Week 2: Logan (0-1) @ Pickerington North (0-1)

Who wins??

Total votes: 0

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: Week 2: Logan (0-1) @ Pickerington North (0-1)

Post by dazed&confused »

grizzlynatural wrote:I cannot believe that I am the only person that when I watch this game I see a team that is MUCH BIGGER AND STRONGER than Logan. Noone else thinks "wow...thats a really buff safety" then compare him to ours? Whatever lol Go ahead and feel like I called you a bad name for calling out the inferior weight program.
I'll give you the fact Lancaster had a lot of "developed" (enhanced) players out there. And it seemed to have an effect THIS YEAR. But even if we accept for arguments sake that Lancaster is always the stronger team due to some mystic weightlifting routine, why didn't they beat Logan to death in 2008 and 2009?

LoganAlumni99
Waterboy

Post by LoganAlumni99 »

Since this thread is suppose to be about Logan @ Pickerington North, does anyone know how good of a weight program the Panthers have?

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

LoganAlumni99 wrote:Since this thread is suppose to be about Logan @ Pickerington North, does anyone know how good of a weight program the Panthers have?
Now THAT is something I can talk about. We used to go to their wieghtlifting meet and they to ours. They usually won or showed very well in most categories including team. Lots of built athletes in that program. Again, it hasn't helped them that much against Logan up to now. They did push our defense around in the 2nd half last year, though.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

grizzlynatural wrote:I cannot believe that I am the only person that when I watch this game I see a team that is MUCH BIGGER AND STRONGER than Logan. Noone else thinks "wow...thats a really buff safety" then compare him to ours? Whatever lol Go ahead and feel like I called you a bad name for calling out the inferior weight program.
grizzly -

Lancaster is always going to have a better feeder system (2 Junior Highs) and more kids to choose from than Logan.

I don't care what weight program you put Isaac Lindsey, Seth Sigler, Jordan Jurgensmier, or Clay Morgan into, they aren't going to be 6'2 and 220lbs. It's just not going to happen.

Logan also hasn't had, in my memory, multiple 6'4 and 240lbs linebacker/defensive ends. Again, weight programs can make you stronger and more lean, but they can't make you grow from 5'11 to 6'2 or 6'0 to 6'4. And if you put 240lbs on 6'0, you've got a DT or OT. If you put 240lbs on a 6'4, you have an end or a linebacker.

I'm not comparing Logan's strength and conditioning program to Lancasters. Lancaster's probably is better, however, they have a lot more ONE SPORT athletes also. Logan, again because of numbers, have athletes who can't sit around year round bulking up for football. These kids play basketball, baseball, compete in track and field, etc.

I think Fraunfelter would be disapointed if Logan all of a sudden bulked up sprinters into linebackers and hurt the track program. I don't think it would be good for the kids, and in the long run wouldn't make a huge difference in the football program.

I don't think size is what cost Logan the game against Brookhaven last year.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

ive seen the program they do in the weight room and its a pretty good program they do. Yea maybe lancaster has a better program than logan does but logan still shouldve beat lancaster friday they werent all that impressive either. missed tackles and penalties killed them thats it. They correct that this week they can beat north.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Logan still looking for it's footing North wanting to show they are real.
Not A logan hater here ok but see North pulling out a 34-21 win here.
New coach and qb still a work in progress logan will still have a winning year I think but still learning to.
This may be the year everyone has a chance well almost has a chance at logan.

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

I see a lot of crazy talk on this thread. Logan from everything I have seen always has very well prepared athletes(both menatally and physically) on the football field. I have no doubt they have a good strength and conditioning program.

I can tell you why Lancaster has a great strength and conditioing program. It Starts with the the coaching. Coach Carpenter is very well educated in the subject as well as coach Albertini who is a certified strengh and conditioning coach (The kind that has to have a 4 year degree). He holds the same certs that the guys being paid by college and pro teams have. The Second thing is the number of Athletes we have sent to the next level who bring back the training programs from their colleges for our coaching staff to learn from and build off of. The third thing is we start our athletes out in the 7th and 8th grade coming to the weight room and learning proper lifting techniques so by the time they hit high school they have the proper form and all you have to do is start adding more weight.

As for the arguement about multi sport athletes. Many of Lancaster's top athletes play multiple sports. The diffenece is they have the dedication to make sure they continue their lifting program year round no matter what sports season it is by either going to the weight room after their practice or by taking weight training as a class so they can get their lifting in during the school day.

