Ashland (4-0) @ Ironton (3-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: IRONTON vs ASHLAND

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

KVDW wrote:
85inside wrote:This game will be all about containing the Ashland quarterback and Ironton controlling the clock.
this post SHOULD HAVE read....

"This game will be all about over by the end of the first quarter." :lol:
Nope, I'm pretty sure 85inside meant exactly what He said, I agree with him 100%. Ironton needs long sustained drives to control the clock and they'll need to get as much pressure on Sam Hunter (one heck of a QB) as they can get the entire game. It's going to be another slobber knocker.

GO TIGERS...............

BuckBalls
Riding the Bench

Re: Ashland (4-0) @ Ironton (3-0)

Post by BuckBalls »

Tigers looked pretty good last Friday. Tommy looked good throwing the ball opening play should have went for 6. Those are the type of mistakes we cannot make against the Tomcats. I think if Ironton brings the LUMBER this week and make some big hits I dont think those boys from Kentucky can take those big Ohio Hits. Lawless and Warner and Hager gonna have to become the Bash Brothers. They need to really make some big hits were those Tomcats dont want the ball. I will agree that if Ironton does not tackle better and wrap up then this one could get ugly.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Go Tigers
Last edited by kantuckyII on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tigerpower89
Freshman Team

Post by tigerpower89 »

i agree ashland is the favorite coming in they are really a good football team but don't ever think Ironton can't rise to the occasion and make the plays to beat the tomcats

Rastus
Waterboy

Post by Rastus »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:we'd not have lost the game last year, if not for multiple fumbles. if the fighting tigers cover the ball, especially when fighting for extra yardage, keep it high n tight n covered. we may be fine, 1 thing for sure , we are flat out in the meat of our schedule now. no pushovers. we have to execute blocking, tackling. chilli put 10/11 guys in the box tonight , and we continued to run right at them, chilli tired out, from the beating. but i don't look for ashland to be as soft up the gut. which will mean some mixing up of the play calling. i look for this to be a shootout of defenses , not points. whoever makes the least mistakes, may well win this one. but ironton dished out a butt whooping tonight. if that continues , i say the fighting tigers in a close one.i overheard the tigers in the locker room tonight as we were leaving, they were very spirited, and seemed very focused, and on a mission. this could be a bust out game for the tigers. GO TIGERS.
If, if, if, if. "If all the ifs, ands and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas" Turnovers, blocking, tackling are part of the game. Ironton just doesn't have the horses it once had. If Ironton keeps this one within 2 td's I'll be surprised.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

yeah, luts has been playin it close to the vest for the first three games.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

TEMPO, TEMPO, TEMPO....If Ironton @ home can grind the game, pound the ball, move the chains and make this game a physical hard, north/south contest along with protecting the ball I like their chances. Remember people this Ashland squad won last year but ran all over noone. Believe it or not this contest measures VERY even and whether ya like it or ya do not like it the FIGHTING TIGERS may come out on top! :122245

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

As bad as i hate to say this i believe ashland will win. Sorry ironton lol its just for pick-em and i need wins lol

ItownBrowns
Freshman Team

Post by ItownBrowns »

Ashland is going to spread Ironton out and attack their zone. Ironton is going to have to play with great speed in order to defend this offense. Ironton is going to pound it right at Ashland, they are vulnerable in the middle and will take alot of chances trying to stop the I'town running game. Two contrasting styles which will be very entertaining to watch. I think if I'town can stop the screen game and their scissors action running attack without giving up big plays they'll be right in this one. Easier said than done though. As stated before ball control, penalties and ball handling could play a key part in this game. I think Ironton will have to play much better than they have to win this one.

tomcatfan722000
Waterboy

Post by tomcatfan722000 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:we'd not have lost the game last year, if not for multiple fumbles. if the fighting tigers cover the ball, especially when fighting for extra yardage, keep it high n tight n covered. we may be fine, 1 thing for sure , we are flat out in the meat of our schedule now. no pushovers. we have to execute blocking, tackling. chilli put 10/11 guys in the box tonight , and we continued to run right at them, chilli tired out, from the beating. but i don't look for ashland to be as soft up the gut. which will mean some mixing up of the play calling. i look for this to be a shootout of defenses , not points. whoever makes the least mistakes, may well win this one. but ironton dished out a butt whooping tonight. if that continues , i say the fighting tigers in a close one.i overheard the tigers in the locker room tonight as we were leaving, they were very spirited, and seemed very focused, and on a mission. this could be a bust out game for the tigers. GO TIGERS.
im gonna go ahead and blame all those tomcat losses on them beating themselves over the years. you got beat by a better team last year and coach lutz even said so. i specifically remember dominic demartino obliterating an ironton running back to force on of those fumbles.

