SOC2 Lucasville Valley (7-0) vs. Portsmouth West (7-0)

Winner?

Total votes: 0

west football
Waterboy

Re: SOC2 Lucasville Valley (7-0) vs. Portsmouth West (7-0)

Post by west football »

What is the status of Pendleton and Locher are they going to be able to play? If so are they going to be 100%? They both are a big part of the offense and Defense. Hope they are good to go this week as stated earlier this can secure us in the playoffs.
Please update there status......

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

west football wrote:What is the status of Pendleton and Locher are they going to be able to play? If so are they going to be 100%? They both are a big part of the offense and Defense. Hope they are good to go this week as stated earlier this can secure us in the playoffs.
If I had to guess they both play.

I would like to see them just use Locher on D or just split receiver until he's ready. Too valuable and we have a slew of backs.

Either way don't post that kinda stuff on here. Play or not play, make them prepare to stop Trevin.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

siderman wrote:
west football wrote:What is the status of Pendleton and Locher are they going to be able to play? If so are they going to be 100%? They both are a big part of the offense and Defense. Hope they are good to go this week as stated earlier this can secure us in the playoffs.

I would like to see them just use Locher on D or just split receiver until he's ready. Too valuable and we have a slew of backs.

Either way don't post that kinda stuff on here. Play or not play, make them prepare to stop Trevin.
^ Or you think you'd be smart emough to tell him in a PM not to report the team injuries before a big game. :122245

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

if they are healthy they will play. very important game for both teams and if u r valley u dont care what people r saying u prepare as if they r all healthy.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

west will have to get out of the 5-2 ---cover 0,2,4. valley too talented to just stay in that defense. i think tripplett is smarter than that--- he knows he will have to change a few things up with his D. so the chess match will begin. what will coach T do and how will coach Crab respond ? I think coach T will drop of an end into coverage at times and maybe a 3-3 stack type of defense along with is base. i guess it will also depend on down and distance. can yates recognize this type of D and coverage? I think at first he Cant and will use his legs to give him a out. after halftime may have and anwser. your thoughts.
Last edited by eddie on Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Should be a great game with very skilled kids on both sides. Look for a close score also. Good luck to both and stay injury free!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

We were supposed to get run over by Coal Grove this year as well...I guess we will find out friday night!

west football
Waterboy

Post by west football »

siderman wrote:

To begin with i don't think coachs get on here to make there game plan. And don't be telling me what to post on here. A good coach would build a plan around what they know not what someone says. I would keep using Locher the way they have all season its been working pretty good.

burg54
Waterboy

Post by burg54 »

good luck to both teams! Wheelersburg is improving each week should be an intersting finish! Who really wants the golden football? We will see...........

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

West IMO btw what a great matchup

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

It is refreshing to see that the posters are staying away from all of the trash talk. I hope it stays that way all week.

Big Poppy
Waterboy

Post by Big Poppy »

good luck to both teams friday .. hopefully its a great injury free game ... its nice to see the soc has a lot of very good teams this year.... i think this one is close with valley getting the win....

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

I think there are a couple of things that cannot be planned for in this game. Obviously, West is gonna prepare for Valley's spread attack which includes Yates and Holcomb (this kid doesn't get near enough press for the rediculous numbers he's put up this year in ALL phases of the game), not to mention Valley's receivers out of the backfield, from the tight end position and Dwyer (6'5" at WR) & Linne (6'0" at WR). Meanwhile, Valley is gonna prepare for West's running game led by Pendleton along with Auger, Bricker and company running right at you behind that strong line; as well as Ratcliff's arm that is strong enough & accurate enough to hurt you when you are focused on the run.

Unfortunately for the coaches who have to strategize for these types of games, you cannot prepare for just how special players like Yates and Pendleton truly are. I don't care what you do, chances are, Pendleton and Yates are gonna make some plays that give their team a chance. It's gonna boil down to who has the better supporting cast and which team can respond from the great plays that the great players make. Is Holcomb the type of player that can carry Valley on his back if need be? Is Ratcliff the type of player that can carry West on his back if need be? It's one thing to put up big numbers in support of your team's superstar. But, what if your number is called in need of BEING the superstar yourself. Which team has that kid?

Good luck to both teams on an injury free game and I can't wait to watch it!!!

WestFan27
Freshman Team

Post by WestFan27 »

Jesco White wrote:I think there are a couple of things that cannot be planned for in this game. Obviously, West is gonna prepare for Valley's spread attack which includes Yates and Holcomb (this kid doesn't get near enough press for the rediculous numbers he's put up this year in ALL phases of the game), not to mention Valley's receivers out of the backfield, from the tight end position and Dwyer (6'5" at WR) & Linne (6'0" at WR). Meanwhile, Valley is gonna prepare for West's running game led by Pendleton along with Auger, Bricker and company running right at you behind that strong line; as well as Ratcliff's arm that is strong enough & accurate enough to hurt you when you are focused on the run.

Unfortunately for the coaches who have to strategize for these types of games, you cannot prepare for just how special players like Yates and Pendleton truly are. I don't care what you do, chances are, Pendleton and Yates are gonna make some plays that give their team a chance. It's gonna boil down to who has the better supporting cast and which team can respond from the great plays that the great players make. Is Holcomb the type of player that can carry Valley on his back if need be? Is Ratcliff the type of player that can carry West on his back if need be? It's one thing to put up big numbers in support of your team's superstar. But, what if your number is called in need of BEING the superstar yourself. Which team has that kid?