LoganAlumni99
Waterboy

Post by LoganAlumni99 »

I was thinking about staying home and listening to this game on the radio, but now I'm considering making the drive Friday.

loganphan
Riding the Bench

Post by loganphan »

lhs fan, they play multiple sports ?
your best athletes dont play multiple sports
carpenters.... oh..they swam..
griffin reid in the past ?
ryan marcus....he played baseball...not time consuming at all
cheak...?

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

North is going to show everyone what happens when Logan plays someone a little closer to their own size.

North by 21

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Yawn,,,, :aaaaa9 we hear it every year,,different year same sh..

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Badboy wrote:North is going to show everyone what happens when Logan plays someone a little closer to their own size.

North by 21
YAWN.

Another poster who has NO CLUE what they are talking about.

Some enrollment figures:

Logan, 453 boys
Pick North, 709 boys

Difference? 248 boys

Portsmouth (smallest school on Logan Schedule), 204 boys
Logan: 453 boys

Difference? 249 boys

So as you can see, Logan is almost as close in enrollment to North as they are to Portsmouth (1 boy difference). The next smallest team on Logan's schedule is Gallia Academy with 268 boys (only 185 boy difference).

It is so sad that so many in SE Ohio cling to the fact that Logan can only beat smaller teams. The reality is, Logan can compete with anyone their size. However, SEO fans want to lump Logan in with schools like Pick North, Lancaster, Westerville South, Hilliard Davidson, Dublin Coffman, etc. who are all BIGGER than Logan is bigger than Portsmouth or Ironton.

Get over the jealousy and talk about something you can understand.

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

Lancaster as a team was bigger and stronger but that's not why we lost the battle up front. Most linemen and line coaches will tell you that strength, and too a lesser degree size does not make a super substantial difference. The most important thing is technique, leverage, and getting an awesome fire out. Upon further review of the action, Logan defensive line did well in their shinbone technique. It was the linebackers who never really realized that they need to favor filling along the outside of the tackle box, as Lancaster toters were having the most success when they bounced it outside.

Also, poor tackling technique, not lack of strength were responsible for logan not being able to pull down the ball carrier. If it was a problem of strength (sorry to single out one athlete) Brandon Graham would have not had trouble bringing them down, I doubt there were three people on the field stronger than him.

Playing offensive line against a team as capable as lancaster in the offense logan runs is difficult, because lancaster d players are so fast off the ball, and when your team lines up in the spread and runs the ball, its hard to get the push up front which is easier in a packed box situation, just because there's so many bodies people will run into each other, which plays into the offenses hands, assuming there arent bodies on the ground. That's always been my criticism of running out of the spread. Logan always improves up front very quickly, which is what led to bounce backs from early season losses in years like 06 and 07. Right now I think this is going to be a close game, but I eagerly await the scouting report.

Thank you locos, it seems you can never point out enrollment facts enough for some people.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I agree Locos. The jealousy is eating them alive, lol. Given that Logan is in the SEOAL and has to play the size schools that are there now ( but USED to be bigger), all they can do is play bigger, better teams in non-league.

Given the option of SEO schools to play anyone in non-league games , what do they opt for ? Smaller , weaker teams. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I especially like the river rat teams who talk tough, can't back it up and feed on creampuffs to make themselves out to be something that they aren't. Logan goes out of their way to play people who may well beat them in tough competition while most of SEO goes looking for an easy win. Big difference. 8)

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

now everyone knows that it is Logan's fault that their school has become smaller these days

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

loganphan wrote:lhs fan, they play multiple sports ?
your best athletes dont play multiple sports
carpenters.... oh..they swam..
griffin reid in the past ?
ryan marcus....he played baseball...not time consuming at all
cheak...?
Carpenters did swimming as well as track and field.
Both Nathan and Ryan Cheek competed in track and field
Kyle Stoughton basketball and baseball
Tommy Stuck track and field
Connor Smith track and field
Justin Sharp basketball

Those are just the athletes I remember past and present off the top of my head. I could go back decades and show that the majority of Lancaster's best football players were multi sport athletes.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

This topic is about Pickerington and Logan--Lancaster is water under the bridge

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

noreply66 wrote:This topic is about Pickerington and Logan--Lancaster is water under the bridge
I agree but you and your fellow logan fans were having a nice discussion about the Logan football team and they strength and conditioning program and Lancaster was drug into it. Just thought I would share my insight about Lancaster's program and loganphan wanted to question my knowledge of Lancaster football.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i don't think it was directed at you 97.

Return to “Football”