OVC 2010

Who wins in 2010?

Total votes: 0

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Re: OVC 2010

Post by TheDarkKnight »

I think coal grove has the OVC if they want it bad enough.. :arrow: :122246 :aaaaa69

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

All I said was he should be a decent back. Not knowing when to use him isn't his fault.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

this years ovc is not gonna be bad! I can see possibly two teams making it to the playoffs and it will be a battle between Rock Hill, Coal Grove, and Chesapeake!

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

It's been a quiet off season, how are your teams doing with off season conditioning

XxBUCKEYESxX
Waterboy

Post by XxBUCKEYESxX »

Are there any freshman that may make an impact on friday nights this year??

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

I hear the Redmen and the Panthers have nearly 40 high schoolers out lifting and running every morning! They will be in contention but i will have to say Coal Grove is the favorite at this point. But it is early and anybody can beat anybody! Go OVC!!!

CGHornets
Waterboy

Post by CGHornets »

Coal Grove's passing game will be even better this year. Most of the receivers will be back. Have a deep backfield once again. Maybe even better than last year!
GO BIG GROVE!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

The Hornets will sting just about everyone this year as they should have another very prolific offense.

bucks fan
Riding the Bench

Post by bucks fan »

I think the redmen will suprise alot of people and win the confrence this year.

gogrove9
JV Team

Post by gogrove9 »

Heard the QB from Rock Hill is impressive but not sure if the rest of the team is just as good.

sider123
Waterboy

Post by sider123 »

1. rock hill
2. coal grove
3. fairland
4. chesapeake
5.south point
6. river valley

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

SPEEEEEEED. Whoever has it, the most of it will win it imo. Well that is if they have more then just 1 fast guy.

I remember when RocK Hill used to have 10 guys benching over 300 and Coacl Grove had some of the strongest guys in the state, but long gone are those days of wing-t line it up and smash your face in, if someone has enough speed they will just outrun everyone else. Only time you see teams winning the OVC with the smash mouth approach is when there is little speed in the conference.

When Chesapeake used to smack everyone around, they went 3 athletes deep at every position, and just out athleted everyone else. It didn't matter that CG and RH could bench a million pounds if they couldn't get their hands on the ball carrier.

At this point I will say CG is the favorite but it is looking like a smash mouth type of year due to lack of speed.

bucks fan
Riding the Bench

Post by bucks fan »

[quote="avalanche"]SPEEEEEEED. Whoever has it, the most of it will win it imo. Well that is if they have more then just 1 fast guy.

I remember when RocK Hill used to have 10 guys benching over 300 and Coacl Grove had some of the strongest guys in the state, but long gone are those days of wing-t line it up and smash your face in, if someone has enough speed they will just outrun everyone else. Only time you see teams winning the OVC with the smash mouth approach is when there is little speed in the conference.

When Chesapeake used to smack everyone around, they went 3 athletes deep at every position, and just out athleted everyone else. It didn't matter that CG and RH could bench a million pounds if they couldn't get their hands on the ball carrier.

At this point I will say CG is the favorite but it is looking like a smash mouth type of year due to lack of speed.[/quo

You said whoever has speed will win it, but you think coal grove will win with their smash mouth football due to their lack of speed?

2trap_4ever
    S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Who says we have a lack of speed? No one needs to worry about our team speed we will be just fine.

dime-a-dozen
    Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Coal Grove- Has the most speed in the OVC
    Fairland-Has speed and the best individual athlete (Chad Fisher)
    Rock Hill- Has the most to prove with the best QB in the conference
    Chesapeake- Will have the best O-Line they return everybody, yet i hear there Starting QB isnt playing. Who is the replacement?
    South Point- Can only improve upon last year! They return most of their back field i believe
    River Valley- Idk don't ever hear mush about the Raiders.

1. Rock Hill
    1. Coal Grove
    1. Chesapeake
    2. Fairland
    3. South Point
    4. River valley

BuckBalls
    Riding the Bench

Post by BuckBalls »

bucks fan wrote:rock hill should be really tough next year
    I dont see that happening until they stop playing around the Mccollister boy. He is a good athlete but the other kids practice as much as he does. To much of one kid show, like always at Rock Hill

BuckBalls
    Riding the Bench

Post by BuckBalls »

2trap_4ever wrote:Ump the only problem with Rock Hill is their inability all of a sudden to know when to run the ball. In the game against the Grove last year, they would be down inside the 20 trying to pass it or having McCollister run QB draws. If they are going to have a running back that can carry the load then they need to use him.
    What do you expect that is Rock Hil for you they have never had a good coaching staff. They want to make to many people happy. If you are good then you should play. But that is not the way it is at Rock Hill. Million Dollar field and a 50 cent coaching staff.

gogrove9
    JV Team

Post by gogrove9 »

You have to have a good QB he is the "skilled distributor of the ball" whether that is handing off or passing. Sometimes you have to play according to the strengths of the team. It's good to have skilled QB's RB's and linemen but that doesn't always happen.

knippswife
    Waterboy

Post by knippswife »

Ok Buckballs - I always hate to post and sound so defensive but I am assuming that since you directly identified a kid and the staff that you should be able to handle any feedback. First of all, it must be so easy to hide behind a post name and put down a great athlete as well as a great coaching staff. Second, every athelete at RH is recognized for thier ability and what they bring to the field. Thirdly, every coach on that sideline knows more about football than you could you dream about.

My thoughts: you are a football wanna be star and the only pleasure you have in your life is to put down high school athletes and coaches you wish you were like: If I am wrong then please correct me. However, until that time, stay off rock hill posts, because we don't need you feedback or thoughts.

Finally, just stay off this post and talk about ironton basketball, (since you are such a fan of that post) or man up and quit hiding behind your post name - faye and I would both love to know who is so crictical of RH football. (athletes and staf).

Go RH!!

2trap_4ever
    S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

So just so I know in the future, I am allowed to say anything I want about any other team, just not Rock Hill. I am just wanting to know, for future reference.

Return to “Football”