Ironton Football 2011

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ironton Football 2011

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

the trouble with belfry is they have certain district games they have to get in each year, at that time of the year it may be extremely difficult if not impossible to play them.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

my thinking is if we cannot find somebody maybe we play a very difficult west virginia big school. they may have some openings. i'd love to play logan ohio again.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

The old man double posted :122246
Last edited by pappy1 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

I am assuming that GAHS dropping Ironton is a rumor. Thru my many years of watching HS football I have had many players from opposing teams that catch my attention. Michael Lawless caught my attention last year and am looking forward to seeing him this coming year. I hope his injury recovery is going well (and all injured players from all teams).

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

While week 9 is still listed as an open date, if Fairbanks can get of the game they have scheduled for that week, they will be coming back to Ironton.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that would be awesome.

timbo52
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo52 »

i know michael lawless had surgery, anyone know how he is doing? hope every thing is going good and we hope for a quick recovery :)

cant stop this
All State

Post by cant stop this »

Michael is doing well. he is currently in rehab and working hard to get healthy

timbo52
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo52 »

thats good to hear. i am sure he will be a big part of both sides of the ball this year. get well soon ;-)

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Anyone know how Dion Brown is doing? Is He going to be ready to go come Football Season?

Good to hear Michael Lawless is doing good, He'll play a major roll for the Tigers this coming year.

tigerfan25
Waterboy

Post by tigerfan25 »

Yes hopefully dion will be 100% this year, he is running track this year and gonna play some aau ball so he should be ready to go he definately deserves his chance.

Rastus
Waterboy

Re: 2011 Fighting Tigers

Post by Rastus »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:we just reload at ironton.
Nobody reloads in Southern Ohio these days, Ironton is still better than most, but get real, it isn't '88, times and our communities have changed

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

do you know a small school like ironton , that is a public school down south that played 26 games in 2 years, me either but ironton.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

tigerfan25 wrote:Yes hopefully dion will be 100% this year, he is running track this year and gonna play some aau ball so he should be ready to go he definately deserves his chance.
That's great news, I wish Him nothing but the best and I'm looking forward to seeing Him on the field and on the Court the next two years. You are right, Dion deserves it after what He's been through the past two years. Good Luck Dion.

Thanks for the update

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

I watched Dion play basketball this past weekend and he seems to be doing well. Still not back to 100% yet but with work hopefully he will be.

I am so excited about this coming season! I think the Tigers are gonna be great! We also have some kids coming back who haven't played for a couple of years. These would be lineman and I know we will need them with the loss of the seniors. I look for big things from the backfield. I know a bunch of boys working out on a regular basis. One I know for sure if he gets any stronger he will be a load and hard to take down. :122249 but I am not prejudiced or anything :122249

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

86Tiger wrote:I watched Dion play basketball this past weekend and he seems to be doing well. Still not back to 100% yet but with work hopefully he will be.

I am so excited about this coming season! I think the Tigers are gonna be great! We also have some kids coming back who haven't played for a couple of years. These would be lineman and I know we will need them with the loss of the seniors. I look for big things from the backfield. I know a bunch of boys working out on a regular basis. One I know for sure if he gets any stronger he will be a load and hard to take down. :122249 but I am not prejudiced or anything :122249
That's great news with Dion, hope He's 100% when He makes His return.

Who's coming out to play that hasn't played in a couple years?

PM Me, if you don't mind filling Me in on the players your talking about. I know the RB your talking about and yes He will be a load to bring down, He averaged 7.4 yards per carry last year 45-335 :122245

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I was reading the Jackson thread, it's being said that We won't be playing each other after next season. If this is true does anyone know why?

Jackson is supposedly picking up Wheelersbirg and Athens to replace Ironton and St Charles who is a 1 year deal for them next season.

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

How long does Ironton have with Hartley? I hope this series can continue it is shaping up as a great one for both teams.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Seems that all of the SEOAL teams are dropping Ironton from their schedules. It will be a challenge for Ironton to fill their schedule each year without travelling 2-3 hours from home.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Blackjack wrote:Seems that all of the SEOAL teams are dropping Ironton from their schedules. It will be a challenge for Ironton to fill their schedule each year without travelling 2-3 hours from home.
Well, I guess we can always count on Portsmouth from the SEOAL to keep playing us whether any of the other Teams want to or not.

Return to “Football”