WK10 SOC2 7-2 Minford @ 8-1 Lucasville Valley

Westfan
SEOP

Re: SOC2 7-2 Minford @ 8-1 Lucasville Valley

Post by Westfan »

SPAMONY wrote:Since moving up Valley has ended the season with 2 losses....I see no reason why that trend doesn't continue.
Minford is well rested and healed up after 2 easy wins.....Valley is banged up and bruised after West and BURG.

Minford-35
Valley-24
That part about West and Burg beating up opponents up is 100% true. I looked up the last 3 years of West in weeks 1-9 of the regular season. Assuming Waverly beats Northwest friday, 6 wins and 21 losses will be the total record of West opponents games the following week with 3 of the 6 wins coming against Northwest. Very telling stat no matter how good or bad our schedule is. Wheelersburg is about the same I'm sure.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

SPAMONY wrote:Since moving up Valley has ended the season with 2 losses....I see no reason why that trend doesn't continue.
Minford is well rested and healed up after 2 easy wins.....Valley is banged up and bruised after West and BURG.

Minford-35
Valley-24
The Valley Oline may be a lil battle tested but I think they are good enuff to give Yates time to throw. Valley needs a running game from the Qb center snap. Spread is all well and good, and it worked against West very well for Yates to run, but its all on tape now. Teams can counter it. Valley needs play action.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

demaniac1 wrote:

Minford-35
Valley-24
The Valley Oline may be a lil battle tested but I think they are good enuff to give Yates time to throw. Valley needs a running game from the Qb center snap. Spread is all well and good, and it worked against West very well for Yates to run, but its all on tape now. Teams can counter it. Valley needs play action.

If they cant run the ball effectively, play action is good for nothing. I am not saying they can or cant, just saying that unless they can establish the run play action doesnt matter.

coop
SEOPS

Re: WK10 SOC2 7-2 Minford @ 8-1 Lucasville Valley

Post by coop »

Valley is not "banged up" and if you're counting on that, you've got another thing coming. Burg did kick us in the teeth, but Valley competed FAR better against Burg than Minford even thought about doing. Burg came out and kicked minford in the mouth, and they laid down.....something Valley did not do. This game was 28-20 midway through the 4th...

This team knows they can go down and score points, and I think they will do that on Minford.

This game was 28-20 midway through the 4th...

I DO NOT make excuses, but it has been said, without a couple of those turnover DEEP in thier own territory (one returned for the TD) it could have been a different ballgame.

All Valley can do is go out and kick Minford in the mouth and win the ballgame. I know Minford is a QULAITY ball club, and will be playing with heavy hearts (prayers to the community) but Valley is a QUALITY football team, and has played better against 2 common opponents. All im saying is that Minford fans all the sudden expect a cake walk, that is not going to happen.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Bleeding Red wrote:
demaniac1 wrote:

Minford-35
Valley-24

If they cant run the ball effectively, play action is good for nothing. I am not saying they can or cant, just saying that unless they can establish the run play action doesnt matter.
No kidding! Qb from the center snap is something else. They did it vs burg and got some yards
Last edited by seasick80 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

^^^^

How different. Burg was only +1 in the turnover category.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

^^^^

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

wobycat wrote:^^^^

chicken_coop wrote:Valley is not "banged up" and if you're counting on that, you've got another thing coming. Burg did kick us in the teeth, but Valley competed FAR better against Burg than Minford even thought about doing. Burg came out and kicked minford in the mouth, and they laid down.....something Valley did not do. This game was 28-20 midway through the 4th...

This team knows they can go down and score points, and I think they will do that on Minford.

I DO NOT make excuses, but it has been said, without a couple of those turnover DEEP in thier own territory (one returned for the TD) it could have been a different ballgame.

All Valley can do is go out and kick Minford in the mouth and win the ballgame. I know Minford is a QULAITY ball club, and will be playing with heavy hearts (prayers to the community) but Valley is a QUALITY football team, and has played better against 2 common opponents. All im saying is that Minford fans all the sudden expect a cake walk, that is not going to happen.
What turnovers are you talking about? Valley did what they did and got smacked and coughed it up. Need to make sure that doesnt happen vs Minford. BTW, it wasnt all in Valleys territory either. Burg handed them the ball on the 2nd play of the game in Burg territory. Valley scored. Good luck to both teams, this will be a very contentious game. Valley is better, Minford is fading. Tempers will get hot, KEEP IT COOL! It happens to all teams in the SOC2

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

chicken_coop wrote:Valley is not "banged up" and if you're counting on that, you've got another thing coming. Burg did kick us in the teeth, but Valley competed FAR better against Burg than Minford even thought about doing. Burg came out and kicked minford in the mouth, and they laid down.....something Valley did not do. This game was 28-20 midway through the 4th...

I guess this is directed at me so I will respond.

First, I am from BURG
Second, I didn't say Valley was not a Quality team on paper I think they are better than Minford.
Third, I agree BURG gut stomped Minford and they Quit in the 1st quarter(dont expect that against Valley).
Lastly. for you to say that Valley is NOT banged and bruised after playing West and BURG is not only an IGNORANT statement it's also a lie. Pretty sure you lost a starter in the West game.

