Congrats Trevon Pendleton

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Congrats Trevon Pendleton

Post by Bleeding Red »

Black@Orange wrote:Ok D, didn't Burg play Ironton to a one score game? With both teams healthy? We played right with the Burg, with arguably our two best players on the bench! So why would we be scared of Ironton. I have never gauranteed a victory, but I know my boys from the Westside would not be scared! If you guys from the Burg and Minford want to bow down to I-Town go ahead, but leave the Siders out of it!

Nobody is bowing down to Ironton. Its just reality. I watched them play 3 times last year and they were really good.

Heck, they lost to the eventual state champs (who they blew out when they played at home). They should have beaten Hartley in the playoffs, and a horrible call for a personal foul on 3rd and long gave Hartley a first down and they went on to drive 70 yds for the go ahead TD late in the game.

Nothing against West, they had a good team last year. But keep it real. Ironton beat the D4 state champs by 3td's last year.

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Black@Orange wrote:Ok D, didn't Burg play Ironton to a one score game? With both teams healthy? We played right with the Burg, with arguably our two best players on the bench! So why would we be scared of Ironton. I have never gauranteed a victory, but I know my boys from the Westside would not be scared! If you guys from the Burg and Minford want to bow down to I-Town go ahead, but leave the Siders out of it!

Nobody is bowing down to Ironton. Its just reality. I watched them play 3 times last year and they were really good.

Heck, they lost to the eventual state champs (who they blew out when they played at home). They should have beaten Hartley in the playoffs, and a horrible call for a personal foul on 3rd and long gave Hartley a first down and they went on to drive 70 yds for the go ahead TD late in the game.

Nothing against West, they had a good team last year. But keep it real. Ironton beat the D4 state champs by 3td's last year.
Maybe traveling 3 hrs on a bus might had something to do with Ironton beating Hartly the first game. Just like West traveling to Sparta.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Black@Orange wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

Maybe traveling 3 hrs on a bus might had something to do with Ironton beating Hartly the first game. Just like West traveling to Sparta.
It would definitely have an effect. But if you watched the Ironton/Hartley playoff game, Ironton had the lead and had Hartley stopped on the 20 yd line on 3rd and 15 or so. Ironton DB upended the Hartley WR in the air, the WR dropped the ball and the Ironton kid threw his hands up to celebrate a good play as he was walking back to the Ironton side (not knowing the WR was hurt and still on the ground). They threw a 15 yd personal foul against him and gave Hartley the ball back with 1st and 10 which led to the Hartley go ahead TD.

I think Hartley came to Ironton uninspired and when Ironton got on top of them they didnt let up.

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

Ironton would have dominated west last year...hands down...injured or not...

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

Why talk about games that never happened? Anything can happen at anytime, so there is no telling who wouldve won.

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

The D wrote:Ironton would have dominated west last year...hands down...injured or not...
Prove it! :122245

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

Prove that west wouldnt have gotten destroyed.

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

Still trying to figure out why Jimmy Tressel didn't sign the second best fullback in the nation.
Perhaps he didn't see him walk on water like the rest of the West side?
Where has he committed? Was that question ever answered? Will we see an hour long ESPN special on his "Decision"?

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

I can't see him getting a lot of offers right now. That is one heck of an injury. Let him recover first then do some
work outs. Then we'll see what kind of offers he'll get. big or small

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

Bear42 wrote:Still trying to figure out why Jimmy Tressel didn't sign the second best fullback in the nation.
Where has he committed? Was that question ever answered? Will we see an hour long ESPN special on his "Decision"?
:lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Bear42 wrote:Still trying to figure out why Jimmy Tressel didn't sign the second best fullback in the nation.
You're just about sick you know that. I hope you or none of your kids ever suffer an injury as serious as his, but you know what they say about karma. He was a heck of a back before he got hurt. With him healthy there's another gold football on the west side you can take that to the bank. I don't have a dog in the fight but give the kid a little respect. He'll most likely play Div I football which is more than me or 99% of this website will ever do.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I thought there were rules on this site? For those two clowns to make fun of a kid that basically destroyed his ankle is sick.