tomcatfan722000
Waterboy

BigCarlito72 wrote:
SPAMONY wrote:TOMCATS will roll the TIGERS

could get UGLY!!!
Could be that you are not gonna be playing Greenup County this week either, this one will be a struggle, close, physical and decided up front.
because a winless chillicothe was a great challenge right?

tomcatfan722000
Waterboy

boilermaker wrote:Its just Ashland!
that attitude worked out well last year right?

tomcatfan722000
Waterboy

FIDO wrote:Ironton wins in a close one. I think last years score left a bad taste for these players. Comparing scores from like opponents makes for good football forum chatter but that's about it. You can't compare key personnel match ups, mental toughness, team chemistry and psyche....

But what the heck do I know...I'll be on the web reading cag's posting of events.....
agreed about comparing scores last year i-town beat russell 45-0 and ashland beat them 28-7 but the tomcats beat the tigers so comparing scores is useless

tomcatfan722000
Waterboy

BuckBalls wrote:Tigers looked pretty good last Friday. Tommy looked good throwing the ball opening play should have went for 6. Those are the type of mistakes we cannot make against the Tomcats. I think if Ironton brings the LUMBER this week and make some big hits I dont think those boys from Kentucky can take those big Ohio Hits. Lawless and Warner and Hager gonna have to become the Bash Brothers. They need to really make some big hits were those Tomcats dont want the ball. I will agree that if Ironton does not tackle better and wrap up then this one could get ugly.
last year i believe the ky boys were the ones who brought the lumber

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

i have to go with the tigers at home if it was away could be different but in the tank im going with the tigers. even if was in ky i would go with the tigers. come on tigers remember that taste after last yr game.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

this may be the best team ashland has had in 15 years. this qb really impressed me last year and it looks like he is the real deal tigers must put enormous pressure on him to win this game i think they may be the most talented team we will face this year but oh crap what a boatload of points they will be worth...

Tiger Man
Varsity

Post by Tiger Man »

GO TIGERS GO

HIT SOMEBODY!!!!

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

Pepsiman wrote:Nobody wants.........opinions on Ky......football............get it nobody........cares.......
It's an ASHLAND vs. Ironton topic. Therefore Kentucky opinions are entitled, considering Ashland is located in Kentucky....In case you didn't know that.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

E_Waugh wrote:
Pepsiman wrote:Nobody wants.........opinions on Ky......football............get it nobody........cares.......

Actually people do care... There are two teams in these forums who have games against the Tomcats... Ironton this next week and Waverly the week after that.. So what I say on here could help give info or insight on games..

Pepsiman, I ain't mad at ya, but there are others who have given KY updates... Why did you just dog me? And I'm sure this isn't the first time you've messed with other posters.
You're Tiger Bait can you hear me? :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- i certainly do hear you, and good hearing from you again, been a while, and yes i have a post missing on this topic now. this is gonna be a war. ashland will be very good this year. this should be the game of the week.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

the jerk wrote:
If, if, if, if. "If all the ifs, ands and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas" Turnovers, blocking, tackling are part of the game. Ironton just doesn't have the horses it once had. If Ironton keeps this one within 2 td's I'll be surprised.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------second verse, same as the first, another veteran/newbie on here. exposed again. i had a similiar post removed. i know who's doing this crap. sure as i'm setting here. and football is about what if's in many respects. but it's more about play calling and execution. i'm geting tired of losing posts, where i'm merely stating the same thing as others, and expressing my opinion as everybody on here has the right to do.there are only certain people on here that can delete, or alter your words on here. if i'm doing something wrong, i've not been warned , i don't carry on , or rant on here. but i hope it soon stops. i can say it's not nearly as fun to play here as it used to be.

Return to “Football”