Good luck to both teams on an injury free game and I can't wait to watch it!!!
This is a really good post, hopefully last weeks game at Minford which our supporting cast stepped up will help us.
Has Valley had a game like that to help them? Have they faced adversity like we did last week?

getitoverthenet
Waterboy

Post by getitoverthenet »

heard last nite that West had speed trainers in over the summer and that they really improved overall team speed with the drills...it will be an interesting game of 2 talented teams and.... i hope injury free also.... too late in the year for players to be injured and try to rehab for playoffs ....good luck teams

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:This thread is about West and Valley, Everything else should be gone. Post anything else and you will be gone.
Jello

pirates09
Waterboy

Post by pirates09 »

sider wrote:
jagered wrote:All depends on who coaches the worst, I watched the West-Minford game and I am still trying to figure out where all this speed is everybody keeps talking about from West, Pendeton got run down by #5 think thats the Butcher kid correct me if i am wrong, and he did have the angle on him by a little bit but when he broke threw to the second level i said he is gone and to be honest he got caught quick. Not bashing him i wouldnt want to hurt anyone's feelings but in my opinion the Shankweiler kid from the burg is th best back in this area hands down.
Butcher caught Pendleton because hes as fast or faster than him, trevon had a football in his hand and he had the angle on him its that simple, but being the fastest person in the world does not make you the best running back. Shankweiler is very good, but he still hasn't done as much as Trevon. Trevon has had more yards every year (last year with an average line), This year Trevon has had considerably less carries and considerably more yards, and even yesterday when he had a "bad game" he still had 100 yards in a half! No Trevon hasn't played an Ironton or Oak Hill, but I have watched both for three years and still can't see how Shankweiler is better
You dont see Schankweiler being better because you are from the West Side...Schank and Pendleton are both very good backs and provide a lot for their teams.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Shankweiler has taken his team to the playoffs every year, if you want to compare credentials. I know West made it in when Pendleton was a Sophomore, but he had a GREAT line that year and also had Alfie and Murphy putting up alot of offensive production.

Shankweiler had a good line last year, as he does this year. Even with Craigmiles and Lang in the backfield he was most of the offensive production.

Not taking anything away from either of them. Any school would love the addition of these two players. Shankweiler's teams have had more success.

And you are right, track speed and football speed are two different things. But Butcher ran Pendleton down pretty easily and they list Pendleton as running a 4.6 40yd

Now to tie this all together with the West/Valley thread......so I dont get in trouble.....I think Valley has enough speed at the defensive skill positions to run Pendelton down if he gets loose, just like Minford did to him. Pendleton will get his yards but it will come down to how West stops Valley's spread offense and how tough Valley can be up front. West is big and they are physical on their line play. But not super fast.

Good luck to both teams. I may have to make a detour from the Minford schedule to watch this one. Its a toss up between West and Valley or Ironton vs Bishop Hartley.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

pirates09 wrote:
sider wrote:
jagered wrote:All depends on who coaches the worst, I watched the West-Minford game and I am still trying to figure out where all this speed is everybody keeps talking about from West, Pendeton got run down by #5 think thats the Butcher kid correct me if i am wrong, and he did have the angle on him by a little bit but when he broke threw to the second level i said he is gone and to be honest he got caught quick. Not bashing him i wouldnt want to hurt anyone's feelings but in my opinion the Shankweiler kid from the burg is th best back in this area hands down.
Butcher caught Pendleton because hes as fast or faster than him, trevon had a football in his hand and he had the angle on him its that simple, but being the fastest person in the world does not make you the best running back. Shankweiler is very good, but he still hasn't done as much as Trevon. Trevon has had more yards every year (last year with an average line), This year Trevon has had considerably less carries and considerably more yards, and even yesterday when he had a "bad game" he still had 100 yards in a half! No Trevon hasn't played an Ironton or Oak Hill, but I have watched both for three years and still can't see how Shankweiler is better
You dont see Schankweiler being better because you are from the West Side...Schank and Pendleton are both very good backs and provide a lot for their teams.
Yes, I am from West Portsmouth and I want the Senators to win, but when it comes to evaluting players I have no bias...I have watched both Shankweiler and Pendleton run for 3 years now, and although Shankweiler has improved leaps and bounds from last year in my opinion I still do not think he is better than Pendleton. I will say that Shankweiler is a tough runner who has excellent hips/feet, good vision, and holds on to the football, but I think where Trevon gets him is an a few categories: Once Trevon finds his crease its going to go for at least 50 yards, hes as good as back with finding a seam and taking off, Shankweiler does this but he is not as good as Pendleton at it. Trevon punishes linebackers and safety and can keep his legs moving in the pile and take 2 yard gain and make it 5-10 yards, not saying Shankweiler doesn't do this, but Trevon is better.I also think Trevon is a better blocker. Ill give Shankweiler the advantage in open field, he does a better job than trevon and making people miss in space, but in most all categories I give the edge to trevon. Also Shankweiler has the benefit of a very good offensive line the past two years where last year Trevon did not have a good one and rushed for almost 1500 yards. Shankweiler has played better competition this year I do understand that, but against common opponents Trevon has done better in yards (not by much) and yards per carry...both are very very good, but from an unbiased view I feel Trevon is better by a decent margin.

But that does matter because its a valley. west thread...I think that Pendleton will perform better against Valley because he is a more punishing runner, where as I think Valleys quickness will bottle up Shankweiler, we will have to see

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Post by N B Heat »

Thank You SEOP staff for monitoring this thread last weeks thread of Minford and West was downright disgusting at times !

Return to “Football”