Thanks Falcon for a level headed response.

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

I never intended for that comment to "make fun" and never once did I say anything about his injury. I just think sometimes fans put these kids on a level much higher than they deserve. They are student athletes, not NFL players. This forum has been about what kids are better and so forth and who is ranked higher, blah blah blah. I was at the game where he was hurt and I felt incredibly bad for the kid. I'm not sick to make fun of that. Again I apologize. I wish all of our area student athletes the best. I wanted to know if he had committed. I know of several who have overcome injuries and I'm sure Mr. Pendleton will do the same. You're right, he is one heck of a player. However, let the kids be kids and let them enjoy it. Get well!

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

Why does every thread on this site about an athlete's college career turn into a pi$$ing contest between 2 high school zealots?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Doc Panther wrote:Why does every thread on this site about an athlete's college career turn into a pi$$ing contest between 2 high school zealots?
jealousy

Just look at Roback last year. Cincinnati, Notre Dame, and now Ohio U. If you read alot of these posts, you wouldn't think he could've played college ball anywhere.

The Gunslinger
Waterboy

Post by The Gunslinger »

Lets face facts. There are people on this site that truely understand talent and what it takes to be recruited and be able to play at a top tier Division 1 program. There are other people that do not understand all of the talent that is out there to be recruited. You can not compare student athletes from southeastern ohio to other southeastern ohio student athletes and say the are a D 1 recruit. You have to compare them to athletes from Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland, Youngstown to start. Then you have to think of all the high schools around the nation. We never compare our kids to these student athletes. There are people on this site that do and they understand why some kids only go D2 or 1AA and not to a BCS school. We need to be realistic in our assessment of talent. In the end the most important thing is not that someone ends up at OSU or any other BCS program but that they are able to continue to play a game that they love and that they are getting all or some of their college paid for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

siderman wrote:I thought there were rules on this site? For those two clowns to make fun of a kid that basically destroyed his ankle is sick.

Thanks Falcon for a level headed response.

Just who exactly are you talking about?

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

Listen...he was a good back...that is all...he was the best thing that west saw in a loooooong time, but he was never going to be an iconic college back...thats just how it is...the whole situation has been blown out of porportion the entire time...dont get me wrong, the kid was a heck of a back and probably could have received some good offers, however, he never was as truly dominant in the conference or area to be considered as a college icon potential...many of those yards racked up came from games west had already locked up, against weaker teams...like one guy already said, when did he ever do that well against the better teams? he was a great player, but not as great as the hype was...and yes, I could see a big D1 scholarship...without the injury...it really is too bad that it happened, and I feel sorry for the kid, but when you face the facts, there was too much hype from the very start and everybody knows it.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Good Luck to this young man . Not everyone gets a free education, he earned his through hard work & pain.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

The D wrote:Listen...he was a good back...that is all...he was the best thing that west saw in a loooooong time, but he was never going to be an iconic college back...thats just how it is...the whole situation has been blown out of porportion the entire time...dont get me wrong, the kid was a heck of a back and probably could have received some good offers, however, he never was as truly dominant in the conference or area to be considered as a college icon potential...many of those yards racked up came from games west had already locked up, against weaker teams...like one guy already said, when did he ever do that well against the better teams? he was a great player, but not as great as the hype was...and yes, I could see a big D1 scholarship...without the injury...it really is too bad that it happened, and I feel sorry for the kid, but when you face the facts, there was too much hype from the very start and everybody knows it.
Great post. You only contradicted yourself about 3 times :roll:

The guy was a great player. He never got to show what he could have done as a senior. Like has been said, he never ran it that much up to the minford game because they didn't need him to. In the minford game he got hurt. In the valley game he got hurt. So how can you gauge what he would've done?

He went to summer camps all-over this country winning MVP's against some of the best competition in the nation. That's how he was the #2 fullback. People that actually know football rank these kids.

It's all your opinion and you all out hatred for anything to do with West.

Return to “Football”