that went with me kept shaking our heads at some of the play from both teams...mostly the Amanda offense...which I felt would not gain many yards at all against a good team...or even an average defensive team...Yes they had the big back who was running up the middle and even outside on a couple of occasions...however...a coach with much knowledge at all would bring their ends up and close that off as far as the slants...and a good line wouldn't have given up the big gains up the middle...the other back was quick..but wouldn't stand much of a chance against a decent club...he wasn't that impressive..What impressed us the most was Amanda's Passing...which as we all know isn't Amanda's strong point...

As far as Defenses...Ironton faced many teams with as good or better during regular season...Logan..Jackson..Ashland..Russell..Wheelersburg...Nelsonville and Portsmouth to name a few...but I would guess by watching that the team we faced that looked the most like CC was Wheelersburg...
I didn't see anything special with the defense...other than they had good speed/quickness...but again..a good line would really hurt CC...especially if they had three good backs to mix in with that...

Listen Tiger, for the sake of arguing. I couldn't agree more on the fact that no matter how good you think you are, there's always someone out there that will bring you back to reality, and BTW, it works both ways, so please don't lump me into the category of someone who just jumped on the AC band wagon, because I'm far from it. I watch alot of football outside of Amanda and the "little teams we play in our area".
The fact that you walked away from our game most impressed with our passing game makes me wonder if you were even at the right game....are you kidding me!
Last edited by ccfan on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”