As far as my prediction goes I am simply following the TREND and FACT that Valley has not had a victory over Burg or Minford since you joined the BIG BOY LEAGUE. Since you owned Minford for years prior to that I think you are limping in that game a little due to tougher competion in weeks 8 and 9.
When all other factors are equal then the simplest answer is almost always correct....So I stand by my prediction......

Since FACTS, HISTORY and LOGIC supports my position!!!!!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

First - I dont care where you're from, that has nothing to do with my response. The response was directed at pretty much whoever wanted to read it.

When you lose a player for the season, I dont see that as banged up...because the kid isnt going to be in the game. Another player at 100% will take his place..so unless you have some "inside info" then you obviously dont know what you're talking about.

Valley was at 100% vs Burg (other than the player lost for the year) and will be at 100% for Minford...since joining the SOC2 Valley has a winning record agains 3 of the 5 teams they play.

2006 Minford 13 Valley 7 (Valley was 5-5)
2007 Minford 41 Valley 0 (Valley was 4-6)
2008 Minford 10 Valley 7 (Valley was 5-5)
2009 Minford 28 Valley 21 Valley was 7-3)

You're right that is 0-4 vs Minford....the first 3 years Valley was down, and the Falcons were a SOLID football team. At any rate, aside from 07, this is ALWAYS a competitve game. The last time the Indians beat the Falcons was 2005 40-0 en route to an 11-2 season. Even all of the years Valley owned Minford, the game was ALWAYS a battle, and there was rarely a lopsided score, and I expect nothing different this week.

I simply disagree that we are "limping" into this football game, nothing more. Not trying to argue with you, it just seems like anytime Valley has a talented team and will compete, people dont like it.

Since joining the SOC 2 Valley has went

06 1-4
07 2-3
08 2-3
09 3-2

It's obvious they are adapting to the move, and moving in the right direction as this the 5th year in the league and they are in the hunt for an SOC2 crown (win over Minford, and Burg loss) Even if Burg doesnt lose, 4-1 (pending a win over Minford) and a playoff berth is respect worthy.

Good Luck to both teams friday night!

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE »

Valley gets the job done this Friday and get a home playoff game. I will gladly make the long trip to Lucasville next Friday!

ON THE ROCKS
Riding the Bench

Post by ON THE ROCKS »

Heard today sum changes going on in minford..at qb Sloan..fb Gains moved the speed to the wings Butcher,Piquet...SLoan.been throwing all yr..for the zone read. with that speed on the edges would be hard to man up on..Cant see any LB covering the wings in pass.....cant see it though change week 10.....

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

ON THE ROCKS wrote:Heard today sum changes going on in minford..at qb Sloan..fb Gains moved the speed to the wings Butcher,Piquet...SLoan.been throwing all yr..for the zone read. with that speed on the edges would be hard to man up on..Cant see any LB covering the wings in pass.....cant see it though change week 10.....

Wow.....that many changes in week 10??

ON THE ROCKS
Riding the Bench

Post by ON THE ROCKS »

Thats what i thought....but u have to have back up QB and he is the back up...shank stepped up last week...i dont believe it ..but need to win.. putting that speed on one side wide wow...

ON THE ROCKS
Riding the Bench

Post by ON THE ROCKS »

100% agree

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

They just need to get the ball in Butcher's hands more and let his legs do the work. he is the fastest kid I have seen in high school when he went racing down the sideline against Waverly Friday night. Not second guessing our coaching staff because they do a great job......but Gaines is great on the inside traps and counters, Piquett and Slone on the dives and belly and Piquett and Butcher around the end will be VERY hard to contain. Now I am not saying they have to line Butcher up in the wing to do that, he can run the waggle and either dump it off or wait for the corners and LB's to suck downfield with the recievers and take off. Not many kids in southern Ohio are going to run him down.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

FIDO wrote:This crap cracks me up!!! They'll line up, knock the snot out of each other, and who wins plays week 11 and who loses goes deer hunting...It's really that simple...Aside from a season ending injury at West and another player with a little ding, Valley will be at 100%....It's not like they have been razzlin grizzlies...Geesh folks!!! How many of you posting have ever played a down? Seriously!!! Some of the things being said is just plain silly!!

I've often asked myself what the percentage of people who ACTUALLY played in a game (not put on a uniform, but PLAYED) would be...hahaha

ON THE ROCKS
Riding the Bench

Post by ON THE ROCKS »

I seen sloan run the o at a passing camp..the kid can throw the ball...if he was not such a good FB he would be QB on any team...I think he hit the butcher kid for 3-4 fly routes on the money against us at jackson...

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Even though West beat Minford but lost to Valley....I believe Minford will roll in this one.

Big Poppy
Waterboy

Post by Big Poppy »

Bleeding Red wrote:They just need to get the ball in Butcher's hands more and let his legs do the work. he is the fastest kid I have seen in high school when he went racing down the sideline against Waverly Friday night. Not second guessing our coaching staff because they do a great job......but Gaines is great on the inside traps and counters, Piquett and Slone on the dives and belly and Piquett and Butcher around the end will be VERY hard to contain. Now I am not saying they have to line Butcher up in the wing to do that, he can run the waggle and either dump it off or wait for the corners and LB's to suck downfield with the recievers and take off. Not many kids in southern Ohio are going to run him down.
fastest ever ? really?

Return to “Football”